Invasion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invasion

Any comments about Invasion on ABC? It follows Lost on Wednesday night.

I guess the Sheriff, the Doctor and the Priest have been taken over.

Re: Invasion

Yep... kind of like "Invasion of the Body Snatchers".... without seed pods so far..... lights falling out of sky into water.....

This is one of 3 alien invasion series that have made their debut in the past few days.

The others:

"Threshold" on CBS Friday night @ 8PM.... lightning or something from outer space falls into water... takes over people.

"Surface" on NBC on Monday night. Possible sea serpants in water.

Seen all 3... now I have to decide if they're all worth watching or even more fun, which of these 3 will survive to next season. So far "Invasion" may have the best bet since it follows the already established "Lost".

"Surface" kicks off NBC's Monday night which is hard since ABC counters with football, CBS has some established comedies..... I like the lead actress in this series.... Lake Bell who was last a regular on "Boston Legal."

"Threshold" brings together a bunch of scientists under a Homeland Security umbrella to figure out the invasion...

And probably if there are more viewers on this board, all 3 shows should have their own threads.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The one thing I couldn't keep straight is which kid belongs to which pair of parents.

Comment

The way I see it:

Little girl with blonde mom & separated or divorced dad.

The son from same mom & dad above.

The older daughter is the daughter of the sheriff guy but of a deceased mom...

Blonde mom and sheriff guy are definitely possessed.
        Also the pastor/priest.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I think the Doctor Mom and the Ranger Dad are divorced.
          The Ranger Dad and the Newsreporter Lady are married and expecting one kid.
          The Doctor Mom and the Sheriff Dad seem to be married. Seems that the Doctor Mom was possessed or replaced during the storm. Question is when was the Sheriff Dad possessed and what about the status of his daughter?

Well it is after all the first episode.

Comment

The most interesting thing I noticed about the show was the name of its producer and creator. . . . Shaun Cassidy.....Yes, THAT Shaun Cassidy. I almost feel embarassed to know who he is.

Hardy Boys anyone? Or how's about the singer of one of the cheesiest covers of "Da Doo Ron Ron?" I remember girls swooning over him, and if memory serves, he had a concert here also.

Comment

Originally posted by tvguy
              The most interesting thing I noticed about the show was the name of its producer and creator. . . . Shaun Cassidy.....Yes, THAT Shaun Cassidy. I almost feel embarassed to know who he is.
              Shaun Cassidy had a TV horror show years ago called American Gothic. It was really good but got cancelled early. Wonder if it's on DVD?

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                Shaun Cassidy had a TV horror show years ago called American Gothic. It was really good but got cancelled early. Wonder if it's on DVD?
                Silly me. Of course it is.

Comment

Shaun Cassidy is half brother of David Cassidy, who was once on the "Partridge Family" TV Show. The shierff guy in "Invasion" reminds me of one of the characters from the aforementioned "American Gothic."

I think the shierff guy is probably the leader of the invasion...but who knows after only 1 episode...
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I didn't hang on to watch... any broad view of what the critics think? It got 16.9 million viewers, but a lot of that is attributed to the huge 23 million strong audience of "Lost" that preceded it.

The only piece of "Invasion" I saw was the warning card before it aired, talking about scenes of hurricane-related damage and how it might be disturbing for some viewers.

What's really confusing me is that there's another show on another network, "Threshold," and the promos blend together in my head.

At least the creators are totally up-front about how the success of "Lost" spawned these shows. Some of the presentation is so similar, it borders on stealing. One promo I saw (I think it was for "Invasion") even had a Hurley-like beat and awe-struck, "Dude..."

Comment

I left my VCR running that evening to record "Lost", so I picked up "Invasion" as well on the same tape. Haven't watched it yet.

Comment

For what it's worth, I'll continue to watch "Invasion" as long as it follows "Lost."
                        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Last night's episode was kind of strange. Assuming that Doctor Mom has been taking over, she was kind of surprised of finding a thing in the Wetsuit guy, even giving it to Ranger Dad to take a look. So either the taking over process is not complete, which seems to be one hint of this epsiode or there is a possibilty of two different types of aliens running around in this series.

Best line of the episode was from Newsreporter Lady trying to cross a checkpoint saying I'm married to the sheriff's wife ex-husband.

Also gotta add Newsreporter Lady's boss as one of the possessed.

Comment

Found out that the two episodes of Invasion will replay tonight (10/1) at 7:00 pm (HST) on ABC.

Comment

Managed to see Wednesday's epsiode last night. I don't think anyone new got taken over but it is shown that a lot of the towns people are missing. And the remains that was found in the first episode may hint to belong to the sherifff's first wife.

Comment

Working...
                              X