Favorite cartoon show old and new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite cartoon show old and new

old: bugs bunny,favorite episode being the mad scientist one with the orange monster,the broom hilda ones were great too

new:Fairly Oddparents and Samuri Jack

Re: Favorite cartoon show old and new

Hercules, Hero of Song and Story
    Hercules, Winner of Ancient Glory
    Fighter with his might
    With the strength of ten
    Ordinary men
    That's the song of
    Hercules!

(or close to it)

How I know? I use to put the towel and clothes pin to hold by my neck and a plunger and act like I was Hercules. No Barbie Dolls for me.

Another one: Gigantor...Gigantor the space age Robot, fearless go, go, go!

S K E L A T O R!
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

My all-time favorite is this CLASSIC . Bugs Bunny rocks! I also loved George of the Jungle , Super Chicken ,Tom Slick,Rocky and Bullwinkle , Dudley Do-Right and the other Jay Ward classics.

Now days i love anything Anime like Full Metal Panic . Watch it on free on demand.
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

My favorite classic cartoons:

Road Runner & the Coyote - that is always funny.

All of the other Warner Bros. Looney Tunes cartoons - Porky Pig, Daffy Duck, Bugs Bunny, Foghorn Leghorn, Tweety & Sylvester, Pepe LePeau, Tasmanian Devil, others.

The original Johnny Quest series

The British ITC Supermarionation series from Gerry & Sylvia Anderson (not really cartoons but often lumped with them): Fireball XL5, The Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlett & The Mysterons

Speed Racer

Yes, Hercules was pretty good too.

The Jetsons

The Flintstones

Newer cartoons that I occasionally watch and enjoy:

King of the Hill
        The Simpsons
        Futurama

South Park

Lilo & Stitch
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

From the 60s: The Beatles cartoon! Oh man, we would sit in front of the B&W TV in our jammies and sing along with the words at the bottom of the screen!

We bought a bunch of those $1 DVDs from Walmart and Price Busters: Pop-Eye, Casper, Mighty Mouse, Gumby! The kids love them, but MAN some of them are so violent!

These days we also like to watch Cyber Chase, Maya & Miguel, and of course, Global Thingy, a cartoon segment on Sesame Street!

Now we like to watch PBS cartoons for obvious reasons!
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Dang yeah. The Beatles' cartoon was a classic that I also liked. The sad thing is the Beatles themselves never saw a penny from the royalties they could have made from this and all the other merchandising that were being sold at the time.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Just like there are Coke people and Pepsi people, there were Warner people and Disney people. I'm a Warner guy, and definitely preferred the darker, edgier humor. (It sure was a lot more violent, and occasionally offensive by modern standards as far as racial stereotypes go.) Sadly (or maybe not), I seem to be raising a family of Disney kids...

I really didn't have refined tastes in cartoons as a kid. Thundercats ("Ho!") and Transformers ("More than meets the eye!") factored heavily. But I know I wasted a few brain cells on the Smurfs ("La la la la la la..."), He-Man ("I have the power!"), even the Mon-Chi-Chis. Heck, I think I watched "Jem"!

Today? "Simpsons" tops the list. Of course I love the classics, but I don't hate the "new stuff" as much as most fans -- I just see it as different. "King of the Hill" is entertaining enough, and I have a strange fondness for "Family Guy" (the things they can get away with in prime time these days!). I see the appeal of "South Park," but I stopped watching after a season. I really liked "The Tick," but it didn't last long. Nothing else really grabbed my attention besides "Aqua Teen Hunger Force."

Comment

Yep, my preference has always been with Warner Bros. because of their violent cartoons and even more today because many are not politically correct. Love em.

I have never been crazy about most Disney cartoons. Too sacharrine.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The Archie Show and Lil' Richie

Superman!

Does Spiderman count?

Spiderman, Spiderman
                  Does Whatever a Spider cans
                  Spins a web
                  Any size
                  Can't you see
                  Just like flies
                  Look out...
                  Here comes the
                  Spiderman!!!!!!!

Auntie Lynn
                  Last edited by 1stwahine; September 22, 2005, 07:53 AM.
                  Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                  Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by alohabear
                    My all-time favorite is this CLASSIC . Bugs Bunny rocks!
                    Alohabear, you beat me to it....that is my all-time favorite Bugs Bunny episode! Very funny. I remember even watching this episode during a session of the prequisite music class I had to take in my first year in college. I have to get a copy of it for myself...it is indeed a classic!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                      Just like there are Coke people and Pepsi people, there were Warner people and Disney people.
                      And that would make Hanna-Barbera what RC Cola? Their cartoons dominated the airwaves during the 1960's. Way more violent, well some of them were, others started trends like the Flintstones.

Comment

OLD: Anything with Jay Ward's imprimatur
                        NEW: Space Ghost-Coast To Coast; The Brak Show; Harvey Birdman, Attorney At Law (all on Cartoon Network's "Adult Swim")

If you are an old cartoon fan, you have to check out Harvey Birdman.
                        The concept is that the former superhero now works in a law firm, with his old boss Falcon 7 (who is now Phil Ken Sebben.) They defend other cartoon clients, such as when Scooby-Doo & Shaggy were busted for marijuana posession, or when Fred Flintstone was accused of Mafia connections (The Dabba Don, a la The Sopranos). They also handled a custody battle between Dr. Benton Quest & Race Bannon, over Jonny & Hadji.

Comment

oooh yea baby.
                          space ghost
                          the bjork tom york ep is the greatest. got it and watch it now and then. prolly too often.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                            They also handled a custody battle between Dr. Benton Quest & Race Bannon, over Jonny & Hadji.
                            Case from this past Sunday had Dr. Quest and Race trying to get a domestic partnership.

Comment

Hmmm...to participate in this thread, or not...that is the question, as I'm not the least bit unbiased in favoring Looney Tunes (Warner's was the distributor) for very personal reasons! I don't wanna get into any promotional, brag fest here so I'll just provide the url's below and let them speak for themselves!
                              http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0597520/ (no family member gave IMDB any biographical info and we have no idea where it came from! Kind of eerie...)
                              http://www.reelserviceshawaii.com/mydad/ (special thanks to PZ who set up this page...well, the entire site!)

That said...the humor, the double entendres, even the 'violence' and 'politically incorrect' racial depictions were hysterically funny. All of that was acceptable back then. It's not now so many of those cartoons are banned.

Comment

Working...
                              X