Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dyson vacuum cleaners

Originally posted by lavagal
    DO WE HAVE THE SAME KIDS?????? I have one of those new Dyson vacuum cleaners. I've told the girls if they don't pick up their toys, especially the Barbie shoes or ANYTHING POLLY POCKET, it will be sucked up and I will NOT reach into that spooky tangle of dust-hair-lint-cat barf, etc., to retrieve it.
    When Kid 1 or Kid 2 spotted a mini rubber go-go boot or shoe in the clear Dyson cannister a couple of times, they got the picture. But most of the stuff stays in the closet because they instantly forget the lesson of the day.
    Hey Lavagal, do those Dyson vacuums really work better like the inventor says? I'm in the market for a new vacuum cleaner and was wondering.

Re: Dyson vacuum cleaners

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
    Hey Lavagal, do those Dyson vacuums really work better like the inventor says? I'm in the market for a new vacuum cleaner and was wondering.
    Well..... Let's put it this way. I've had it for more than a year now and I'm still pleased. But I couldn't figure out how the whole thing worked right away, so if you get one and have questions, let me know. I know how to take it apart and reassemble it for various details/duties.

I got it at Costco for around $400. This, after a year of a bright yellow Ureka upright that lost its suction about a month ater I bought it. The Dyson is a big tool to push around. What I really liked about it was we had a flea problem here at home for a little while. I'd monitor the canister to see how we were doing with our eradication program. It's amazing to me that fleas can live despite the great vacuum sucking experience. Now the fleas are no more, but man what that vacuum gets. I mean, I might think I'm not doing much but when I check the cannister it's loaded with dust and cat fur.

So I think yes, it works damn good. But I also don't want to think I spent that kinda money on a mistake. And you know how the grass is always greener? When they came out with that Dyson with the ball swivel I lusted. What is wrong with me? LOL!

On another note, I just recently bought the Bissel Flip It for its wet and dry vacuuming of hard floors experience. One thing about that--it does a good job, too. BUT--if you get a day or two's worth of food in the cannister, clean it out or it will blow sour stink out while cleaning your floors. My kids get as much food in their bellies as they spill all over the floor, but I didn't want to pull out the big gun Dyson every time.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
    X