Clyde Ota a little guy who makes a difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clyde Ota a little guy who makes a difference

I know this thread is supposed to be about famous and infamous people. Well, I think Clyde Ota of Maui deserves some attention even though he's not rich and he wasn't really famous until he helped make a difference in the lives of some kids at Lanikila Elementary.

I've probably bought stuff from his newsstand at the OGG Airport at some point or other, so in a very obtuse way, I've helped those kids at Lanikila too.

What Mr. Ota did was prove again that you don't have to be rich or famous to help others. For him, the $6,000 he donated to the students of Lanikila Elementary in gratitude for the time when he was a student there might as well have been $1 million. It's humbling to think that someone who has overcome so many adversities in his life is still willing to give up some of his retirement money so that the kids at Lanikila Elementary can get a few extra things that they would not have been able to otherwise afford.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Clyde Ota a little guy who makes a difference

Good Job Clyde!!!

We definately could use more people like him in this world.

Comment

Re: Clyde Ota a little guy who makes a difference

Mahalo Mr. Clyde Ota from another kid who was rasied in the community! What you did will definitely instill in the children, what books can not put in their minds and hearts!!!!!

Lynn Vasquez
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
      X