Yes, i did.

Tonite:
    capellini pasta with two sauces.
    Salad too, of course.

Two different alfredo sauces.
    and
    one pesto.

Artichoke pesto with pinolas.
    Got the pasta perfect I think. That is the hardest part. pulling it outta the boiling water at just the right moment.
    I don't mix the pesto with the alfredo. it goes on different piles o pasta on the plate, ya know...

then to top it off, fresh grated parmesan all over everything....

oh yum. talk about comfort food.
    Last edited by kimo55; September 24, 2005, 09:52 PM.

Re: make sumpin special for dindin?

I'm looking at a great abundance of basil myself. This sounds wonderful. I'm inspired. I even have a new bag of pinolas!
    As much as I love capellini, or angel hair, I find it difficult to toss it with pesto. Other pasta shapes are easier. Do you glop it on top, or do you toss and serve? If I could figure out a way to toss it and serve it without some bare spots and the occasional globs of pesto (which are quite pleasant to encounter), I would.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I plop it on da top and let my unsuspecting victim meexum up li dat as they see fit.

been doing that for years, since working as a chef in an Italian restaurant, working with those Italian local people. Those natives taught me alot.

BUT... I am now tempted to try it yer way.

Comment

My wife made some wonderfully simple kalua pork and cabbage tonight. (And some garlic choi sum, mostly for my daughter.) It turned out to be an interesting "hybrid" recipe -- since I had recommended steaming, but she boiled it. But it was still good!

Comment

I made a simple Low Sodium Beef with White Stem Cabbage Soup for MAMA and I. Had with with Brown rice. Got to eat healthy. Tasted great. Honest. Used Low sodium shoyu too. Chicken broth, ginger, and garlic, pepper for seasonings.

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

jus da usual teri bbq shortribs and teri bbq chicken so i can make my own plate lunch at home for mah wife and me...
            Reggie aka pinakboy
            Reggie's Kaukau Time! blog
            Raw Eats Veggie Videos
            Recipe Tube TV!
            Deep Fried Recipes TV!

checkem out!!

Comment

we were served... sumpin special... the other nite, treated ourselves to a, well, treat;
              went to the Ihilani, the Hokule'a bar. had ai mama...
              Antipasi; marinated olives, prosciutto, roasted chilled red and green peppers, shaved manchego, cilantro hummus with flatbread.

Then, we enjoyed the crab stuffed jerk shrimp. with mango coulis and fresh chives.
              ok... wetting our respective palates with maitai and robt mondavi cabs, we ended with the Asian barbequed beef skewers which was served atop a small lake of coconut peanut sauce, carambola and toasted sesame. Orally orgasmically fab.
              Amazing. and the layout there at that place is inkwedibow; hammerheads swimming among stingray and starfish, beautiful Hawaiiana murals adorning the wallspace... great place.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                we were served... sumpin special... the other nite, treated ourselves to a, well, treat;
                went to the Ihilani, the Hokule'a bar. had ai mama...
                Antipasi; marinated olives, prosciutto, roasted chilled red and green peppers, shaved manchego, cilantro hummus with flatbread.

Then, we enjoyed the crab stuffed jerk shrimp. with mango coulis and fresh chives.
                ok... wetting our respective palates with maitai and robt mondavi cabs, we ended with the Asian barbequed beef skewers which was served atop a small lake of coconut peanut sauce, carambola and toasted sesame. Orally orgasmically fab.
                Amazing. and the layout there at that place is inkwedibow; hammerheads swimming among stingray and starfish, beautiful Hawaiiana murals adorning the wallspace... great place.
                At the risk of appearing uncouth, how much did this 'ai mama set you back? Because when fruits appear as adjectives addressing nouns in other languages, you KNOW you had to drop serious scrips!

pax

Comment

you calling me a fruit!?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                    you calling me a fruit!?
                    Sheesh! Next you gonna accuse me of calling you one crab stuffed jerk shrimp

I was *only* trying to niele your VISA bill.

pax

Comment

I am crab.
                      I am stuffed.
                      sometimes i jerk.
                      no times am i shrimp.

there. now ya know. in odda words, no niele da kine.
                      Last edited by kimo55; October 11, 2005, 03:55 PM.

Comment

sorry. dupe.

Comment

Working...
                        X