Have you ever walked out of a movie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever walked out of a movie?

Some movies are bad ,but because we paid $8 to see it we endure it. Was there ever a movie so bad you couldn't stay? I remember when "Vanilla Sky" came out with Tom Cruise ,I could handle only about 45 mins before leaving ....this movie was bad!BTW, this is the only movie I have walked out on. Even a year later when it was in DVD... I just couldn't watch it.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Have you ever walked out of a movie?

I saw "Con Air" with my mom. We were just killing time between hair appointments and it was the only movie that fit into our time slot. My mom, who is normally the most agreeable and easygoing moviegoer on the planet, was quite obviously not entertained and began to fidget ten minutes in. I hated it at least as much as she did and asked her if she wanted to go. She was out the door faster than me.

Comment

I walked out of "The Nightmare Before Christmas". Major suckage.

Comment

I walked out of "The Amityville Horror" when I was in high school.

I would have walked out of "The Matrix," but I was watching it on DVD at home, so I just turned it off.

Comment

I walked out of Natural Born Killers. Stupid movie. Absolutely no plot...big waste of time. I don't know why it was getting good reviews. The movie theater people looked at me like I was lolo for asking for my money back. Was junk. Don't even bother renting that one!
          Myra - Hapa Girl
          "Da Teriyaki Burrito"
          www.geocities.com/islandgirlcreations/index.html

Comment

I can't say I've ever walked out of a movie. But man Con Air and The Matrix
            are among my favorite movies ...some people...hmmm
            Check out my blog on Kona issues :
            The Kona Blog

Comment

I almost walked out Pulp Fiction. Other than stepping outside to use the restroom I tend to watch a movie all the way through, even a bad movie might have something good in to watch that may come out later in the movie.

Comment

I think this is a good thread to learn which HT folks share your movie tastes, and which don't. Good to know for reference, when you read their future movie reviews.

I've never walked out of a movie, although once my date did halfway through The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover. Can't say I really blamed her.

Comment

Re: Have you ever walked out of a movie? (slightly off-topic)

I haven't ever walked out of a movie, but I have watched movies that I thought were totally LAME! I'll have to agree with alohabear about "Vanilla Sky." I saw that on cable, though, and couldn't believe what a baaaad movie that was. Ugh! And I actually watched the whole thing.

Other movies that made me go "Ugh!":
                  --Secret Window (with Johnny Depp)...I hated the ending, among other things!
                  --Young Adam (with Ewan McGregor)...and there was no "adam" as far as I could tell, unless someone can enlighten me...
                  --Intolerable Cruelty (a totally appropriate title. Anybody want this? I'll give it to you for FREE!)
                  --Hudson Hawk (My husband said he fell asleep watching it, and he NEVER falls asleep!)
                  --Le Divorce (with Kate Hudson and Naomi Watts...I bought this because it was a 2-fer dvd pack...no wonder!...they probably couldn't sell it alone...)
                  --Uptown Girls (with Brittany Murphy and Dakota Fanning...I don't know what possessed me to buy this, but hubby hated it...and I'm sorry Dakota, you were mean and complained way too much!)
                  Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Originally posted by tiptoetulip
                    Young Adam (with Ewan McGregor)...and there was no "adam" as far as I could tell, unless someone can enlighten me...
                    You can check out this thread over here. However I had to use the restroom during this movie so I missed a few minutes of it.

Comment

How about movies that I wish I had never laid eyes upon?

-8MM (I will *never* forgive Nick Cage for being in that f-ing movie!)
                      -Copycat (saw it back in 1996 and have endured the occasional nightmare ever since)
                      -13 Ghosts (teen gore that had no business making into my kid's hands on the way out of blockbuster)
                      -anything involving Freddy, Jason, dudes in masks with machetes or chainsaws, people buried alive, etc
                      -War of the Worlds (ok the first 3/4 of the movie was mesmerizing, but did I need to see a field of blood?? Or a whacked-out Tim Robbins??!?! )
                      -and I have dreams of screaming "somebody get da bebe OFF THAT WHALE!!!" although I wouldn't catagorize that movie as one that I had wished I'd never seen...talk about crumble in a movie theatre...

pax

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                        You can check out this thread over here. However I had to use the restroom during this movie so I missed a few minutes of it.
                        HAH! Thanks for pointing me to that link. Now I really feel justified in feeling the way I do!! Thanks much, Helen!! It was totally tragic and boring at the same time. Yes, yes indeed.
                        Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

I walked out of "Network News" with Faye Dunnaway back in the late 70s. What a disaster. I also turn off DVDs, or just leave my husband up watching them on his own. I'm a Jersey Girl, but I could not tolerate "Garden State." I guess I'm not artsy enough. I also, forgive me all, cannot handle Woody Allen movies. I also don't go to violent movies. I think we walked out of an "Alien" sequel, but I don't know which. Only saw the first one in its entirety.
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Copycat (saw it back in 1996 and have endured the occasional nightmare ever since)

Comment

Originally posted by tiptoetulip
                              Copycat (saw it back in 1996 and have endured the occasional nightmare ever since)

grrrrrr I really, *really* hatethatfarkingmovie! Rot, Sigorney, rot!!!! (and yet she was so talented in Heartbreakers and Ghostbusters...)

pax

Comment

Working...
                              X