a very long engagement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a very long engagement

been out on dvd for a while but watched it recently and liked it a lot. if you liked audrey tautou from amelie, chances are pretty good that you'll like it and vice versa. it's similarly quirky. i find audrey beautiful and attractive vs hot and a joy to watch.

you can read more about it here:

http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808580388

ps: interestingly, jodie foster plays a small role in this movie.
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: a very long engagement

I like Audrey Tautou as well. Tell you what, Shaveice, I'll watch "a very long engagement" if you watch "the notebook."
    Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

waaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!
      Attached Files
      525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Oh alright! I'm sending you a box of kleenex and some Hershey bars.
        Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Didn't like "A Very Long Engagement" that much. Found myselfy squirming out of boredom for a great deal of the movie; for some reason I couldn't suspend reality for this one when watching it in the theater. Much slower paced film--I prefer "Amelie" and enjoyed it a great deal more than "A Very Long Engagement."

Comment

sorry to hear that. yeah, i can understand your feeling about it cuz it was slow moving. for whatever reason, i didn't feel that way, tho. it caught my interest and kept me interested. i guess i'm moved by the concept of someone who'll do anything to find the love of her life, even if it means being disappointed. not knowing, in this case, was a heavier burden than knowing.

although the ending wasn't quite what i would have created, i could appreciate the author's choice.

Comment

Working...
            X