Do you pay for parking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you pay for parking?

My husband is on a state list which allows him to get "cheap" parking for half of the year when the legislature is not in session. When he has to pay for downtown parking once again, he says he'll have to pay $8 a day. He is on this other state list which will one day give him a parking spot (when someone retires or dies...nah!), but meantime, OUCH!

Where and how much do you pay for parking?
    Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Re: Do you pay for parking?

Hmm. $8 a day, downtown, sounds about right to me. It'd be heaps more if you went hourly. Any monthly plans available?

Both my current job and my last job (even when I was a lowly intern) provided parking, a treasured benefit that is, at times, one of the biggest incentives to remain loyal.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
      Hmm. $8 a day, downtown, sounds about right to me. It'd be heaps more if you went hourly. Any monthly plans available?
      Yes, it would be more if it were hourly. I can't even think about what it would be. No monthly plans, as far as I know. Thank goodness for the half year he DOES have parking (I think it's like $50 a month). When that $8 a day starts again, I guess I'll have to make sure he takes home lunch!

Comment

If your hubby is willing to walk a bit I think there are a couple of $6/day lots in Kakaako. They're both in the vicinity of South St./Halekauwila/Pohukaina/Keawe.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
          If your hubby is willing to walk a bit I think there are a couple of $6/day lots in Kakaako. They're both in the vicinity of South St./Halekauwila/Pohukaina/Keawe.
          Oooh, probably not. He works on Richards St., next to the Capitol. Lessee, if he left home at 5:00 in the morning...

Comment

Originally posted by tiptoetulip
            Oooh, probably not. He works on Richards St., next to the Capitol. Lessee, if he left home at 5:00 in the morning...
            Hmmm...
            Ewa on Halekauwila to Richards...
            Mauka on Richards to the Capitol area...
            Should be less than 10 min...unless there's a hurricane, then all bets are off! Hurricane party at my office on South St.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
              Hmmm...
              Ewa on Halekauwila to Richards...
              Mauka on Richards to the Capitol area...
              Should be less than 10 min...unless there's a hurricane, then all bets are off! Hurricane party at my office on South St.
              I'll let him know, tutusue! Thanks for the directions.

Comment

Along the lines of this thread - does anyone know what the hourly parking rate is for the municipal lots downtown? I got a nasty surprise when I parked at one for less than two hours and had a $7.50 bill which I had to scramble to pay by digging out coins! I'm headed back to town tomorrow and want to be prepared.

Comment

Working...
                X