joss stone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joss stone

for those of you who like joss stone (nice... voice!), she's gonna get punked this a.m.

friday 2:30 a.m. on mtv

and then she'll be on pbs's soundstage next thursday at 10 pm.
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: joss stone

I love Joss Stone. Very JanisJoplin-ish. Didn't know she was a Brit. Love her voice.

~Lika
    ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

She brought back "Blue-eyed soul"
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

i don't think most of you were up at 2:30 this morning (i'm sure they'll repeat that episode) but i must say that i was SUPER impressed with joss! why? cuz they set her up and she came through like an incredibly humble and caring human being. her stock went through the roof for me.

situation: a boy walks into a store where joss is shopping. he pretends to be lost and asks if he can use her cell phone. joss quickly and without hesitation says sure. he calls his mom and then asks to speak to joss. the "mom" asks her to watch her son while she gets over there to hook up with her son. joss says no problem. the boy later pulls something and a hanging thing crashes into pieces on the floor. the boy then pushes over some vase and it also crashes on the floor and he runs out of the store. joss runs after him but stops by the door since he's gone. the "salesperson" freaks out and says that she'll be fired, etc. and through it all, joss was calm and reassuring and said things like, "things break, there's nothing to worry about"; she took full responsibility for it all and said that she'd pay for it. didn't flinch at all. even when the "mom" came and freaked. joss was totally in control and calm and reassuring. wow! what a heart! i'm totally impressed.
        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice
          ... they set her up and she came through like an incredibly humble and caring human being. her stock went through the roof for me.

...joss was totally in control and calm and reassuring. wow! what a heart! i'm totally impressed.
          That episode totally impressed me as well. It was so horrible, all the things happening to her, but she just took it in stride.

I don't have any albums or downloads of her songs, but I do love her voice. She has that sound, and grace, of an old soul.
          Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

Originally posted by tiptoetulip
            [...] I don't have any albums or downloads of her songs, but I do love her voice. She has that sound, and grace, of an old soul.
            That's exactly how I feel...Joss is an old soul. And whatta voice. She is to music what Michelle Wie is to golf. Joss has grace, charm and talent way beyond her years. And, did I mention...whatta voice?! She holds a prominent play on my iPod!

Comment

when i wrote those comments above, i was blazing cuz i had like 5 minutes to write those comments, change, take the elevator down and then meet my friend who was picking me up to watch serenity. i guess i got my basic message across but i have to say (again) how impressed i was with her grace under pressure. she never once said something like, "hey man, it's not my fault" or "back off". if i didn't know any better, i'd say it was a big pr stunt because she came through smelling like a rose! like you said, she seems mature way beyond her years. while everyone was freaking, she was reassuring everyone that everything would be all right! and her comment to the saleswoman about it not being a big deal that things break tells me she knows where her priorities are (people vs things). and remember when the boy asked her if he could use her phone? she didn't show the slightest sign of being bothered. and when the "mom" asked who she was speaking to, joss didn't say anything like, "this is joss stone, the famous singer"; instead, she just said "joss".

yup, i totally agree. a great soulful voice. did you see her on that divas show? the one with gladys knight? great songs and great voice. she sang barefooted in that one and i thought it was interesting that in the punked episode, she was shopping in bare feet again.

i hope she'll be able to avoid the many pitfalls in the music industry and have a long, successful career.

Comment

[...]
                yup, i totally agree. a great soulful voice. did you see her on that divas show? the one with gladys knight? great songs and great voice. she sang barefooted in that one and i thought it was interesting that in the punked episode, she was shopping in bare feet again.

i hope she'll be able to avoid the many pitfalls in the music industry and have a long, successful career.
                I didn't see her on the divas show but I did see her for the first time singing a tribute to Janis Joplin duet with Melissa Etheridge. I think that was the Grammys. Was one of the most exciting duets I've ever seen and heard. By the third note I was on my feet! I was so impressed with Etheridge's resiliancy on her first come-back gig after chemo then...enter Joss Stone who all but stole the show.

Joss also sang barefoot on the Today Show. I love that about her and hope she continues to express herself in such a real and honest way.

I, too, worry about those gawd awful pitfalls. I've watched it happen too many times. She just seems so well grounded. I hope she continues to surround herself with like minds.

Comment

thanks for the info. lucky you! i missed that duet. to make matters worse, i like melissa, too! i'll keep an eye out for that program. with any luck, it may air again someday...

Comment

Joss is currently singing with Mavis Staples on PBS Hawaii. Unbelievable. I hope some of you see/saw it. Incredible! Terrific! WOW!!!

Comment

yup, pretty good performance! luv her voice.

http://www.pbs.org/wttw/soundstage/jstone/featured.htm

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...s=dvd&n=507846

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...36169?v=glance

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=music

Comment

sorry, this is late but at 11 pm tonight (right now), joss stone's in concert on pbs.... (it's a repeat; aired first in 2005)
                        Last edited by shaveice; June 10, 2006, 11:03 PM.

Comment

sorry, this is late but at 11 pm tonight (right now), joss stone's in concert on pbs.... (it's a repeat; aired first in 2005)
                          Shoots, missed it last night but I did see it last year. Would love to tape it, tho'. Joss has her 'Super Duper Love' music video on iTunes. Love, love, love her voice. And, what is she now...barely 18?

Comment

"Right to be Wrong" is one of my favorites. I. JUST. LOVE. THAT. SONG.
                            Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                            We're not here to mess around
                            Boston, you know we love you madly
                            Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                            Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                            You know we couldn't live without you
                            Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                              I didn't see her on the divas show but I did see her for the first time singing a tribute to Janis Joplin duet with Melissa Etheridge. I think that was the Grammys. Was one of the most exciting duets I've ever seen and heard. By the third note I was on my feet! I was so impressed with Etheridge's resiliancy on her first come-back gig after chemo then...enter Joss Stone who all but stole the show.[...]
                              I should be working but I'm on a YouTube roll tonight. Here's the performance referenced above. Chicken skin.

Comment

Working...
                              X