Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you keep various packages closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you keep various packages closed?

Ranging from chip bags and nori packages to cereal bags and more items, how do you keep them closed?

At my house, we use clothes pins, although they're not the perfect way of keeping the food fresh in the bag.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: How do you keep various packages closed?

I, too, use clothes pins or, for small packages, paper clips. I also have an old Deni food saver, a forebearer of the current Tilia food saver. It's one of those vacuum sealer thingamajiggies. I love it and will eventually buy the Tilia.

Comment

Clothespins sound good to me. Multitaskers!

We used to have all these yellow "Chip Clip" things of differing sizes, but we've slowly migrated to using sealed containers of differing sizes instead. Tupperware, Sterillite, Gladware, and the like. Can't stand stale chips or cereal, dammit!

I have a bit of an obsessive streak when it comes to this kind of stuff, apparently. By the time I'm 60, I suspect everything I own will be in an airtight box of some kind!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
        [...] I have a bit of an obsessive streak when it comes to this kind of stuff, apparently. By the time I'm 60, I suspect everything I own will be in an airtight box of some kind!
        Ooooh...I think you might love the vacuum sealer! I use it for anything that can go stale...esp. since I split my time between town and country. I vacuum seal the original bag of chips, cereal, whatever. The next time I use it (which could be weeks later) I cut off just enough to open the package...indulge...reseal! But, it's gotta be the vacuum kine thingie...suck all that air out!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
          Clothespins sound good to me. Multitaskers!
          I'm another who uses clothespins in addition to those chip clips.

What's funny is, last semester when I was teaching kindergarten down Waianae, one of my students was using a chip clip to hold up her hair! Now that's multitasking!
          Fukujinzuke! I've got myself in a pickle!

Comment

"How do you keep various packages closed?'

my immediate reaction to this is; wear jock strap and keep zipper up.

Comment

Clothespins, other clips, hair clasps, even rubber bands if that is all I can get. I have even scotch taped open packages shut.

Baggies of all kinds. Dump the whole package into a large zip lock plastic bag.

Plastic containers of every variety.

Comment

Originally posted by TurquoiseDuck
                Clothespins, other clips, hair clasps, even rubber bands if that is all I can get. I have even scotch taped open packages shut.

Baggies of all kinds. Dump the whole package into a large zip lock plastic bag.

Plastic containers of every variety.
                That's right. Anything that sticks or clamps. Doesn't have to be pretty. Just functional.
                ~'Ailina

Comment

Working...
                X