Dogtown and the Z-boys/Lords of Dogtown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dogtown and the Z-boys/Lords of Dogtown

Just got the DVD Dogtown and the Z-boys /Lords of Dogtown set. I found it a amazing blast to the past reliving the sport of my youth. It was great to see how these young innovators of skateboarding made it thier own just by having fun. The nonfiction Dogtown and the Z-boys is the better of the two DVDs because it was REAL. Through interviews and old videos,photos and Sean Penn's narrative I got a feeling of what it was like in the late 70's SoCal surf-punk world. It was also nice to see old video of Hawaiian surf legend, Larry Bertleman ,a big influence on the Z-boy's style.

The Lords of Dogtown is full of skateboard action and sex ...drugs... and Rock n' Roll. More than a movie just for skate fans.

It was also interesting to see that some of the Z-boys make Hawaii thier home so there is sort of a local connection to these films.

Just a note... I brought the Two DVD set at Walmart for $20. They were also selling both DVDs single for $20 a piece ....so the set is the better deal
    Last edited by alohabear; October 3, 2005, 06:09 AM.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Dogtown and the Z-boys/Lords of Dogtown

I hated when they continued reciting that idiotic phrase:
    "this is our time, BROZE!"

Comment

Working...
    X