PDA

View Full Version : Got gum?

zztype
October 5th, 2005, 09:44 AM
Here's a nice forum to discuss gum!

Juicy Fruit is good. I really like Dubbl-Bubble. Bazooka is great for baseball games.

I love blowing bubbles then sucking them back into my mouth and chewing them some more. I love the little *pop* they make when you blow a small bubble, then pull it back into your mouth and crunch it some more.

Yeah! And I like Chiclets, the spearmint ones, especially! I'm not that fond of the cinnamon gum, but some gum is better than no gum at all.

Oh, and anonymous gum is the kind scraped from under the bleachers at the ballpark. No lie, you went eat um, no?!

Do you like gum? :D

1stwahine
October 5th, 2005, 09:56 AM
I prefer Dentyne...for obvious reasons! :eek: :p

Auntie Lynn

alohabear
October 5th, 2005, 10:04 AM
Grape -FlavoredBubbleyumm / ;) Kanebo

kimo55
October 5th, 2005, 10:07 AM
my favorite gun is a Taurus 9mm semi automatic.

Albert
October 5th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Back in the days when I did chew gum, Dentyne was definitely my favorite.

Pomai
October 5th, 2005, 10:16 AM
my favorite gun is a Taurus 9mm semi automatic.:eek:

I like that Japanese brand. Forget the name. It comes in a box, each piece individually wrapped in a red label with a cartoon character on it. Has this kind of "weird in a good way" chemical strawberry flavor. :p

Used to chew CASES of the stuff in little league. Good thing I had regular dental check-ups! :D

sinjin
October 5th, 2005, 10:39 AM
Gum chewing is a nasty habit and besides it would cut into my smoking time.

kimo55
October 5th, 2005, 10:48 AM
I love smoking. I hate how breathing time cuts into my smoking time.

lurkah
October 5th, 2005, 12:28 PM
I used to love chewing Juicy Fruit gum! :) Until I bit my tongue. http://allthingshawaiian.com/lurkah/smileys/smileyyuck.gif

EastCoastTropics
October 5th, 2005, 12:35 PM
I don't chew gum very often but when I do, I chew Trident gum! :D

zztype
October 5th, 2005, 12:41 PM
Shucks! Missed that one... that and the Kanebo and the cute chemical strawberry Japanese one. And I forgot Fleer!

And how about that plastic-hard stick that comes in a pack of Topps or Fleer baseball cards? Have you ever tried to chew that stuff? Interesting.

Anybody ever step on used gum? Yuck. I hate that. Nothing like anonymous gum stuck on the ground and you stepping on it with a rubba slippa. Then the stringy strands flick up and over the side of your slippa, get all over your feet, too. Yuck.

pzarquon
October 5th, 2005, 01:05 PM
What, no Big Red? :p Guess I'll go with Wrigley Spearmint.

I'm not really a gum chewer, but for some reason, I've developed the habit of popping a couple of pieces of some kind of cinnamon-esque gum (currently Dentyne from Costco!) for the long drive from town to Mililani. Helps keep me focused, and helps tame the growling stomach!

zztype
October 5th, 2005, 01:10 PM
??? The announcer on the David Letterman Show? You're a fan??? I understand he has LOTS of "fans."
What, no Big Red? :p
Ohhhhh....you mean gum. OK. :D

zztype
October 5th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Big Red Here: The Alan Kalter Project (http://www.stormpages.com/kentymac/bigred/)

http://www.stormpages.com/kentymac/bigred/images/spinning_head.gif (http://www.stormpages.com/kentymac/bigred/)

:D

tiptoetulip
October 5th, 2005, 05:24 PM
I enjoy gum once in a great while, but I don't chew it regularly. Long ago I used to like Blueberry gum from Japan.

AbsolutChaos
October 5th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Where's the cinnamon Big Red? Or the Cinnaburst?

Modification: sorry--guess I just read the poll choices and automatically reacted without reading everybody else's comments. See how emotional I get when my gum gets left out? ;) I'll try to get over it now...sob...but it will be difficult...I feel so abandoned...I'll go find my Big Red gum now...sniff...

zztype
October 5th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Ohhh, sorry. I wish I could modify the poll to add more gum, but cannot. :( So solly... but we did reference "Big Red" a couple of posts back... try look! :)

GypsyLika
October 5th, 2005, 06:38 PM
I like bubble gum, as long as can make bubbles its good.

Wow old school, Johnny Berand's pic-cha. Excuse me, HANDSOME Johnny Berand. Who's yo'tag team paht-nah? :D

1stwahine
October 5th, 2005, 07:26 PM
I like bubble gum, as long as can make bubbles its good.

Wow old school, Johnny Berand's pic-cha. Excuse me, HANDSOME Johnny Berand. Who's yo'tag team paht-nah? :D

Auntie Pupule from MWH/Chinatown of course!!!hahahahahahahahaha! :D :p

zztype
October 5th, 2005, 07:39 PM
AIYAH! :eek:
Auntie Pupule from MWH/Chinatown of course!!!hahahahahahahahaha! :D :pLOL!!

helen
October 5th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Other gum not on the poll would include Trident and another brand I can't remember but it is found in the dental section of Longs Drugs.

kimo55
October 6th, 2005, 07:03 AM
my favorite gums is the one that holds my teeth in place.
Oh! Darn! another "misplaced or off-topic post for this thread"
(can't decide which, either)
ah well, gimme anodda cinnamon chiclet!

zztype
October 6th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Eh, dats da one you went vote for??
my favorite gums is the one that holds my teeth in place.
Oh! Darn! another "misplaced or off-topic post for this thread"
(can't decide which, either)
ah well, gimme anodda cinnamon chiclet!

lavagal
October 6th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Never chewed it. Wasn't allowed to when I was growing up. Now I have a difficult time respecting people who talk with gum in their mouths. It's a bit distracting. Also, I don't understand what people do with gum when they are through with it. Isn't it on the Mall in Washington DC where someone has a full-time job scraping gum from the public places? Why stick it under desks, seats, etc? I see no point in gum EXCEPT FOR CHICKLETS ON HT!

AbsolutChaos
October 6th, 2005, 08:04 PM
I see no point in gum EXCEPT FOR CHICKLETS ON HT!

I think there was a small study (don't know how good a study it was) suggesting that chewing sugarless gum increses your saliva enough to help alleviate the symptoms of GERD.

kimo55
October 6th, 2005, 08:31 PM
chewing sugarless gum increses your saliva enough to help alleviate the symptoms of GERD.
thats only when yer chewin yer CUD.

zztype
October 6th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Uh, OK. What's "GERD"??

...GERD.

AbsolutChaos
October 6th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Uh, OK. What's "GERD"??

Sorry. Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, aka heartburn

zztype
October 6th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Ohhhh! You work Queen's, den? Nexium! Purple Pill! I forget the other one, whatevers! OK, tanks for the explanation.--Blaine :)

Sorry. Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, aka heartburn

zztype
October 10th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Oh! Is the purple Japanese gum called "Sen Sen" or something like that?

Pomai
October 11th, 2005, 06:33 PM
Finally had a chance to stop by Marukai and pick up some of that "Weird-in-a-good way" chemical-strawberry flavored Japanese gum.

It's called FUSEN BUBBLE GUM by Marukawa Conf. Co.. A whole box costs about $3.00. I just bought a few pieces to refresh my memory.

Forgot about the water ink tatoo transfers on the inside of the wrapper.

Funny how things never taste the same as an adult as it did small keed time.

zztype
October 11th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the update on Fusen Bubble Gum! Sometimes childhood memories are better than the real thing.

Finally had a chance to stop by Marukai and pick up some of that "Weird-in-a-good way" chemical-strawberry flavored Japanese gum.

It's called FUSEN BUBBLE GUM by Marukawa Conf. Co.. A whole box costs about $3.00. I just bought a few pieces to refresh my memory.

Forgot about the water ink tatoo transfers on the inside of the wrapper.

Funny how things never taste the same as an adult as it did small keed time.

helen
October 11th, 2005, 09:28 PM
another brand I can't remember but it is found in the dental section of Longs Drugs.
Went today at Longs Drugs for something else, decided to buy a pack of this stuff which is Arm & Hammer Dental Care. Sugar Free and contains Baking Soda.

zztype
October 11th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Went today at Longs Drugs for something else, decided to buy a pack of this stuff which is Arm & Hammer Dental Care. Sugar Free and contains Baking Soda.

So how about a "review"? Please post your impressions of Arm & Hammer Dental Care Gum! A star rating would be helpful... you know.. 1-5 stars, waht it tastes like, consistency of the gum, staying power of the taste, bubble potential, etc. Should be interesting!

helen
October 11th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Flavor I tend to choose is Wintergreen, flavor doesn't last that long, I tend to chew two peices at a time, not meant to blow bubbles, initially crunchy but gets soft in about 15 to 20 seconds.