Who's overweight here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's overweight here?

There's a poll to keep people's voting confidential, but if you want to share, then go ahead.

I, myself, am overweight, being about 200lbs and 5'2, but I can walk pretty fast and if I need to, then I can run pretty far. When I was in the Explorers, everyone looked up to me and kept trying their hardest and go beyond their limits (I wonder how they're doing now?) and that pushed me to try harder to lose weight. I've been overweight since I can remember, but I guess its because I was born premature, and my body wanted to get out of the hospital by gaining fat and making me look normal.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Who's overweight here?

I am now, but was very active and fit as a child till about late my twenties. I am appalled at the obese children I see now, it is so sad. And when I think back, there was only one fat kid in our gym class, thin was the norm in the 60's.

Also, I see a lot of obese people now on those scooter/wheelchair thingies. I think it's a type of enabling. IMHO

Comment

Yikes, ME! As each decade has clicked off, I've added to my middle. It's not for lack of exercise. I think it's genetics at work. I am looking more and more and more like my dad as the years click by.
      Blaine
      Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Raising my hand ~ GUILTY ~ I'm part of the statistic of overweight Americans. That Body Mass Index (BMI) tells me I'm have too much mass for my body. Hey, but I'm trying to lose.....
        ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

Adrian, when you were over my home today, I asked you, "where do you come up with all your questions?" This has got to be the best and courageous one yet.

Back to the question. I'm guilty! However, I lost weight.

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
            Adrian, when you were over my home today, I asked you, "where do you come up with all your questions?" This has got to be the best and courageous one yet.

Auntie Lynn
            I just need to find the balance between "personal and public questions"

And can an admin add a poll. I've seen to forgotten it.
            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Started gaining weight in the last 5 years, about the same time I started having trouble reading small print.

Maybe I'm eating more stuff to compensate for failing vision? Now there's a theory!

Actually it has a lot to do with reduced activity and continuing to eat as though I were physically active. Just gotta get off my butt and do something.

Comment

me, no. i ain't overweight. I may be underheight, tho.
                at six one, and two sixty, it is possible.

Comment

205 lbs, 5'7" and a certified couch potato. I even make my kids get me the remote control when I'm entrenched in our sectional sofa. Yep I'm the poster child of lazy.

But my good friend Ruth Heidrich who beat her breast cancer thru rigorous exercise and diet found herself in the hospital for several days recovering from a bicycling accident when some car took her out on Diamond Head road one year.

She kept telling me I should get healthy and get on a bike for good health. WELL look who's talking! I'm snug as a bug and safe too lying on my coach while she's out there getting pounded to death in the name of health.

At least with heart disease, once diagnosed it's treatable. Unlike getting whacked by a City Bus which can happen at a moment's notice. One day you're sweating it out on your bike, the next day you're filler material for Honolulu's notorious pot holes.
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

5'7" and 160 lb. The Body Mass Index says I'm just on the borderline of being overweight. Huh? But people tell me I look skinny. What gives?! I don't have any faith in those damned BMI charts any more.

Comment

it's those vertical stripe wifebeater shirts ya wear. yea. that's the ticket
                      Last edited by kimo55; October 7, 2005, 05:15 PM.

Comment

5'10", 165 lbs. I'm not bad now, although I could lose about 10 lbs around my belly without missing them. 20 years ago I was up to 215 lbs, had an attack of gout, was told it was all diet (that's not true; it's as much genetics as food) and went on a 6-week all-fruit-for-lunch binge. Got down to about 175 lbs at that point; I've hovered between 160-170 lbs since. I went down as low as 135 lbs (!) with no medical explanation a few years back; I looked like a wraith.
                        http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

I've become less active since I bought my own computer many years ago... so yes, I am in that rather big group of overweight Americans.
                          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
                            it's those vertical stripe wifebeater shirts ya wear. yea. that's the ticket

"STELLA!" "STELLA!"
                            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
                              "STELLA!" "STELLA!"

A bit too obscure?
                              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                              X