Who smokes here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who smokes here?

Again, there will be a confidential poll, but if you want to speak out, then go right ahead.

Of course, I don't smoke because I'm too young, and I've seen what smoking can do to you.

(atleast I didn't forget the poll)
    Yes
    25.37%
    No
    74.63%
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Who smokes here?

Not anymore, and that is probably the reason that a lot of people who meet me for the first time think that I am the youngest of my three sisters. I am the oldest, but the others still smoke, and oh man, does it ever age you before your time. It does something terrible to the skin as well as the lungs.

Comment

no I do not.
      I am one of the few ay murr icuns that have read the reports and seen da photos and see the damage secondhand smoke causes and know the discomfort it causes everyone else and see the litter caused by it and know i have enuff "vices" that i don't need to shorten my life that way also....
      Last edited by kimo55; October 5, 2005, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I quit about 15 years ago.

Comment

Not me.

My dad, his two best friends and a lot of my relatives all succumbed to emphysema or lung cancer. It's a deadly habit.

Comment

Only when I'm really hot.

Comment

despite the fact that i work in the news, have a mother who surived breast cancer and has a a fistfull of tragic stories of friends who've died from cancer and i know several people currently undergoing chemotherapy, i still smoke like a chimney...

yes, it is a filthy, nervous habit/addiction, but the tobacco conglomerate got their hooks into me at the tender age of 13...and, as the experts insist, it was peer pressure that got me started...

i've never even tried to quit, even when my own mother was bed-ridden after her bout with cancer...i get cranky when i want to smoke and don't have one, and have on many occaisions i've debased myself by foraging my own ashtrays for remnants...i smoke when i'm nervous, relaxed, after a meal, when i'm drinking and all points in between...i've considered hypno-therapy, but i'm too cynical to waste my time with psycho-juju modalities that may have proved effective for some but lack empirical evidence that it actually works with demonstrable consistency...

i remain a vigilant advocate of smoker rights, having played in major cities with anti-smoking laws and huddled in brutally cold weather with other smokers to grab a puff like refugees from a populist autocracy...i hate it when i'm in a smoker-friendly bar and some sanctimonious creep vibes me when i light up...go to TGIF, carrie nation...

smoking is bad for you, yes, but with all of the research going into the evils of tobacco, why can't someone figure out and market a way to quit cold turkey? i'd spend a year's worth of marlboro mediums for that product...
              Don't be mean,
              try to help.

Comment

Are we talking about tobacco?
                Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                Flickr

Comment

I never smoked a day in my life and never will. To me smoking is a huge waste of money, not to mention all of the bad things it does to your health.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
                    the tobacco conglomerate got their hooks into me at the tender age of 13.
                    the experts insist, it was peer pressure that got me started.
                    why can't someone figure out and market a way to quit cold turkey?
                    Yes. Damn those conglomerates, experts, peers, and inventors with no cold turkey remedy! It IS their fault!

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
                      with all of the research going into the evils of tobacco, why can't someone figure out and market a way to quit cold turkey? i'd spend a year's worth of marlboro mediums for that product...
                      Well, a company that sells a cure makes only one sale to you. The company that sells cigarettes probably gets your money for the rest of your life.

There's money to be made in a miracle cure, sure, but there's more money in addiction. And... well, that's the nature of addiction, isn't it? It's chemical, but psychological, too.

I've never smoked, and never will... in part because I always suspected I'd be very susceptible to getting hooked. There's just something terrifying about being in a position to want something so badly, even when you know it's going to kill you some day.

I imagine at least with harder drugs, rational thinking about consequences are conveniently blurred and numbed!

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                        Only when I'm really hot.
                        I am scared of you.
                        ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

I use to. Sometimes I want to. I know I shouldn't. So I don't. I was thinking of asking my doctor for some medical marijuana but nah ~ maybe wen I'm really in pain.
                          ~Lika

\\000// Malama Pono \\000//

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                            Well, a company that sells a cure makes only one sale to you.
                            and a company that sells a semi cure while promising grand results, (as many do) sells often to the, um... suckah.

Comment

Do you smoke after sex? I don't know? Never checked!
                              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                              Flickr

Comment

Working...
                              X