Facing Future Hits Platinum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facing Future Hits Platinum

It's just too bad Bruddah Iz didn't live long enough to see this momentous event. Iz is the first Hawaiian musician to ever achieve the distinction.

"...Late singer-songwriter Israel Kamakawiwo'ole's 1993 album "Facing Future" has become the first Hawaiian music album to sell a million units in the United States.

The album, which features Kamakawiwo'ole's medley of "Somewhere Over The Rainbow/What A Wonderful World," was certified platinum this week by the Recording Industry Association of America, according to its Honolulu-based label, The Mountain Apple Company/Big Boy Records. Platinum awards go to albums that have sold a million or more copies nationally...."

I bet somewhere over the rainbow, Bruddah Iz is laughing about all this attention. I'm glad for his ohana that they are able to benefit from his continued success.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Facing Future Hits Platinum

I'm glad for Iz .... Kind of spooky listening to Iz's Hawaii 78' intro on this CD , about his dad dying of a heart attack.....and warning him. Made me want to go back to this site and remember how much we all miss him.

aloha all ...have a beautiful day
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

Re: Facing Future Hits Platinum

Glad to see that more mainlanders are enjoying our music.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Working...
      X