Trailers.... Is there a law?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trailers.... Is there a law?

The reason for the thread is because while going on my daily walk, it dawn on me how many trailers they are on the roads here in Hilo. Having something to do while walking, I counted. In the course of my two mile trek down Kamehameha Ave., I counted about thirty cars or trucks pulling a trailer. I would say of these thirty, only about three had safety checks and working rear lights and blinkers.
    Is there a law for trailers? Must be if some had safety stickers. I guess it's another law the police ignore .
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Trailers.... Is there a law?

Yeah, there oughta be a law. I went to go see Corpse Bride last week and there were five, maybe six trailers. That's way too many.

Oh, wait. Wrong thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
      Yeah, there oughta be a law. I went to go see Corpse Bride last week and there were five, maybe six trailers. That's way too many.

Oh, wait. Wrong thread.
      lol! funny ....i think they shouldn't put trailers on DVDs I buy
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

Yep, just like cars trailers require annual registration and safety checks. They're supposed to have working turn signals, running and brake lights.

But like obscured license plates and tires that extend way beyond their wheel wells, those are items that aren't closely enforced.

It won't become an issue, either, until some catastrophic failure (due to lack of decent safety checks) ends up killing a family.

Comment

Here's a good guidline on trailer safety and general rules: trailer safety

Once we were towing Jet Skis (Kawasaki 550's) and the trailer hitch popped as we went over a curb. Good thing we had the safety chain as back-up or we would have lost big $$$$$ in damage to our skis, not to mention a possible disaster by quickly approaching oncoming traffic.

About a year ago someone was towing a boat on H-1 freeway near Pearl City. The boat broke loose and SLIPPED OFF THE BACK OF THE TRAILER, skidded on its hull on the tarmac and smashed the car behind. Fortunately no one was seriously injured, but the site was something to see. Try google it. You might find that picture.

I happened to (luckily) be driving in the opposite direction at the time, but I did see the boat sitting on the freeway. I was like, "WTF IS THAT? Are they filming some twisted spoof of Gilligan's Island?"
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
          X