PDA

View Full Version : What's For Dinner - Chapter 1

Pages : [1] 2

Pomai
October 12th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Tell us what's on the menu for dinner tonight!

Here's some items to consider:
Where's it at: Home? Dining out? Birthday or special occasion?
Did you prepare it? If so, want to share a special recipe?
How did it taste? Give a rating!
If dining out, how's the quality of food, value and service?
After dinner, are you gonna' have dessert or late night snack?
Got a picture of the food? Share!
Got food to share? Share!

Pomai
October 12th, 2005, 06:46 PM
Staying home tonight. My usual work week "eat-to-live" bowl of ready-to-eat S&S Saimin from "Cosco's". Always satisfies. Maybe a Melona bar later.

kimo55
October 12th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Philly cheese steak sammitch! and beeg kine fries wit da skeens still steh on top. and den rock n roll beer. i mean rolling rok. and a shot o' to kill ya.

ho da oh no!

she had cheeze boyguh and fries and merlot.
at chili's. Rob our bartender was shhhhaaakkkaaaah.
taaanx, brah!

1stwahine
October 12th, 2005, 07:04 PM
I made chop steak (sliced maui onions,celery,red bell peppers, 1 piece crushed ginger, 1 piece crushed garlic) with oyster sauce.

Slice beef (1 piece steak), pour 2-3 tbls. oil into wok.

Add sliced beef (sliced thin)

pepper, garlic powder to your liking. don't over kill!

Add 1 tbls. oyster sauce

Add vegetables, stir fry, add dash of shoyu

All pau when vegetables are done yet still crisp!

Onolicious!

Served with hot steamy rice or as PUPU! :D

Auntie Lynn

mel
October 12th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Stay home as usual, had chicken, rice and a tomatoe. Ate during the 7 o clock hour before "Lost" came on TV.

tutusue
October 12th, 2005, 09:40 PM
5 thumbs down dining in the office. Not dining, actually. Rather, snacking. Some cut up fresh fruit from the Costco deli. A meat stick from the Costco snack aisle. And now there's a greasy trackball attached to my 'puter. Oh well..."You wanted to be in show biz." as my dad used to say whenever I whined about the hours. :(

lavagal
October 12th, 2005, 09:56 PM
5 thumbs down dining in the office. Not dining, actually. Rather, snacking. Some cut up fresh fruit from the Costco deli. A meat stick from the Costco snack aisle. And now there's a greasy trackball attached to my 'puter. Oh well..."You wanted to be in show biz." as my dad used to say whenever I whined about the hours. :(

Call me anal, Tutusue, but when I eat at my computers, I usually cover the mouse with a napkin, paper towel, or BETTER YET a keiki butt wiper. We always have diaper wipes around for all purpose uses, and covering the computer mouse is one of them. When you're done you can wipe down the keyboard and the desk with it.

tutusue
October 12th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Call me anal, Tutusue, but when I eat at my computers, I usually cover the mouse with a napkin, paper towel, or BETTER YET a keiki butt wiper. We always have diaper wipes around for all purpose uses, and covering the computer mouse is one of them. When you're done you can wipe down the keyboard and the desk with it.
Just call me lazy, Lavagal! When all of my cylinders and pistons are operating in rested mode, yah, I pretty much do the same thing. But right now I'm just tryin' to get enough energy to walk from the computer to the bed...do not pass Go, do not collect $200. I have containers of those Clorox wipes thingies stored all over the place. Unfortunately, tonight, the closest container is further away than the bed!

A bit of a departure from dinner, but has anyone else discovered the fairly new Mr. Clean Magic Erasers? They're great for computers...esp. white iBooks! I cut one in fourths and keep one piece by each computer.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled dinner menu expose!

Pomai
October 13th, 2005, 06:49 PM
She: Flame-Grilled Lemon Pepper Ahi Fillet with rice and tossed salad. Punch.
Me: Swiss 'N Shroom Burger, fully loaded. Side 'o curly fries. Non-diet Cola.
Shack Hawaii Kai. Food, service and waterfront ambiance always a winner.

tutusue
October 13th, 2005, 07:12 PM
A 'self assembled' tv dinner consisting of frozen Costco meatballs and frozen mixed veggies. Nuke, add some bbq sauce. Works for the office!

Linkmeister
October 13th, 2005, 07:40 PM
Safeway brand "Southwestern Quesadilla" from the frozen section. Added some leftover Doritos from last week's homemade taco salad.

For once I got it out of the container mostly intact, so it looked like the picture on the cover of the box. ;)

lavagal
October 13th, 2005, 09:21 PM
Grilled sirloin steaks in the back yard, homemade steak fries. Kid 1 ate spuds. Kid 2 ate steak. Both wanted dessert. Mean Momma said "NO!"

jdub
October 13th, 2005, 09:53 PM
bachelo-rama: 7-11 chicken sambo, loaded with squeeze cheese, mayo and extra pickles and jalepenos...3 shoyu-soaked pork hash...my last budweiser, and, maybe now, a glass of my sleeping roomie's smoking loon california syrah...

lavagal
October 13th, 2005, 10:24 PM
bachelo-rama: 7-11 chicken sambo, loaded with squeeze cheese, mayo and extra pickles and jalepenos...3 shoyu-soaked pork hash...my last budweiser, and, maybe now, a glass of my sleeping roomie's smoking loon california syrah...

Man, how DO you maintain your girlish figgah?

jdub
October 13th, 2005, 11:05 PM
Man, how DO you maintain your girlish figgah?

plenny walking and biking and a lot of healthy sammiches (7-11 crap-slaps notwithstanding)...

1stwahine
October 14th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Baked Kalbi Short-ribs and BBQ Chicken, Kernal Corn with Butter, Kim Chee, Iced Tea. and Hot Steam Rice. :D

Auntie Lynn

Lei K
October 14th, 2005, 05:43 PM
2 slices of diced tomato, black olive, and extra cheese pan pizza with a huge bottle of water.

Pomai
October 14th, 2005, 07:14 PM
Clam Dip with Ruffles Chips. It's Friday, so wash down with one of them cold green things.

Aunty Nalani's Ono Clam Dip
2 eight oz. blocks Philadelphia cream cheese - softened at room temperature
1 tspn. Worcestershire Sauce (adjust to your taste)
1 tspn. Lemon Juice (adjust to your taste)
1 can minced clams - drained and save brine (add more if you like it really clammy)
1/3 cup cream (don't substitute with milk, it doesn't taste as good)
Fresh Cracked Black Pepper

Use an electric cake beater/mixer and combine cream cheese, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and cream until fully combined and smooth. Slowly add clam brine until a smooth dip-like consistency is achieved. Fold in minced clams with a spoon until fully incorporated. Season with cracked black pepper. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Enjoy!

This dip is delicious with Ruffles regular Potato Chips (gotta be Ruffles!), Pretzels and those new Pita Chips from "Cosco's".

Lalalinder
October 14th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Tonight, dinner at home with husband:

Slices of ham, fried
Red potatoes, steamed
Caesar salad
Ben & Jerry's ice cream

Kid at the roller rink every Friday night:

eating God only knows what

Linkmeister
October 15th, 2005, 07:59 AM
Clam Dip with Ruffles Chips. It's Friday, so wash down with one of them cold green things.

Aunty Nalani's Ono Clam Dip
2 eight oz. blocks Philadelphia cream cheese - softened at room temperature
1 tspn. Worcestershire Sauce (adjust to your taste)
1 tspn. Lemon Juice (adjust to your taste)
1 can minced clams - drained and save brine (add more if you like it really clammy)
1/3 cup cream (don't substitute with milk, it doesn't taste as good)
Fresh Cracked Black Pepper

Use an electric cake beater/mixer and combine cream cheese, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and cream until fully combined and smooth. Slowly add clam brine until a smooth dip-like consistency is achieved. Fold in minced clams with a spoon until fully incorporated. Season with cracked black pepper. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Enjoy!

This dip is delicious with Ruffles regular Potato Chips (gotta be Ruffles!), Pretzels and those new Pita Chips from "Cosco's".

That's a variation on one I use for the Super Bowl party I go to every year. Oddly, people will eat it with Doritos, too. Good stuff!

Pomai
October 15th, 2005, 06:04 PM
That's a variation on one I use for the Super Bowl party I go to every year. Oddly, people will eat it with Doritos, too. Good stuff!

Any flavored chip used with a dip is just overkill for me. But yeah.. that Clam Dip recipe rocks!

Throwing a Bon Voyage pah'tay for my Merchant Marine buddy. Makin' some good ole' backyard Pulehu-style hamburgers with full serve-yourself topping station, including my favorite, da' swiss cheese and butter-sauteed mushrooms! Hot deli-style steak fries on da' side. Choke Poke and Tako fo' pupu. Ehh... Who going stock da' coolah?

kimo55
October 15th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Any flavored chip used with a dip is just overkill for me.

I am happy to scarf flavored chips dipped into two dips with cheese on them too, and washed down with beer, with a beer chaser. Bring on the overkill.

Pomai
October 18th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Yours truly in the kitchen tonight. One of our favorites! Penne with Asparagus and Mushrooms c/o Wolfgang Puck. Simple meal in itself. If you're a pasta lover, you MUST try this recipe*... absolutely delizioso!

Penne Pasta with Asparagus and Mushrooms

Add dry Penne Pasta to boiling salted water and cook until slightly under al dente. Drain and set aside.

In a large saute pan or Wok, add fresh raw asparagus, chopped in 1" sections, sliced fresh white mushrooms (or your favorite variety), minced garlic, fresh chopped thyme and oregano and saute for 1-2 minutes. Then add about 1 cup of canned chicken stock and a dab of butter. Allow stock to reduce to half.

When stock is reduced and asparagus and mushrooms are al dente, add the Penne, turn down heat and gently combine. Finish cooking everything together until Penne is fully cooked. Season with Kosher Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste. Serve with fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano (Parmesan Cheese) and chiffonade of Basil.

A good glass of your favorite cheap wine rounds out this dish to date-plate perfection. ;)

Also works great as an accompaniment to grilled meats and fish.

*Measurements were left out because we don't have it. Yet, this is one of those dishes you can ad lib measurements to your own taste. With Asparagus and Mushrooms, you can't go wrong! You can also substitute the pasta with your own favorite, such as Tortellini or even Linguine. You may also add other ingredients such as onions and carrots, but it's best to keep it simple.

alohabear
October 19th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Yours truly in the kitchen tonight. One of our favorites! Penne with Asparagus and Mushrooms c/o Wolfgang Puck. Simple meal in itself. If you're a pasta lover, you MUST try this recipe*... absolutely delizioso!

Penne Pasta with Asparagus and Mushrooms

Add dry Penne Pasta to boiling salted water and cook until slightly under al dente. Drain and set aside.

In a large saute pan or Wok, add fresh raw asparagus, chopped in 1" sections, sliced fresh white mushrooms (or your favorite variety), minced garlic, fresh chopped thyme and oregano and saute for 1-2 minutes. Then add about 1 cup of canned chicken stock and a dab of butter. Allow stock to reduce to half.

When stock is reduced and asparagus and mushrooms are al dente, add the Penne, turn down heat and gently combine. Finish cooking everything together until Penne is fully cooked. Season with Kosher Salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste. Serve with fresh grated Parmigiano Reggiano (Parmesan Cheese) and chiffonade of Basil.

A good glass of your favorite cheap wine rounds out this dish to date-plate perfection. ;)

Also works great as an accompaniment to grilled meats and fish.

*Measurements were left out because we don't have it. Yet, this is one of those dishes you can ad lib measurements to your own taste. With Asparagus and Mushrooms, you can't go wrong! You can also substitute the pasta with your own favorite, such as Tortellini or even Linguine. You may also add other ingredients such as onions and carrots, but it's best to keep it simple.
sounds ono.... do you recommend white or red wine?

Pomai
October 19th, 2005, 07:56 AM
Re: Penne Pasta with Asparagus and Mushrooms

sounds ono.... do you recommend white or red wine?

Cabernet Sauvignon (red). If we're having wine with a special meal, it's usually that. Merlot (red) works too.

But hey, if you like White Zinfandel or other, go for it!

Of course a Sommelier will say, "Because your dish is earthy yet light, I'd recommend Tannin this and acidity that"... yadda yadda yadda.

Even one of Kimo's custom-made Mai Tai or Bud Light would work. :D

helen
October 19th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Super early dinner of chicken ceaser salad and a bottle of water.

lavagal
October 19th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Re: Penne Pasta with Asparagus and Mushrooms

That sounds delightful. Even a Reisling would go well with it. We do a heckuva lot of pasta around here. After all, it's white and my kids won't eat a rainbow. At least my 4-year-old won't!

1stwahine
October 19th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Chicken rice soup (chook) again. Hot tea (passion orange flavor).

Auntie Lynn

Pomai
October 19th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Chicken rice soup (chook) again.
Auntie Lynn, hope you throw in chopped Choong Choi (salted turnips). Das' da' secret to a good pot of Chook! (a.k.a. Juk or Jook). Plus, no fo'get da' Water Chestnuts.

I'll share my recipe for Jook (Chook) later after Thanksgiving.

Tonight's Sustenance & more Sustenance (S&S Saimin) for me. GF's havin' Chic' Noodle Soup.

Rainy-kinda'-stay-home-evening for us.

lavagal
October 19th, 2005, 06:11 PM
Hope the rain falls here! We've got lots of clouds and it's sooo soupy! I made thin and crispy spinach pizza and margharita pizza from CPK in the Dangerousway freezer case. They were on sale a while back. Kid 2 actually liked the spinach one! Wow.

1stwahine
October 19th, 2005, 06:48 PM
Auntie Lynn, hope you throw in chopped Choong Choi (salted turnips). Das' da' secret to a good pot of Chook! (a.k.a. Juk or Jook). Plus, no fo'get da' Water Chestnuts.

I'll share my recipe for Jook (Chook) later after Thanksgiving.

Tonight's Sustenance & more Sustenance (S&S Saimin) for me. GF's havin' Chic' Noodle Soup.

Rainy-kinda'-stay-home-evening for us.

Nah, Pomai...it was plain as can be. MAMA made me da kine with chicken, ginger root, chinese parsley and green onion. I added a tib bit of shoyu. Still tasted bland -- but better than what I had these past few nights. (flu) I'm looking forward for your's in November's. ;)

tutusue
October 19th, 2005, 07:26 PM
Leftover salad from lunch. Thank Heaven for Room Service in Paradise! And, one glass of very cheap chardonnay. Still in the office...just booted the director out the door...not driving anywhere in this rain! Futon's rock! :D

kupomog
October 20th, 2005, 05:23 PM
Eating Pot roast beef from Spot's (at home because I refuse to leave the house should I miss volleyball for any possible reason...). I love, LOVE, this stuff. This is definitely the best pot roast I've ever eaten (of course I haven't eaten a great deal, but this is certainly my favorite). It's also kind of...the only thing I eat from Spot's at the moment (I'm not very adventurous in what I eat). I don't think I'll be eating any dessert after. If I do, it'll probably just one of those single serving cups of Raisin Bran Crunch (that office commerical got me hooked).

Pomai
October 20th, 2005, 05:57 PM
If you like pot roasts, use the dry Lipton Onion Soup mix. Easy and super ono!

Salt n' pepper the Chuck Roast then brown all sides in the pot (high heat). Sprinkle the Onion Soup mix over the roast, then pour enough chicken stock and some wine to cover about 1/4 up from the bottom of the roast. You can also use a can of cream of mushroom soup for added flavor.

Let da' buggah slow cook in pot on low for about 2-3 hours. In the last half hour of cooking add cuts of potato, celery and carrots. When veggies finish cooking, remove meat and veggies and set on serving platter. Thicken gravy with flour. Serve and enjoy.

Winnah!

Or, just go order 'em again at Spots.

Might go Shack HK tonight. Not sure yet.

helen
October 21st, 2005, 10:46 PM
Super late dinner at Magoo's. Oh yeah had the Magoo's Potpourri pizza with some diet cola of what could be a Pepsi.

1stwahine
October 22nd, 2005, 08:52 PM
My neighbor across of me has a Baby Birthday Party. When they give parties at MWH -- it's a party for the neighborhood! I lent my tent one of many they have up. They sent over a plate of two steaks, four chicken thighs, Samoan Chop Suey (Long Rice, Kernal Corn, Pork, Slices of Onions) and some other BBQ Meats. MAMA and I took four bites and put the rest in the ice box.

We'll get to eat it all eventually. :D

Auntie Lynn

1stwahine
October 23rd, 2005, 06:29 PM
Pig's Feets Soup with Mustard Cabbage and Potatoes

Hot Steam Rice, Kim Chee, and Hot Passion-Orange Tea

Auntie Lynn

lavagal
October 23rd, 2005, 09:17 PM
Would Spots have potroast by 10 a.m. on Monday morning? I'd give it a try as I have to be down there tomorrow. It's on Dillingham, right? Where the old KDEO radio tower still stands?

lavagal
October 23rd, 2005, 09:19 PM
Would Spots have pot roast by 10 a.m. on Monday morning? I'd give it a try as I have to be down there tomorrow. It's on Dillingham, right? Where the old KDEO radio tower still stands?

Surfingfarmboy
October 24th, 2005, 02:01 PM
I'm not sure what I'm going to have for dinner tonight..it's getting late, so I'll probably just snack. But I do know what I'm drinking! A special friend brought me a 1 liter bottle of "Hawaiian Springs" Water from Keeau! It's chilling in the Hotpoint as I type.

Pomai
October 24th, 2005, 06:59 PM
Surfingfarmboy, gotta' save some of that Hawaiian springs H2O for water your pumpkin patch.. might help grow some bambucha's for give da' keiki on Halloween!

Tonight's some left-over Lasagna I made last night. Marinara with Spinach, Basil and Mozarella & Ricotta cheese. No wine this time. Just a glass of cold milk.

Something about Italian food and Milk. Just love it! Perhaps the combination of dairy in the food (cheese) and milk combined just work for me. Weird.

1stwahine
October 24th, 2005, 07:17 PM
We celebrated my daughter's return at Seoul Garden Yakiniku at 1679 Kapiolani Boulevard. Ph. (808) 944-4803

Ordered two Kalbi (BBQ Short-Ribs), one Fried Ika (Squid) with vegetables, Beef Intestines Stew with Tofu, Fried Mundo, House Salad, Fried Battered Vegetables. It came with assorted kim chees and seeweed soup.

Service excellent. Food ***** ;)

My tummy is full. My heart is at ease. :D

Auntie Lynn

Pomai
October 26th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Just drove down Kapahulu this evening. It's been several months since the last time.

Noticed HARPO's is CLOSED! Does anyone know when it closed? Guess the competition from Pizza Hut and Papa J's was too much for them.

Also noticed Dunkin' Donuts in the former Genki Sushi building near Diamond Head Video was closed too.

Ono Hawaiian Food is still goin' strong with a solid line in front tonight.

Genki Sushi (across the street in the former FHB location) was packed as always.

Pyramids Egyptian Cuisine is still open too. One place I haven't been yet that I MUST TRY.

A new place I noticed was - I think it was called - LA BAMBA's Mexican Restaurant on the Diamond Head side of Kapahulu.

Solo tonight so ended up getting a Cold Cut Subway sandwich to go.

1stwahine
October 26th, 2005, 08:36 PM
I made Fried Chicken Wings. Can Pork-n-Beans, Hot Steam Rice, Apple Juice from Japan. :D

Auntie Lynn

kupomog
October 26th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Mini pork adobo plate from Golden Coin. You know, I thought I liked Loulen's more than Golden Coin...but now I think I definitely like Golden Coin's taste and meat pieces more. I dunno what it is. Both are good, Golden Coin is just more tasty for me.

backwoodlessons2
October 27th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Garlic Chicken Bento from Fatboys

backwoodlessons2
October 27th, 2005, 01:44 PM
If you like my Fatboys check out my other thread Fatboys Thread (http://hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=6857)

backwoodlessons2
October 27th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Also noticed Dunkin' Donuts in the former Genki Sushi building near Diamond Head Video was closed too.
[

The Dunkin' Donuts in Kailua has closed too.

1stwahine
October 27th, 2005, 06:20 PM
Mopu Tofu (Spicy), Rice, Cucumber/Tomato Salad with Mayo from Linh's on
N. King Street. $4.50 :D

Auntie Lynn

U'ilani
October 27th, 2005, 07:10 PM
The movie Super Size Me scared me away from McDonalds for the past year. Tonight, though, the kids were sick and I knew Happy Meals would put smiles on their faces, so we did the drive-thru thing. (And since hubby's away on business, I had half a pint of Haagen-Dazs Vanilla Swiss Almond for dinner.)

Pomai
October 27th, 2005, 07:49 PM
For you Coscto shopping BBQ fans out there, there's a new seasoning that looks very interesting.

It's called Hawaiian Seasoning. Well somethin' like that. The ingredients include Hawaiian Salt, sugar, dehydrated ginger, garlic, green onions, paprika and a few other stuff. A large container is $8.99. Slighty higher than the McCormick stuff.

Reason I mention this, is because Lavagal wanted to know about the Montreal Seasoning, which I already explained in the "What's for Lunch" thread". If you're a steak lover, you HAVE to pick up that Montreal Seasoning!

I'm gonna' pick up that Hawaiian Seasoning this weekend and give it a shake on some BBQ Ribeyes. ;)

For dinner tonight? Sustenance & more Sustenance (S&S Saimin).

TurquoiseDuck
October 27th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Lazy here...had a boiled egg and an ice cream bar. Hardly ever eat ice cream.

jdub
October 28th, 2005, 01:30 AM
unreal baked chicken bento from the korean lady's little mini-mart in the lawyers bldg on halekauwila...pure ono, but now i'm hungry again...

i-hungry
October 28th, 2005, 11:15 PM
I wen go eat at Liliha Bakery tonight. I had the breakfast plate wid portugese sausage, eggs and rice. Ono. But how come the jelly is so bright red?

MadAzza
October 29th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Today I'm making coq au vin. Yum.

Miulang
October 29th, 2005, 03:09 PM
Brown rice pilaf, Alaska sockeye salmon grilled with seafood rub, and peas. Babka for dessert. :)

Last night I made chicken papaya. I actually was able to find green papaya in a supermarket up here. Onolicious!

Miulang

1stwahine
October 29th, 2005, 05:25 PM
Spagetti with meatsauce. Neva had enough spagetti noodles, so I improvised with larged egg noodles. :D

A&W Root Beer (drinking soda is habit forming) :eek:

Auntie Lynn

helen
October 29th, 2005, 05:33 PM
BBQ Chicken and Hamburger Steak plate lunch from Mahalo Hawaii BBQ. Also a large cup of Mountain Dew.

TurquoiseDuck
October 29th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Ate the left over pizza from lunch. Papa John's thin crust, sausage and cheese.

Pomai
October 29th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Today I'm making coq au vin. Yum.

Ooh la la.. French cookin'!

Not making this tonight, but here's my recipe for...

CLASSIC FRENCH RACK OF LAMB
Lamb rib racks (Costco or Sam's is the cheapest)
White Wine (of your choice)
Dijon Mustard (Grey Poupon)
Bread Crumbs (Panko works too!)
Fresh Garlic - minced
Fresh Rosemary - chopped
Fresh cracked black pepper and salt
Mint Jelly (this is a MUST!)

Preheat oven on BAKE at 400 degrees.

Combine chopped Rosemary, minced garlic and bread crumbs (or Panko) in a bowl and set aside.

Sprinkle enough white wine on Lamb racks to coat then season well with salt 'n pepper. Sear until browned on all sides. Remove from pan.

Take the browned Lamb racks and coat ONLY the meat portion with Dijon Mustard. Then dip that part in the bread crumb/garlic/rosemary mixture.

Place seared and coated lamb racks on broiler pan and bake until medium rare (approximately 30 minutes). Use a thermometer if necessary.

DON'T OVERCOOK or you'll ruin it. Rack of Lamb should be cooked medium-rare (slightly pink in the middle).

When done, remove from oven and let Lamb Racks sit for about 15 minutes to let juices settle. Then cut along each rib and portion to plate.

Serve with mint jelly and your choice of starch and vegetables.DON'T FORGET THE MINT JELLY... very IMPORTANT!

As an accompaniment, I would recommend Garlic Mashed Potato and Asparagus, along with a small portion of butter-sauteed mushrooms.

Garnish with a sprig of Rosemary and some Mint Leaves.

Definately a RED WINE (such as Cabernet Sauvignon) with this dish. ;)

Leo Lakio
October 30th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Last night, rubber chicken (but a KILLER chocolate-raspberry dessert) at some charity auction at a hotel --- our halau did a brief show there, but at least they fed us, which is a rarity at these shows. (They also auctioned off a lu`au/show by our halau; brought a winning bid of $1250 - they are getting a bargain.)
Yesterday's lunch was better, though - but that's a different thread.

helen
November 20th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Went to Ted Burgers for dinner.

pzarquon
December 2nd, 2005, 01:08 PM
The Hawaii Association of Podcasters (http://www.hawaiipodcasting.com) met at Shokudo (http://www.shokudojapanese.com/) near Ala Moana for dinner last night. My wife and I found a sitter, so it was a rare treat to be out together. A good mix of menu items (http://www.shokudojapanese.com/menu_01a.html), from fancy shmancy to simple comfort foods. Tasty, and well presented.

We had pressed unagi sushi, gyoza, spicy fried chicken (a "seasonal special"), rice and a great bowl of clam miso soup. Since it's 'family style,' we also got to sample our tablemates' unagi rice ishikaya (they mush it up for you if you like), Spicy Tuna Roll and Grilled Yuzu Pepper Chicken, too.

A very neat place - good food and a great ambiance and energy.

Our very own glossyp introduced us to the place. She's even got a coupon (http://www.hawaiidiner.com/specials/special.php?special=75) online for a free soft drink (or half of a domestic beer). Check it out... highly recommended.

Dinner tonight? A simple tuna casserole. I'm looking forward to that, too!

Leo Lakio
December 2nd, 2005, 01:15 PM
Tonight, steaks and all the requisite expensive s--+ that goes with a company holiday party, for the Alpha Female's law firm - Metropolitan Grill in Seattle. Man, do those attorneys like to party hard! And I have to get up in the morning tomorrow to do a radio show...

Pomai
December 3rd, 2005, 08:27 AM
Shokudo (http://www.shokudojapanese.com/) near Ala Moana

Ah yes, next to Pietro's. I was always curious about that place. Thanks for the review. We'll certainly check it out.

A few night's ago, my GF brought me home this delicous Chicken Curry topped over Udon Noodles from a place called Misuzu, just before Long's Moili'ili across the old stadium park.

The texture of the Udon (thick Japanese noodles) with the nice & flavorful Chicken Curry was sugoi oishii desu.

GF had the Oyaku Donburi, which she also said was delicious.

Misuzu is a small hole-in-the-wall Japanese restaurant just after this Japanese church and some other church. There's also a Vietnamese restauraunt near it. It's run by an older Japanese family who speaks little engrish. But the food (and prices) are so good!

Haoleboy
December 5th, 2005, 11:13 AM
What a nice thread. And appropriate too. I was driving home today from school, wondering what's for dinner. The weather today in Virginia is cold and rainy, the kind my wife calls "sinigang-y." So when we talked on the phone briefly, I said I'd stop by the Asian grocer and pick up some items for Filipino soup called sinigang. I make it my way, naturally.

green papaya
yard long string beans (sitaw)
bok choy
pigs' feet
tamarind sinigang powder mix

Serve with rice and you have a meal to warm up to.

Of course my son gave me da eye when saw me thawing the pigs' feet. Kids. Phweh.

Lei K
December 5th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Making homemade beef enchiladas and also some chicken enchiladas with a green chili sauce (lots of cheese of course too). Also some Spanish rice and refried beans. The one thing I've loved about living in Southern California, learning how to cook Mexican food! Or at least Southern California's version of Mexican food.

helen
December 8th, 2005, 06:45 PM
A couple of Tacos and a couple of Buritrios from Taco Bell.

Paul Ogata
December 8th, 2005, 07:33 PM
The wife brought Korean food home from Hibiscus in Aina Haina. Pretty standard stuff: bbq chicken, bbq beef, meat jun. But the there was also something new for me: kim chee soup.

WIFE: "Try it, it's not that hot."

ME: "Uh, but it's all red."

WIFE: "Don't worry, I asked for medium."

As I slurped a spoonful of the soup my nose immediately began running, my eyebrows fell out and my okole trembled in fear for the soup's eventual exit journey.

Turns out when she ordered "medium", they gave her the size "medium." The spicy-ness, I suspect, was "napalm."

RE: Shokudo
Ate there last Friday night. OMfreakingG, you MUST eat the honey toast!! The honey toast dessert is so brok da mout. (Tomato kim chee was good, too. As was the mochi cheese au gratin. But the honey toast... drool.)

tutusue
December 8th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Dang...I knew there was sumthin' I forgot to do! During the 2 hour (6:30-8:30) drive home to Makaha :mad: I kept wondering what I forgot at the office. Nothing, as it turns out. I forgot to think about dinner! Oh well, there's always tomorrow night!

Mokihana
December 8th, 2005, 08:55 PM
I got poi from Uwajimaya in Beaverton! Yee haw!
Also manapua from home, arare, ume, pickled ginger, sushi.

Had a feast!

helen
December 14th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Various stuff from Taco Bell. Washed down by water.

helen
December 28th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Some buritos and nachos from Taco Bell with Baja Blast Mountain Dew. Just when I left a few people came in to sing Christmas songs.

Lei K
January 3rd, 2006, 03:51 PM
Currently making baked macaroni and cheese, fried chicken, corn on the cob and bisquits. Also made a big pitcher full of raspberry iced tea to go with. Ono!

Miulang
January 18th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Tonight I'm making green papaya chicken and brown rice. This is real manong kine comfort food on a cold night. I first had it in K'Kai at Oviedo's.

Miulang

1stwahine
January 18th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Late night dinner. Ordered take-out from Liliha Seafood.

Stuffed Duck, Shrimp Canton and Pork Harm Ha with Ong Choy!

Rice

Hot Tea

Auntie Lynn and MAMA! ;)

Pomai
January 18th, 2006, 09:37 PM
This... (http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=7531)
http://www.96seven44.com/images/oden600.jpg
Oishii. ;)

helen
March 5th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Prime Rib sub sandwich at Quizno's.

Palama Kid
March 9th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Tried taking mom to Ray's Cafe "near Salvation Army" for an early dinner; drove by several times with no luck finding it.

Ended up at King's Inn . . . ancient Chinese restaurant on Gulick and King.

Although I lived at KPT, I never went there. Mom and I had the stir fried veggies with chicken, and the beef with chow fun. Delicious. (Sorry no food porn)

But I noticed that the extensive lunch menu (all items $3.95) included kau yuk with rice !!! Gotta go back to check it out.

Da Rolling Eye
March 9th, 2006, 12:55 PM
Yesterday, we treated Mel to Costco hotdogs and their chicken caesar salad. Tonight, Lipton chicken noodle soup and sammiches. Got the Foodland french bread and deli meats with swiss cheese, gonna slice up some cukes, tomatoes and lettuce. Oughta be nice and light for a change. ;)

But I noticed that the extensive lunch menu (all items $3.95) included kau yuk with rice !!! Gotta go back to check it out.
Just when I said I going keep things light. KAU YUK and RICE! PORK FAT RULES! I bet they get oyster sauce chicken and rice too? I didn't see all that that last time I was there. Gotta go back den. :D

helen
March 12th, 2006, 08:29 PM
BBQ Chicken plate lunch from L&L Drive Inn.

kupomog
March 12th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Spicy premium chicken sandwich from McDonald's. I failed to taste the spice. Same with that spicy chicken sandwich from Jack-in-the-Box, come to think of it.

pzarquon
April 1st, 2006, 07:24 PM
Kilinahe and I celebrated our 12th date-a-versary at Town on Waialae Avenue. We ate many things, but our entrees were crispy moi with white beans, bitter greens, and salsa verde for me, and risotto with mushrooms, baby carrots, and truffle essence for her.

http://static.flickr.com/39/121663189_1db2277a3c_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawaii/121663189/in/photostream) http://static.flickr.com/52/121662602_b0ea200185_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawaii/121662602/in/photostream)

I have to say, it was all delicious, but my favorite dish was probably the appetizer: bruschetta with mushrooms and risotto cheese.

http://static.flickr.com/41/121643451_47eb5249b1_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawaii/121643451/in/photostream)

Thanks to Glossyp for the recommendation!

Da Rolling Eye
April 1st, 2006, 07:58 PM
Tonight, homecooked champuru, Okinawan shoyu pork, cold tofu on the side, ochazuke and ice cold barley tea. Hootah! Wife said I can cook Okinawan food. I also have the pork spare ribs and oxtail soup down pat. :)

Last night we drove all the way to Kaneohe to try the fried chicken from KJ's, who was featured on Cheap Eats. Wouldn't you know it? They were out. Said they were out since 2:30. :( So we ordered their $5.50 New York steak plate. Couldn't beat that price and we even bought an extra. Melanie had their misoyaki butterfish. Steak and fish were both ono. :) Don't bother ordering any plates with chicken katsu or teri beef. Same same like anywhere else, nothing special. Oh, their "mac" salad is made with spaghetti noodles and they add tuna. :rolleyes:

Adri
April 1st, 2006, 08:17 PM
Wow, the pictures make me hungry again. I had bi bim bap for dinner.

eta: Now I have to go to the late night snack thread ;)

helen
April 1st, 2006, 09:01 PM
Korean chicken and teri steak, rice, veggies, diet Pepsi and strawberry pie from Barbeque Inn.

Erika Engle
April 2nd, 2006, 12:57 PM
I've been ono for lumpia ... so that's what was for dinner last night as my "babies" (the twin sons'll be 13 in June) hosted a friend for a sleepover.

I made the entire package of Menlo lumpia wrappers (it says there are about 30, but I didn't count) ... and between the guest, the twins, my daughter and me (eldest son was at work), only had 4 lumpia left. I guess it came out good! :D

Since I fired up the deep fryer last night, I'm trying to figure out something else to deep fry tonight -- before the oil goes rancid.

Maybe some Italian arancino? Do I feel that ambitious? I dunno. I'll be on the foodie Web sites next.

Erika Engle
April 2nd, 2006, 01:11 PM
Two things -

1) I stand corrected -- it's arancine.
2) No, I'm not that ambitious. I didn't realize ya gotta make risotto first.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_24249,00.html

It's got a high user rating, though!

I know. I'll look up Paula Deen's recipes. You KNOW that Savannah girl's got a bunch o' recipes that call for deep fryin'!

Da Rolling Eye
April 2nd, 2006, 01:32 PM
Erika! Fried chicken, of course. Banana lumpia, fried calamari, if the boyz are still over, fried hotdogs. Can make the fas kine andagi, shrimp and vegie tempura, shrimp chips (if you got the shrimp "chips" to fry), fried mundoo, chicken katsu, tonkatsu, chicken fried steak, breaded and fried chicken gizzards, mahi fish sticks, seared ahi, fried ahi or aku bones, make pork hash and fry up some crispy gau gee, get corn bread mix and make hush puppies, fried tofu...........eh, you get reflux, can eat like dis?

Erika Engle
April 2nd, 2006, 04:09 PM
No, I'm not supposed to eat anything deep-fried ... but you know, I was ono for lumpia for WEEKS!

At least I didn't mix sambal into my shoyu for dipping. :D

I must confess some smashed garlic seemed to find its way into the three simple sauces I prepared, and that's supposed to be a no-no as well -- but c'mon, how can a girl live without garlic?

I took out some boneless chicken thighs to defrost, thinking chicken katsu; but after reading all those Southern recipes, I'm thinking a more "haole" preparation. (I'm not Southern, but as previously stated somewhere, FOOD is my favorite).

There''s a zucchini that also may find itself breaded and fried, as long as I've got the time ...

Complicating my food preference today was the resumption of torrential rain. I didn't want to make a store run, so dinner's gotta be made from what I have on hand. Happily, this is within my abilities today and I know the kids are going to love it. Topped with melted cheese - what's not to love? Considering the butter and cheese already in the recipe, I doubt it needs to be served with MORE butter ... but you know Paula!

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_26267,00.html

I'm kitchen-bound, now ... as soon as I cover my popsicle toes with some socks!

Linkmeister
April 2nd, 2006, 04:19 PM
It won't help your menu tonight, but this cookbook (http://lulu.com/ATCT) has some good recipes, and it's for a good cause. And at $15, it's cheap.

Support your worldwide bloggers' egos! :D

(Including mine, since my fried rice recipe is in there.)

1stwahine
April 2nd, 2006, 04:27 PM
Huy! I'm invited to dinner tonight. I don't know where. It's a surprise. I'll let you know about it when I return. heheheh

(Please don't RAIN, Please!) :p

Auntie Lynn

7:49 p.m. My Opu is Full! :eek:

We went to Likelike Resturant.

I ordered Prime Rib, mashed potato, coffee, spinach soup, and toss salad. Ooops! Forgot the roll and butter. For dessert - 1 scoop strawberry ice cream w/ whipped cream.

Great company and interesting conversation. ;)

Da Rolling Eye
April 2nd, 2006, 07:26 PM
Burgers at Mililani Ruby Tuesdays.

helen
April 2nd, 2006, 08:45 PM
Took my sister and her family to the Bull Shed on Kapaa (on account that I missed her birthday last month). I had the prime rib.

Da Rolling Eye
April 3rd, 2006, 07:17 PM
Tonight, as Melanie put it, "Daddy's World Famous Spaghetti" and fresh French bread from Foodland. I mean fresh. Da buggah was still warm when I got it home. Steamed broc with mayo and iced green tea. :)

tutusue
April 3rd, 2006, 07:21 PM
[...] Steamed broc with mayo and iced green tea. :)
Wow! That's a cool combination for a sauce! What's your ratio of green tea to mayo? Inquiring minds wanna know! :p

Da Rolling Eye
April 3rd, 2006, 07:40 PM
Wow! That's a cool combination for a sauce! What's your ratio of green tea to mayo? Inquiring minds wanna know! :p
Ha ha ha........ :p Okayokayokay. It was steamed brocolli with a mayo/shoyu dip and we drank iced green tea. Well, Mel had iced barley tea. :) I'll leave that green tea mayo for some "fusion" chef to work on. :D

tutusue
April 3rd, 2006, 09:10 PM
Ha ha ha........ :p Okayokayokay. It was steamed brocolli with a mayo/shoyu dip and we drank iced green tea. Well, Mel had iced barley tea. :) I'll leave that green tea mayo for some "fusion" chef to work on. :D
I just thought I'd beat Kimo to the punch! ;)

helen
April 4th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Ultimate Cheeseburger with curly fries, egg rolls and a Dr. Pepper from the Jack-in-the-Box on South King Street.

Da Rolling Eye
April 4th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Mel and the wife went to a RAP night at the school and are having Pizza Hut pizza. I be home alone and having "Daddy's World Famous Tuna Salad" on toasted and buttered french bread, open faced. Tuna salad is albacore with mayo, sweet relish, black pepper and lots of diced onion. To drink, Mug diet root beer.

Da Rolling Eye
April 5th, 2006, 05:33 PM
Tonight we're having "Daddy's World Famous Sweet Sour Pork". Going get daikon, pineapple chunks, tomatos and green and yellow bell peppers served ovah steamed rice. Fo drink, get one tea pot full of nice, hot green tea. I going mek ochazuke (tea and rice). ;)

1stwahine
April 5th, 2006, 07:33 PM
Chicken Paria (Bitter Melon Leaves) Soup, hot steam rice, and a can of iced cold Coke-a-Cola! Masarap! :D

Auntie Lynn :p

helen
April 5th, 2006, 08:08 PM
Beef and cheese sandwich from Arby's.

Da Rolling Eye
April 6th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Been working around the house and got too lazy to cook. Took the family to Dot's. Wife and Mel had the prime rib, I had the sizzling hamburger steak with brown gravy and sauteed onions. It'll do. :)

1stwahine
April 6th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Dinner at Todai's with wonderful company and lots of laughter! :D

Auntie Lynn

Palama Kid
April 6th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Soft Gau Gee Mein and Boneless chicken with veggies at Au's Garden.

Miulang
April 8th, 2006, 04:11 PM
A quick and easy version of homemade Brazilian feijoada with chewy brown rice.

Miulang

Da Rolling Eye
April 8th, 2006, 06:25 PM
Daddy's World Famous Shoyu Chicken Wings, with daikon, shiitake mushrooms, tofu and kombu. I had my usual ochazuke with green tea.

newroots
April 9th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Umm... Two Knuckle sandwiches with a side order of a smack on the cheek for disobeying my uncle at his own house.....

i shouldn't be on the internet right now

1stwahine
April 9th, 2006, 05:47 PM
Lots of Kalbi, Fabulous Baked Spaghetti, & Onolicious Garlic Chicken! anybody like come eat? Get plenty! :D

Auntie Lynn

Note: Get Yobo Movie Marathon! Juss bring da Crown Royal - we can go Karaoke afta! :p

helen
April 9th, 2006, 06:55 PM
About to have a Pastrami sandwich from Subway while watching TV.

MadAzza
April 11th, 2006, 11:29 PM
Oh, great. It's 11:25 p.m. and Kimo just served himself up ANOTHER helping of freakin' Bush's Baked Beans with bacon, brown sugar and onions. And he's topped it off with a slice of freakin' cheese. Cheese! And beans! And onions!

I didn't have any, but I'm starting to rethink my strategy.

kimo55
April 11th, 2006, 11:33 PM
Kimo just served himself up ANOTHER helping of Bush's Baked Beans
"Gaining the upper hand in relationships through intimidation." indeed.

is it any wonder i go silent occasionally, gang?

But ya know how it goes: if THEY got the atomic bomb, WE gotta have the atomic bomb...

but, truth be told, da cat has been complaining loudly lately and threatening to run away, tho...

LikaNui
April 12th, 2006, 07:58 AM
is it any wonder i go silent occasionally, gang?As long as you keep eating those beans then yes, it actually is a wonder.
:p

kimo55
April 12th, 2006, 09:41 AM
As long as you keep eating those beans then yes, it actually is a wonder.
:p
oh, yea. But the newly aquired sonic boom fuel is a recent aquisition in defence and rebuttal to what is probably falsly reported by various and sundry, as the CAT'S futs...

MadAzza
April 12th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Eh, Kimo, you shut up!

Lies, all lies!

Damn cat.

LikaNui
April 12th, 2006, 01:09 PM
For Kimo and for the cat, I humbly suggest http://www.beanogas.com/ .

helen
April 22nd, 2006, 07:04 PM
Prime rib sub sandwich and a bottle of Diet Mountain Dew from Quizno's.

helen
April 28th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Roast Beef and Cheese sandwich, curly fries and a Diet Coke from Arby's.

Erika Engle
May 21st, 2006, 04:08 PM
Side Street Inn pork chops.

Recipe in colleague Betty Shimabukuro's new cookbook, "By Request."

The copyright info in the front of the book prohibits me from retyping it here, but you can also retrieve it (free) from the Star-Bulletin Web site.

http://starbulletin.com

Obvious search term: "Side Street Inn"
Less obvious search term: "Side Street Pork Chops"
WAY less obvious search term: "Chotto Matte Kudasai."
(hee hee - a reference to some celebrity-chef karaoke singing.) :D

helen
June 1st, 2006, 07:53 PM
Garlic teri chicken plate lunch and a bottle of water from Spot's Drive Inn.

helen
June 3rd, 2006, 06:35 PM
BBQ chicken and hamburger steak plate lunch from Maholo Drive Inn.

Erika Engle
June 4th, 2006, 11:23 AM
Last night I made deep-fried ricotta balls, from a Mario Batali recipe.
I don't have a digital camera -- so this won't be as visual a read as the anda-dog post. (sigh)

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_18282,00.html

ee notes:

Re, the ingredients:
-I bought the "tub" of Ricotta from Costco (Precious brand, I think)
and drained the needed amount.
-I didn't use real Parm; just the Kraft type
-Since I'd been to Costco, I didn't feel like making another trip to
another store for fresh Italian parsley, so I just substituted dried Basil and Oregano
-I don't know why the recipe calls for sliced garlic. I used crushed.
-1.5 t kosher salt is a might salty, but 1 t didn't seem enough to my
taste; I tasted the mix before adding the egg yolk
-I also used fresh-ground black pepper
-I used Progresso Italian-seasoned bread crumbs

I made the ricotta mixture; and even though I'd had it sitting in a
sieve for awhile prior to starting, it was still too wet to "roll," so
I shook in more Kraft Parm. Of course, REAL parm, finely grated would
have been better ... but it's $10/lb at Costco where the chunks ranged
from $18 to $30.

The mixture was still wet and soft. It was a hot day, so I did
quenelles (I think that's how you spell it, when you take two spoons
to shape an elongated "ball." I used two teaspoons.) I put these onto
a paper-towel-lined baking sheet to dry and put the baking sheet into
the fridge for about 15 minutes. They got nicely dried and firm enough
to roll into a ball shape for the next step.

I coated the ricotta balls in the egg and then the bread crumbs, but
because it says the bread crumbs should be firmly pressed into the
ricotta balls, I then rolled 'em between my hands. I put all on a
baking sheet to wait for cooking.

Even though I'd checked the temp of the hot olive oil, the first batch
burst a little bit, so the rolled, breaded balls, on the baking sheet,
went into the fridge for another 10 - 15 mins., before I tried to
finish frying 'em up. The two waves of fridge-time really helped. The
frying takes SECONDS. Don't try to multitask.

What also helped was having a spider to lower 4 ricotta balls into the
oil at a time, for keeping them moving, and then for removing them
from the oil onto another, paper-towel-lined baking sheet.

I sampled one, then let the three kids who were home try one (as pupu) ... and let's just say they loved 'em!

I served the deep-fried ricotta balls with meatballs in a "foundation"
of marinara sauce ... with some veg and bread on the side. The meatballs were the frozen type you get at Costco.

Time consuming, because of the refrigeration steps and waiting several
minutes for my "instant read" thermometer to measure the oil temp.,
but, it was a DEFINITE keeper meal, for when I have the time and
ingree-da-ments.

glossyp
June 4th, 2006, 11:44 AM
Last night I made deep-fried ricotta balls, from a Mario Batali recipe.
Time consuming, because of the refrigeration steps and waiting several
minutes for my "instant read" thermometer to measure the oil temp.,
but, it was a DEFINITE keeper meal, for when I have the time and
ingree-da-ments.
I'm impressed - that's an ambitious recipe and it sounds like it turned out really well! I agree that the secret to cooking in a hot non-a/c kitchen (like mine) is the refrigerator. I use it all summer long to stash anything that is going to be baked or fried. And, what is up with those "instant read" thermometers anyway???

Erika Engle
June 4th, 2006, 11:54 AM
I'm impressed - that's an ambitious recipe and it sounds like it turned out really well! I agree that the secret to cooking in a hot non-a/c kitchen (like mine) is the refrigerator. I use it all summer long to stash anything that is going to be baked or fried. And, what is up with those "instant read" thermometers anyway???

Thanks, glossyp that's a nice compliment ... and great affirmation.

That "instant-read" thing is a total misnomer when it comes to the one I have. I definitely need a better one. If the recipe hadn't been so specific about the oil temp., I would have simply used my deep fryer. However, with only one setting, ("plugged in"), and no idea how hot it makes the oil, I decided on retaining control, to the degree that I could, on the stovetop. (No pun intended on the "degree" thing.)

They really did come out delicious, in spite of my substitutions.
Deep fried cheese. What's not to like?

helen
June 4th, 2006, 08:18 PM
A couple of burgers from Jack-in-the-Box.

tutusue
June 4th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Whole Foods is going up in the Ward Center area (Queen and Kamakee). Hopefully they'll have a deli...not to mention parking!

helen
June 7th, 2006, 10:50 PM
Salad, slice of pizza, hot dog and water from Costco. Had a Blizzard from Dairy Queen later on.

LocoBoy
June 7th, 2006, 11:26 PM
Chicken & Squash, rice and McDonalds shake for desert :)

helen
June 8th, 2006, 08:06 PM
A couple of cheeseburgers from Cheeseburger Factory at the Ala Moana Food Court.

tutusue
June 8th, 2006, 08:39 PM
Mexican crab salad at the Koko Cafe, Hale Koa Hotel.

helen
June 9th, 2006, 07:35 PM
Prime Rib plate dinner (as opposed to plate lunch) from the Lahaina Chicken Company.

helen
June 10th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Various grilled meats (lamb being one of them as well as beef), poki, beer and coke at a friend's house.

helen
June 11th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Stuff from Taco Bell.

helen
June 13th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Veal marsala, salad, bread, tiramisu and Caffeine Free Diet Coke from Romano's Macaroni Grill at Ala Moana.

helen
June 16th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Poki, sushi and a bottle of water.

Pomai
June 17th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Poki, sushi and a bottle of water.Helen, my goodness. Poki (Poke) and Sushi? That's fresh fish OVERLOAD! Heck, but I'm with ya' all the way on that one. Wasabi o onegaishimasu!

You're doing us proud by abstaining from Mountain Dew. :D

kupomog
June 17th, 2006, 12:45 AM
We ate that chicken bowl from KFC. Had mashed potatoes, popcorn chicken, sweet corn, gravy, and cheese in it. It was really good. Drank Arizona sweet tea.

scrivener
June 17th, 2006, 02:15 AM
Ooh, I'm trying that tomorrow.

Recent dinners:
I've been to Nico's at Pier 38 four times in the last week. It's yummy, not to mention convenient.

Tried Islands Burger at Ala Moana (across Macaroni Grill). It was good, but not great. Overpriced just a little. Decent fries. Good rings, but a bit on the crunchy side for my tastes. I'm sure there's parmesan in the onion-ring breading.

Home-made veggie black-bean soup. I made a whole crock-pot of this and finally finished it off this week!

Falafel plate at the Greek Corner. Good, but not as good as the roasted meat plates; It was a lot more deep-fried food than I was in the mood for that day. The spanokopita was good, but why is that always such an overpriced dish? Greek salad yummy.

Grilled veggie-portobello sandwich, whipped up on my George Foreman Grill (loser size).

helen
June 17th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Whopper Jr and Diet Coke from Burger King.

scrivener
June 17th, 2006, 11:19 PM
I had a grilled chicken-breast sandwich, whipped up on my George Foreman Grill (loser size). Whole-wheat bread, light mayo, alfalfa sprouts, and cheddar. Not exactly heart-healthy. Oh, but I had a nice dunkles to go with it. Beer is heart-healthy, right?

I also finished off a small piece of grilled nairagi that was left over from a couple of nights ago.

Lei Liko
June 17th, 2006, 11:36 PM
NZ Corned Beef Cabbage, Onions, and Rice.

Diet Coke to wash it down.

It's late, but now I'm snacking on some Wasabi Funyons and drinking some Cabernet. It's a yummy combo.

helen
June 18th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Plate lunch from Kelly's Cajun at Daiei.

damontucker
June 18th, 2006, 06:46 PM
who's feeding?

Manoa...slides into the thread...

Um... I'm a meat eater... so Steak and rice might be a possible every few night response...

that will get quite old to you guys...

So I bow out...

But I'm always open to trying someones recipe;)

pzarquon
June 19th, 2006, 06:56 AM
My wife made a reservation for the whole family at Stuart Anderson's in Pearl City. It was as busy and crowded as you'd imagine for Father's Day. The staff was overwhelmed (I ended up retrieving a high chair and various supplies myself) and they were really stretching out their prime rib (ours were so thin I joked they were sandwich cold cuts). But, hey, the salads were cool and crisp, the "brick of fudge" dessert is always a winner, and it was a family occasion, so it was still special.

Next year we'll stay home and I'll make spaghetti.

Da Rolling Eye
June 19th, 2006, 08:19 AM
For Father's Day, I cooked. Rack of lamb, rib and Spencer steaks, 7 lbs. of king crab, sauteed asparagus with sweet bell peppers, broc salad, rice and kimchee. Geez, I cooked too much. Tonight, crab fuyong and fried rice. ;)

helen
June 19th, 2006, 05:17 PM
Pastrami sandwich and a Diet Coke from Subways at Ala Maona.

Right now also sipping a bottle of Orange Gatorade.

glossyp
June 19th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Chicken fajitas to use up the edible remnants of a Costco chicken - then the carcass will be used for stock.

scrivener
June 19th, 2006, 10:04 PM
My electricity went out this evening, so I couldn't play with my grill tonight, as I'd planned. Instead went to Subway for a ham on wheat. Love Subway.

helen
June 20th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Had a craving for cheese sticks, so I went to Arby for that, a couple of sandwiches and a cup of Diet Coke.

helen
June 21st, 2006, 07:46 PM
Salad, pizza and torandoes from Sam's Club. With a bottle of orange Gaterode to wash it down.

helen
June 23rd, 2006, 10:57 PM
Luau at the St. Louis Alumi Clubhouse.

Pomai
June 23rd, 2006, 11:41 PM
Ate "dinner" at the Taste of Honolulu tonight.

Edit: I moved my posting to a thread I see was already started on that.

helen
June 25th, 2006, 10:39 PM
Dinner at Ruth Chris Steakhouse.

SusieMisajon
June 26th, 2006, 05:00 AM
Flu prep pizza...it's the end of the month, so I get creative, and we practice for BF.

One raw pizza dough, covered in canned tomato paste, sprinkled with oregano, basil, and thyme, topped with dehydrated hamburger, onions, peppers, and mushrooms, grated canned cheese, and a can of olives. A splash of spiced olive oil, and baked I5 minutes at 400f....Mmmmm!

I didn't rehydrate the beef and vegetables, I just used a 'soppier' sauce, and let it sit for about ten minutes, before baking. It worked just fine.

Now, if I could just figure out how to can chorizo sausage, like in those big green cans, at Longs...

Moto
June 26th, 2006, 05:42 AM
Had dinner at Shabu Shabu Time last night. They're located across Sam's Club and Walmart in town. There was a big write-up on them on the back page of the Dining Out Section of yesterday's advertiser and we thought we'd give them a try. Food was good and the sauces were great. It's also BYOB, so you can bring in your drinks, too.

helen
June 26th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Plate lunch from U-Choice Drive Inn.

helen
June 27th, 2006, 07:31 PM
Southwest chicken wrap, beef and cheddar sandwich, fries and Diet Coke from Arby's.

scrivener
June 29th, 2006, 10:33 PM
Mmmmm. Finally checked out the Green Door on Pauahi. We had a chicken curry, the spicy jumbo shrimp, an eggplant-tofu veggie stir-fry, two orders of the flatbread, and one order of the coconut rice. My friends and I were all very impressed, and we greatly enjoyed our meals. I was especially taken with the combination of the lightly-flavored, fluffy coconut rice and the chicken curry.

We ate off of styrene plates with plastic utensils. The food was brought to us in halves of styrene take-out plates. We sat on aluminum folding chairs. There were four tables in the place, and we got there first, but by the time we left there were people waiting outside.

I wouldn't try to order any kind of modifications to the orders as they're presented. We had great difficulty communicating with our waitress.

All that? Worth it. The three of us spent about twelve bucks each, including tip. Highly recommended.

SusieMisajon
June 29th, 2006, 10:57 PM
We had feedstore soup. Soaked and boiled feedstore wheat berries, with dehydrated garbanzos, carrots, onions, potatoes, celery, leeks, garlic, and a handful of dried mushrooms, crushed to a powder. Tomato paste and vegetable stock, to simmer. Cornbread to dunk. Milk to drink. And strawberry-banana frozen smoothies for desert.

Erika Engle
June 30th, 2006, 07:09 PM
It is what used to be known as $5 Friday ... but prices have gone up.

Nevertheless, we're having inexpensive Milena's take-n-bake pizza from Safeway tonight ... with a side-salad, if I feel like making one.

It's not Boston's white spino-and-gahlic (among my all-time favorites), but the sausage and pepperoni pizzas will suffice, on my budget (just one pie, even with salad, is not enough for my brood).

Two pizzas for like, $12 with my Safeway club card. I'm okay with that.

1stwahine
June 30th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Afta today's hearty lunch...MAMA & I had Tacos from Jack-In-Da Box! :p

Ice tea foa me and coffee foa her.

Foa dessert ~ Cheese Cake! :D

Auntie Lynn

SusieMisajon
June 30th, 2006, 09:20 PM
A whole chicken, roasted on a bed of smallish onions, rice, and peas. Then we had more chocolate and coconut covered frozen bananas. Milk to drink.

helen
July 2nd, 2006, 08:54 PM
BBQ Chicken from Yummy's BBQ.

SusieMisajon
July 2nd, 2006, 10:13 PM
We had prep lasagna. Dehydrated hamburger, onion, garlic, celery, zucchini, canned mushrooms and spaghetti sauce, all mixed with very liquid tomato sauce, to make an extra-soppy sauce. Then a thin white sauce, made with a touch of mustard and some vegetable broth powder and milk. Then some grated canned cheese and home-made ricotta. All multi-layered with raw lasagna sheets...if you make the sauces a bit more soppy than usual, you don't have to cook the pasta first...just don't let it sit around, uncooked, bake it right after assembling, or it gets all gooey. The top layer was the white sauce, with grated cheese and breadcrumbs on top of that.

As the oven was already on, I did a chocolate cake, too. Mix 1/4 c vinegar, two eggs, a cup of oil, and 2 c water, 2 C sugar, 1/2 t salt, 3 c flour, 2 t baking soda, and 1/2 c of unsweetened cocoa. If you like, you can add a cup of coconut, too. Mix it for about two minutes, and bake at 350-375f for about 40 minutes, or til a toothpick poked into the middle comes out clean. (9x13" pan) Frost with a bar of dark chocolate melted and stirred with a dollop of cream or canned milk. If you are feeling creative, split the cake horizontally and fill with raspberry jam and whipped cream.

1stwahine
July 2nd, 2006, 10:17 PM
Wow! Susie, I gotta admit you have a way in describing FOOD! I'm hungry now! :)

May I have the Chicken recipe too. ;)

Auntie Lynn

helen
July 7th, 2006, 07:27 PM
Ultimate cheeseburger, onion rings, a couple of tacos and a large cup of iced water.

helen
July 10th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Salad, polish sausage and a bottle of water.

helen
July 11th, 2006, 09:21 PM
Pastrami sub sandwich and a bottle of Diet Coke.

helen
July 12th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Salads from Foodland, some turkey, some lettuce, some cheese and a bottle of orange Gatorade while watching a tape of Gigantor.

kupomog
July 12th, 2006, 08:57 PM
Cheeseburger and fries from Dillingham Cafe. Just learned that burger/steak/seafood place in the food court at Ala Moana uses frozen patties, which probably means no onions, which means I can eat the burgers, so I wanna try that place some day.

pzarquon
July 12th, 2006, 09:26 PM
Our fridge died on Sunday, so we've been living out of the pantry for three days. Not too bad for me, but my wife and kids who are home all day pretty much used all their creativity to keep fed.

So, tonight, as the brand new fridge got going, we celebrated with dinner at Chili's. Chicken quesadillas for me, a build-your-own burger for Kilinahe, and the kids had pasta, pizza, and a corn dog, mixed and matched among 'em. Then we crossed the lot to Baskin & Robins for dessert!

tutusue
July 12th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Mediterranean pasta salad from Costco. My taste buds, all 15% of 'em, luuuuuuved it! :p

tutusue
July 12th, 2006, 09:36 PM
[...]So, tonight, as the brand new fridge got going[...]
Hmmm...was that your new fridge I saw hitching a ride in the back of a pick-up truck and heading ewa on the H-1 during my drive home today? ;)

helen
July 13th, 2006, 10:32 PM
Mushroom chicken plate lunch and Mountain Dew from Mahalo Drive Inn.

pzarquon
July 14th, 2006, 07:09 AM
Perfectly prepared pork chops -- seared and bursting with flavor on the outside, totally moist and tender on the inside -- and creamy, tasty, homemade mashed potatoes... accompanied by an icy cold cup of Coke thanks to our brand new fridge. Mmm!

SusieMisajon
July 14th, 2006, 07:47 AM
Prep paella....all made in the rice cooker. A handful each of dried peas, onions, peppers, dried turkey chunks, dried seafood cocktail (shrimp, mussels, calamari, baby squid), dried fish slices....all soaked in water, for about half an hour...mixed with a pound of rice, and a packet of paella spice (thyme, saffron, ground hot peppers, rosemary, clove, mace, and red colour), into the machine, and...Voila!

Maybe bird flu won't be so difficult to live through, after all....my cupboard runneth over.

Adri
July 15th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Kim Chee soup (includes a jar of kim chee, liquid and all, half jar of ko chu jung, some sriracha) together with some taegu.

Erika Engle
July 15th, 2006, 06:56 PM
Kim Chee soup (includes a jar of kim chee, liquid and all, half jar of ko chu jung, some sriracha) together with some taegu.
Gee whiz, I may suffer a reflux attack from just READING that post.
:eek:
(That's just jealousy talking, FYI).

helen
July 15th, 2006, 08:57 PM
BBQ Chicken and Hamburger Steak plate lunch and a cup of Mountain Dew from Mahalo Drive Inn.

Moto
July 16th, 2006, 04:52 PM
baking a roast marinated with Lipton Onion soup, with potatos, carrots, onions, celery and mushrooms. That will be dinner tonight. Homemade food, good food and better for your health too. If we only had more time to do this every day.

1stwahine
July 16th, 2006, 05:14 PM
It's Chicken Long Rice and Shitake Mushroom Soup at my Hale! For side dishes, I've got Hot Takuwan slices and a tray of Times Super Market's Delicious Shoyu Poke with slices of round and green onions! Their Shoyu Mixture sauce is soooo onolicious!

Of course serving with Hot Steam Rice!! :D

Auntie Lynn

helen
July 18th, 2006, 08:10 PM
Korean style fried chicken plate lunch and Diet Pepsi from Zippys.

1stwahine
July 18th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Pork Watercress Soup and My Special Fried Chicken! Hot Takuwan and Hot Steam Rice. Coca-Cola.

Custard Pie and Chocolate Ice Cream

Auntie Lynn :D

kupomog
July 18th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Mini meat juhn from Yummy's. Haven't had it in a looooong time, it tasted so good.

Erika Engle
July 19th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Last night it was "Ultimate Chicken Fingers," mac and cheese and a vegetable ...

The chicken was soooo ono and cooked so perfectly (I not bragging, k, I think it was the recipe, oven temp., God's grace, etc.), that I'm going to post a link for the chicken in the Chicken thread.

helen
July 19th, 2006, 07:38 PM
Steak and Polish Sausage, small salad and bottle of water from the Steak & Fish Company at the Ala Moana Food Court. Had dessert from Marble Slab Creamery.

helen
July 20th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Mini BBQ Chicken plate lunch with brown rice and mac salad, bottle water and a side order of Spring Rolls from L&L Hawaiian BBQ at Wal-Mart.

helen
July 24th, 2006, 09:12 PM
Chicken Katsu from Zippy's.

helen
July 26th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Mixed plate of BBQ Chicken and Lemon Chicken with a cup of fruit punch from Mahalo Drive Inn.

pzarquon
July 26th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Took the two most beautiful girls in my life (my wife and daughter) to Little Village Noodle House on Smith Street in Chinatown as a treat. Potstickers, minute chicken on fried noodle, honey walnut shrimp... mmm! We then headed down the block for a snazzy photo shoot (http://www.flickr.com/photos/hawaii/199354201/)!

tutusue
July 26th, 2006, 09:50 PM
I love Little Village Noodle House! Good choice. Oh, wow...you're home early, PZ! Loved the photos. That James is such a rascal. ;)

helen
July 29th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Slice of pizza, salad, chicken tornados and a large cup of Diet Coke from Sam's Club.

1stwahine
July 29th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Succulent Baby Back Ribs, Giant Fries and Potato Salad. Candle Lit dinner with my honey. Wat? I deserve to have a romantic dinner!!!

Dessert. None of your business! :p

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

On Break. ;)

Auntie Lynn

kupomog
July 30th, 2006, 01:52 AM
Crispy chicken club sandwich from McDonald's. No lettuce, no tomato, just mayo. Yes, you're damn right I'm plain >.> I order tacos with just meat and cheese.

SusieMisajon
July 30th, 2006, 08:16 AM
Paella from the prep cupboard...only I forgot the chorizo, so it's more just Spanish rice.

Soak a handful each of dried peas, turkey cubes, onions, peppers, and seafood cocktail for about half an hour in water to cover. Put this into the rice cooker with a packet of paella spice and a chopped chorizo, add water as usual. Cook.

Leo Lakio
July 30th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Crispy chicken club sandwich from McDonald's. No lettuce, no tomato, just mayo. Yes, you're damn right I'm plain >.> I order tacos with just meat and cheese.I am EXACTLY the same in both of these cases.

Friday night's dinner was exceptional, as we treated my kumu & her new husband to dinner: prime rib (though I had filet mignon), all the sides, salads, desserts, and champagne.

helen
July 30th, 2006, 11:04 PM
Salad from Sam's Club and a bottle of Orange Gatorade.

helen
July 31st, 2006, 08:42 PM
Salad and sandwich from Foodland, with a bottle of Gatorade from home.

kimo55
July 31st, 2006, 08:43 PM
pancakes. can ya believe that?
but hey. whatevah works.

oh, and corn tortillas.
and a can of beer from a nearby vending machine.

Menehune Man
July 31st, 2006, 08:49 PM
Plums and Cherries!

helen
August 1st, 2006, 03:39 PM
Early dinner from Costco, salad, polish sausage and a cup of Diet Coke.

LocoBoy
August 1st, 2006, 04:38 PM
Mix plate: Kalua pig, teri hot dog, rice, mixed vegies :)

localgrl
August 1st, 2006, 04:57 PM
Fresh Spinach, Mushroom, Red Onion, Creamy Garlic Sauce Pizza from Take and Bake and a can of Green Tea

Leo Lakio
August 1st, 2006, 06:48 PM
Kalua pig and...mac and cheese! The cheapo beapo kind, from A BOX! (As Lucie might know it: Kraft Dinner.) Hey, we was lazy tonight, ok?

pinakboy
August 2nd, 2006, 12:36 PM
yday was oxtail kare-kare cooked by mah fadda-in-law. today might be pinakbet and chicharon!!

:D

Leo Lakio
August 2nd, 2006, 12:41 PM
Briefly entertained by the lineup of most-recently added-to threads on HT:

"What's for dinner", followed by "Breastfeeding in public." :eek:

helen
August 3rd, 2006, 08:49 PM
Fried chicken, cole slaw and pasta salad from Foodland and a bottle of orange Gatorade.

I might eat a couple of bananas later on tonight.

kimo55
August 3rd, 2006, 08:50 PM
don't believe it. had fried chicken too. and bananas for desert.
dass incwedibow, study shows.

Levia
August 4th, 2006, 04:06 AM
don't believe it. had fried chicken too. and bananas for desert.
dass incwedibow, study shows.

I been craving nutting but saimin, or better yet, mung mein, and chinese lemon. dats ALL I like eat, ALL da time! foa weeks! Breakfast, lunch and dinner. No, not hapai, just... high blood pressha, i tink - all that bad saltiness. :o

So for dinner tonight I had... guess what... fried chicken, mac salad and rice from ZIPPY'S! And grapes for desert. I like grapes.

*looks at the time* hmmm... 4 o'clock in the morning.... *goes to make saimin*

helen
August 4th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Plate lunch from Kelly's Cajun at Daiei and leftover salad stuff.

Might munch on some strawberries later on tonight.

kupomog
August 5th, 2006, 12:07 AM
Teri burger, fries, and Sprite from Spot's. Had dessert too, that fruit and walnut salad from McDonald's since mom wanted ice cream. The candied walnuts are kind of gross but apples + yogurt is pretty nice. I just ate the grapes by themselves.

kimo55
August 5th, 2006, 12:16 AM
k.mog? what's that pic? looks like one of those brainless dimwit blonde dumb characters in "The Time Machine"
The Eloi!
sorry. but hey. just like it!
I like that movie too.

oceanpacific
August 5th, 2006, 12:18 AM
I was confined in a hospital, so my dinner prior to discharge was:

sliced turkey w/gravy, zucchini sauteed in water, one scoop white rice, skim milk, banana, vanilla pudding (made with skim milk). For hospital food, it wasn't bad at all. Condiments were black pepper and no-salt herb mixture.

kupomog
August 5th, 2006, 12:41 AM
k.mog? what's that pic? looks like one of those brainless dimwit blonde dumb characters in "The Time Machine"
sorry. but hey. just like it!
I like that movie too.

Heh, it's okay. She's a character from the video game Final Fantasy XII. Her name is Penelo, surprisingly she's not at all dimwitted though her character would normally be the "cutesy, goofball girl" that all the installments seem to have. She's fairly levelheaded. She's a dancer (thus her pose in my profile pic) but her main skills in the game are martial arts and archery so she can take care of herself when she needs to.

Pomai
August 5th, 2006, 08:32 AM
RE: Avatar
She's a character from the video game >>--->> her main skills in the game are martial arts and archery so she can take care of herself when she needs to.My challengers of choice in fighter games such as Tekken or Soul Calibur (I'm not one for 1st person shooter/platform types) are always the ladies. Mostly because I like their high-pitched Nihongin accent. It so sexy in a dominant and cocky kind of way. Know what I mean? lol

As for dinner last night, I starved myself as punishment for eating that rather high cholesterol/calorie garlic "sauced" hot dog for lunch. :o

Speakin' of Nihongin, I'm thinkin' Japanese food such as Shabu Shabu for dinner tonight. Read about a great new place on S. King St.. Forgot the name.

Pomai
August 5th, 2006, 09:04 AM
I was confined in a hospital, so my dinner prior to discharge was:

sliced turkey w/gravy, zucchini sauteed in water, one scoop white rice, skim milk, banana, vanilla pudding (made with skim milk). For hospital food, it wasn't bad at all. Condiments were black pepper and no-salt herb mixture.Lately, I've been a frequent visitor for a relative at Kaiser Moanalua, and I gotta' say, their "hospital food" is quite tasty! The patient (as is usually the case) doesn't have much of an appetite, so we end up eating their food. I just bring a "care package" of Hawaiian Salt and it's all good!

The other night it was Teriyaki steak with (canned) sliced carrots & peas and fresh grapes. Love it in a cafeteria-kind-of-way.

What's the deal with $3 parking (1st 3 hrs) though? The HMO should cover that.

Erika Engle
August 5th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Gosh OP, hope you're okay!
... and Pomai -- good wishes to your -- friend/loved one/person you were visiting -- at Kaiser!

I had nothing defrosted and ready to cook, didn't want to take the time to bake anything, didn't have cabbage, chop suey mix or even canned baby corn with which to make stir-fry.

My culinary muse had apparently taken the night off -- so I turned to one of my two Spam cookbooks and just settled on sato-shoyu Spam, tofu slabs cooked the same way ... and soba noodles with tsuyu dipping sauce.

Not exactly the most nutritious thing the family has eaten this week, but hey, it was late and we were all hungry.

oceanpacific
August 5th, 2006, 02:49 PM
I'm resting comfortably at home after a real scare in the very early A.M. hours Friday morning. My neighbors are probably wondering what the hell was going on with the fire truck and ambulance in front of my house.

I'm racking my brain regarding what's for dinner tonight as I'm on a no-salt diet. Perhaps a roast beef sandwich with lettuce, tomato, and Dijon mustard, but no mayo or salt. Or, a chef's salad with lo-cal Italian dressing as I also have ham, turkey, and mushrooms.

helen
August 5th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Pineapple and cheese burger at Kui'Aina and a soda.

kupomog
August 6th, 2006, 12:33 AM
My challengers of choice in fighter games such as Tekken or Soul Calibur (I'm not one for 1st person shooter/platform types) are always the ladies. Mostly because I like their high-pitched Nihongin accent. It so sexy in a dominant and cocky kind of way. Know what I mean? lol

Haha, I'm highly attached to playing girls in said fighting games, even the real stereotypical school girls and overly sexy chicks, mostly 'cause I'm a girl and I always opt to play the females first if I can. I don't think I've ever played anyone but Chun Li in SF and Ling Xiaoyu in Tekken.

Speaking of girls, my cousin's daughter's b-day party was today so I had lotsa good stuff for lunch and dessert (which was my dinner, also). Ate orange chicken, teriyaki chicken (mmm Man Nani), dinner franks, hamburger curry, mac salad, hijiki rice (the only time mom will get me to eat clam), fried noodles, and some baby carrots and cucumbers. It sounds like a lot but I only took a little of each, I don't eat too much at parties.

For dessert I had a German chocolate cupcake with chantilly frosting, apple crisp, a really tasty haupia cake my aunt made, and some traditional rainbow jello that she also made. Well, she made EVERYTHING...except the hijiki rice, that was my mom. Either way it all tasted great.

Levia
August 6th, 2006, 01:21 AM
saimin *sigh*

My husband hates me. "What? You like eat saimin again?!"

localgrl
August 6th, 2006, 07:19 PM
Shake -N- Bake BBQ Chicken, Corn on The Cob, and of course rice(from the kitchem of muah!).....and a bottle of Pepsi Twist

helen
August 6th, 2006, 07:56 PM
Plate lunch from Kelly's Cajun at Daiei.

helen
August 7th, 2006, 08:33 PM
I think I ate too much at Jack-in-the-Box. Ultimate Cheeseburger, Jumbo Jack, egg rolls, curly fries and Diet Coke.

Erika Engle
August 7th, 2006, 09:44 PM
White Chicken Chili from the crockpot -- over rice.

I prepped a few crockpot dishes yesterday, to make my life easier this week.
At this moment, I'm really glad I did.

C y'all later!

helen
August 9th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Salad from Foodland and a bottle of Orange Gatorade.

scrivener
August 9th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Beef stew, from my crockpot! I think I've come up with a stew with a prep time of under five minutes, and it's soooooo yummy.

Levia
August 10th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Going make beef tomato and... rice of course.
Prolly a smores poptart for desert :p
That new diet cherry Coke is good!

I hungry *tummy grumbles*

localgrl
August 10th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Mac & Cheese w/cut up polish sausage mixed inside (kids fav), and a can of Arizona Green Tea

helen
August 10th, 2006, 09:39 PM
Prime rib sandwich from Quizno's and a bottle of water.

kimo55
August 10th, 2006, 10:11 PM
nachos
da bestessss kine
with queso fresco
and quatro caliente salsa
and of coss...
beeg kine 24 oz. margaritaaaaaz with a Patron float.
times two.
wuz shakaaah, braaahh!

helen
August 11th, 2006, 06:40 PM
Famous Bowl, cole slaw, honey BBQ wings and a cup of Mountain Dew from KFC.

localgrl
August 11th, 2006, 06:46 PM
3 Crunchy Supreme Taco's and a large Pepsi from Taco Bell, then for desert had da pink cotton candy and candy apple from the fair!

blueyecicle
August 11th, 2006, 07:55 PM
Broccoli beef/rice/marfar chicken/ basically food I did not have to cook!!! :D

helen
August 12th, 2006, 08:15 PM
A couple of cheeseburgers and a medium cup of Mountain Dew from the L&L Hawaiian Barbecue at Wal-Mart.

pzarquon
August 13th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Teriyaki chicken. I improvised the marinade, but it turned out pretty good!

Erika Engle
August 13th, 2006, 11:55 AM
Beef stew, from my crockpot! I think I've come up with a stew with a prep time of under five minutes, and it's soooooo yummy.
I'm always looking for good crockpot recipes, esp. those with lightning-fast prep times.
Please share, either here, or in a more appropriate thread, via PM or e-mail.
Thanks (in advance)!

helen
August 13th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Famous bowl, cole slaw, honey BBQ wings and a cup of Mountain Dew from KFC.

helen
August 14th, 2006, 08:38 PM
Chicken bake, chicken caeser salad and a cup of Diet Coke from Costco.

localgrl
August 14th, 2006, 09:24 PM
I first attemted to make easy fried rice w/spam, egg, green onion and da seasoning but someting went wrong.....was too mushy (I know tink you supppose to mix the 1 day old cook rice wit da egg while stay cooking :confused: ) O well so I settled for Top Ramen (Saimin for da locals :))

LikaNui
August 14th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Chicken noodle soup.
Damned head cold.
[/sniffle]

helen
August 16th, 2006, 05:18 PM
Tuna sandwiches and a bottle of water from the HCC Cafeteria.

Kahalu'u_Chrome
August 16th, 2006, 05:58 PM
Tuna sandwiches and a bottle of water from the HCC Cafeteria.

LOL helen, just realized who you are

Dis Robert :D

err back to topic: mini beef plate at Yummy's.... go figga, I work at a Korean restaurant, complain cause I gotta eat it every day - then I go out and eat Korean :rolleyes:

Alohas

1stwahine
August 16th, 2006, 06:05 PM
One Purity Hot Dog, 1/2 scoop rice and AHI POKE WITH LIMU & KUKUI NUT from Times Liliha!!!! :D

NPO afta Midnight. :(

Auntie Lynn ;)

helen
August 17th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Hot Dog with garlic sauce and a can of Diet Coke from that hot dog stand next to CompUSA.

helen
August 19th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Jr. Whopper, Angus streak sandwich, onion rings and a Diet Coke (with some refills) from Burger King.

kupomog
August 20th, 2006, 06:28 AM
Homemade chow fun (plain for me, meaning no evil bean sprouts or onions), inarizushi, and I drank Tropicana orangeade.

helen
August 21st, 2006, 09:32 PM
New Yoirk steak plate lunch from the Steak & Fish Company at Ala Moana Food Court.

Menehune Man
August 21st, 2006, 10:20 PM
Well, tonight is the first off in awhile so I'm drinking red wine and having crackers with cheese.
That's it and I'm fine.