a quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a quick question

When it says celebrities, are we talking solely homeland celebs or all celebs in general?

Re: a quick question

Please, I'd rather if we kept it to local celebs. There are plenty of places on the net where you can talk about national celebs.

Comment

Fair enough...
      I might need a little help with this one, then. Outside of Don Ho, wouldn't know of any major island celebs.

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
      Please, I'd rather if we kept it to local celebs. There are plenty of places on the net where you can talk about national celebs.

Comment

A curiosity question...Where is (or should) the line be drawn? Local celebs who have remained in or returned to Hawaii...Don Ho, Michelle Wie, Keali`i Reichel, Jason Scott Lee? Home-grown celebs who have moved to the mainland to further their careers...Tia Carerre, The Rock, Kelly Preston?

Comment

I would think that anyone that has even a remote or distant Hawaii connection is fair game. Probably the media may be a good measure of this as they continue to consider people like Jason Scott Lee, Bette Midler and Illinois Senator Barack Obama as homegrown product. I still hear music shows referring to the long debarted Robin Luke as being a Hawaii product. Luke was a one hit wonder teen idol from the 1950s who scored a huge top 10 hit with the song "Susie Darling". I don't think Robin Luke has lived in the islands for years.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Sure, all of the above. But not, for example, Orlando Bloom or Johnny Depp.

Comment

Yeah, I know what you mean--no Bennifers and TomKats either (relationships of the nonosecond).
              OK...rules set...so what good celeb news do we have?

Sure, all of the above. But not, for example, Orlando Bloom or Johnny Depp.

Comment

Look here for a good list of local celebs.
                Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                Flickr

Comment

Was surprised to see singer Jewel on that list. She is more well known for being from Alaska.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Your discussion got me to thinking (scary! Don't do it again!) and I came up with this:

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=6789

I only put up an example, y'all would be able to figure out better people to level in with.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                      [...] I still hear music shows referring to the long debarted Robin Luke as being a Hawaii product. Luke was a one hit wonder teen idol from the 1950s who scored a huge top 10 hit with the song "Susie Darling". I don't think Robin Luke has lived in the islands for years.
                      Wow! Thanks for the trip down Memory Lane! "Susie Darlin'" and "Wake Up Little Susie" were my "signature" songs in junior high. I didn't know Robin Luke had any Hawaii ties.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                        ....... Local celebs who have remained in or returned to Hawaii...Don Ho, Michelle Wie, Keali`i Reichel, Jason Scott Lee? Home-grown celebs who have moved to the mainland to further their careers...Tia Carerre, The Rock, Kelly Preston?

Pardon one moment while I get a little breathless over The Rock and Keali'i Reichel.........

Okay, better now. I did not realize Kelly Preston was from Hawai'i. She lives around my neck of the woods now, and I have to say that she and her husband are very nice and considerate.

Comment

Originally posted by FLhaole
                          Pardon one moment while I get a little breathless over The Rock and Keali'i Reichel.........

Okay, better now. I did not realize Kelly Preston was from Hawai'i. She lives around my neck of the woods now, and I have to say that she and her husband are very nice and considerate.
                          Preston is a 'stage name'. She attended Punahou, iirc, and used to audition with me when she was a teenager. As did Tia Carerre (also a stage name)! It's always exciting for me to see someone local get beyond the limited acting opportunities here and move on to bigger and better opportunities...not to mention, succeed. That's always Hawaii's loss, tho'.

Comment

Let's NOT forget Kelly Hu!

Comment

Originally posted by Ty Lee
                              Let's NOT forget Kelly Hu!
                              Oh man...now I have a red face! Of course. Kelly! And, Malia Jones. And, Brooke Lee. And...and...and...

Comment

Working...
                              X