PDA

View Full Version : What's for Breakfast - Chapter 1

Pomai
October 13th, 2005, 08:02 AM
Tell us what's on the menu for breakfast this morning!

Here's some items to consider:
Where's it at: Home? Eating out?
Did you prepare it? If so, want to share a special recipe?
How did it taste? Give a rating!
If dining out, how's the quality of food, value and service?
Got a picture of the food? Share!
Got food to share? Share!

Pomai
October 13th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Quaker instant Oatmeal. Maple and Brown Sugar. From where else? "Cosco's". As usual, always satisfies. Good fo' da' heart too.

"Ohio" go zaimasu everyone! :)

helen
October 13th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Bottle of Mountain Dew.

Pomai
October 14th, 2005, 08:08 AM
Can of that new Hawaiian Sun LITE juice. Guava Nectar flavor. Thought it was gonna' taste "watery", but it's not... good stuff! 100% vitamin C and 50% less calories, carbs and sugar. Lavagal will like that. ;)

Also an apple.

Pomai
October 14th, 2005, 11:21 AM
*As Pomai talks to self*

Funny how this breakfast thread is dead. (hey that rhymes!)

They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day in order to fuel up. Skipping this meal can also lead to a slower metabolism, and in some cases even lead to obesity and/or diabetes.

Hope everyone at least considers eating a bowl of cereal or a fruit every morning. It'll make doc happy!

Leo Lakio
October 14th, 2005, 11:33 AM
Orange juice - bowl of Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries.

helen
October 14th, 2005, 11:48 AM
A package of Twik and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

glossyp
October 14th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Today I had a slice of sharp cheddar cheese on whole grain bread and half an apple washed down with lots of coffee.

Lei K
October 14th, 2005, 04:05 PM
Bacon, egg, cheese McDonald's McGriddle and orange juice. Mmmm sweet and savory. I love these McGriddle things. I seem to choose it over anything else when it comes to fast food breakfast options now.

Lei K
October 14th, 2005, 04:42 PM
A package of Twik and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

Whoa, sugar rush! :D

Pomai
October 15th, 2005, 08:33 AM
So is a TWIK the singular description of the two cookie bars you get in a TWIX?

If so, that means Helen only ate one of the two bars, therefore she actually only got half the sugar, calories and carbs as a TWIX. Great idea! Lavagal'd love that.

Looks like it's gonna' be another Sunny-Day-Saturday in Hawaii nei. Will start with shot o GF's Goji Juice (http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthread.php?t=6701), couple o' hard boiled eggs, some carrot sticks n' a glass o' milk.

helen
October 15th, 2005, 10:31 AM
Manapua, spring rolls, mini-granola bars and Mountain Dew.

Pomai
October 16th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Fresh sliced puree Mango (yup, we still get!), left-over seasoned deli fries from last night and can of the new Hawaiian Sun Lite Passion Guava juice.

1stwahine
October 16th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Eggos Original, Butter and Maple syrup.

I tried Hawaiian Natural Tea (passionfruit orange)

simple but delicious! :D

Auntie Lynn

TurquoiseDuck
October 16th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Bacon and coffee.

EastCoastTropics
October 16th, 2005, 01:21 PM
Bowl of yogurt burst Cheerios, OJ and my daily cup of Kona coffee! :)

EastCoastTropics
October 17th, 2005, 02:29 AM
Bowl of Cream Of Wheat, a pear and my daily cup of Kona coffee. :)

lavagal
October 17th, 2005, 05:55 AM
I'm ashamed to say I lack in the breakfast dept. I get the girls breakfast and by the time I steer hurricanes Kid 1 and Kid 2 out the door, into the van, and to their respective schools, I've usually managed to forget me. But sometimes I don't. Like last Friday I had a tuna salad sandwich on toast. It was terrific. Saturday on the way to dance class, I treated the girls to spam McGriddles and I had the pair of breakfast burritos.
Daily I drop into Starbucks for my venti-nonfat-peppermint-mocha-with-whipped and ussually pair it with a granola bar from a package bought at Costco. Why? Because I buy something "healthy" for the kids and they turn up their noses. Someone has to eat it!
Both kids love cinnamon toast. Kid one likes scrambled eggs. Both love Eggos as long as I draw pretty pictures on top with whipped cream.

If I'm good or have time, I like vanilla nonfat yogurt mixed with a chopped up granola bar, or better yet, wirh home made vanilla granola mixed with dried cranberries. I also like those pink grapefruit sections from Costco. Another favorite is a piece of the LaBrea bread. It has to be a day or two old with cold butter on top, French, Ciabata, or rosemary olive (in that order).

pzarquon
October 17th, 2005, 07:09 AM
Brown sugar & cinnamon Pop Tarts. Hey, it's quick, with a good dose of sugar.

1stwahine
October 17th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Scrambled Eggs, toast and cup of apple juice.

Auntie Lynn

Pomai
October 17th, 2005, 08:19 AM
I'm ashamed to say I lack in the breakfast dept. I get the girls breakfast and by the time I steer hurricanes Kid 1 and Kid 2 out the door, into the van, and to their respective schools, I've usually managed to forget me.

Lavagal, surely you don't give those two hurricanes a breakfast laden with sugar in it right? If so, that's probably half the reason they turn into hurricanes! :D

If you're on the go, try out Helen's TWIK, half of a TWIX. Only half the calories, sugar and carbs as a whole bar. Maybe chase it with a Diet Coke. ;)

Today's Ouaker Instant Oatmeal Maple & Brown Sugar. Easy, just add hot water. Perfect for the desk. Hot Lipton Tea (caffeinated). :eek:

helen
October 17th, 2005, 08:31 AM
My mistake in typing Twik instead of Twix and I did eat both bars on Friday morning.

Today, Quaker Oats Chewy Granola Bars and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

Albert
October 17th, 2005, 09:52 AM
I don't usually eat breakfast. Maybe once or twice a month, I'll stop in McD's and have the hotcakes (no sausage) and a pint of milk. But usually, I just wait and have an early lunch.

Lalalinder
October 17th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Two thick slices toasted French bread, 1 fried chicken wing and coffee.

D'Alani
October 17th, 2005, 04:23 PM
I tried the Loco Moco at Diner's and it is definitely worth the price.

Pomai
October 18th, 2005, 09:40 AM
My mistake in typing Twik instead of Twix and I did eat both bars on Friday morning.

Ssshhhh, quiet. Don't tell Lavagal that. Way too much sugar. :D

Today's Quaker Instant Oatmeal Maple n' Brown Sugar flavor with sliced Banana added in. Tastes like an apple-bannana pie! Can o' H.S. Lite Passio-Guava juice n' a Cup-o-joe.

kimo55
October 18th, 2005, 09:54 AM
one piece of dry crusty bread, the heel from the end of the loaf.
half glass of water.

Cat had one can of fancy feast, a heaping tablespoon of fresh ahi, and milk.

Our dog had filet mignon served with a little gravy he likes me to whip up fresh from scratch. Only way he will eat his medium rare meat.

Glen Miyashiro
October 18th, 2005, 09:58 AM
one piece of dry crusty bread, the heel from the end of the loaf.
half glass of water.

Cat had one can of fancy feast, a heaping tablespoon of fresh ahi, and milk.

Our dog had filet mignon served with a little gravy he likes me to whip up fresh from scratch. Only way he will eat his medium rare meat.Kimo brah, that pussy's got you truly and well whipped.

kimo55
October 18th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Kimo brah, that pussy's got you truly and well whipped.
ain't it da troot.
But now she sure likes to snuggle...

Pomai
October 18th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Kimo brah, that pussy's got you truly and well whipped.
I know the feeling. :o

Kimo, just hope your wife or GF isn't the one eating the dog's Alpo.

Also, that cat's Ahi better be Sashimi grade, or it's goin' to the dog!

Try give the doggie some A-1 for the steak. Much easier than making gravy from scratch. :rolleyes:

helen
October 18th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Various flavors of Quaker Oats Chewy Granola Bars and a bottle of water.

Pomai
October 20th, 2005, 05:43 AM
Up 'n early with Quaker Instant Oatmeal Banana Bread flavor with sliced fresh Banana added in. Can o' H.S. Lite Passion Orange juice n' a Cup-o-joe.

helen
October 22nd, 2005, 10:16 AM
A few Granola bars and a can of Diet Coke. I would have gotten a can of Mountain Dew but my building's soda vending machine ran out of it so I took the Diet Coke instead.

Pomai
October 29th, 2005, 09:02 AM
Kellogg's Frosted Flakes with slices of fresh Banana and Strawberry and 2% milk. The ULTIMATE breakfast combo!

The beach is calling me today. ;)

1stwahine
October 29th, 2005, 09:14 AM
Cream of Wheat and a cup of coffee! ;)

Auntie Lynn

TurquoiseDuck
October 29th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Cheerios with Vanilla Silk Soy Milk and Lion Vanilla Mac Nut coffee with stevia.

Miulang
October 30th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Every "normal" breakfast place was so crowded this morning that we ended up having dim sum at Doong Kong Lau (formerly in Honolulu but now in Seattle). We had har gow, hum bao, siu mai, gien doi, shrimp balls and fried shrimp rolls, all washed down with delicious jasmine tea.

Miulang

helen
January 31st, 2006, 08:27 AM
Tuna sandwiches and a bottle of water.

1stwahine
January 31st, 2006, 09:01 AM
Hot Pandesal w/ butter from Alfredo's Bakery on N. King Street and a cup of Kona Coffee from home...eaten with my Ohana! :D

Auntie Lynn ;)

Leo Lakio
January 31st, 2006, 09:04 AM
a bottle of water.
Helen, I'm getting concerned - are you well? All water and no Mountain Dew makes Helen ... I dunno ... healthier?

For me today: bowl of Crispix, with sugar and vanilla soy-milk (thank you, Trader Joe's!), orange juice.

helen
March 16th, 2006, 06:50 AM
A couple of tuna sandwiches and a bottle of water.

CranBeree
March 16th, 2006, 08:55 AM
1/2 cup organic milk, grilled cornbread & pog juice.

helen
March 19th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Baked manapua, spring rolls and a bottle of water.

helen
March 28th, 2006, 10:13 PM
A couple of sandwiches and a Super Big Gulp of Mountain Dew from 7-11.

Da Rolling Eye
April 9th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Took the family to KJ's in Kaneohe for a "brunch". Hard to beat a New York steak and eggs breakfast for only five bucks. Not the thin, nameless cut most places offer for way more. Mel had the eggs and bacon for around $3.50. Each came with 3 eggs and 2 scoop rice. While we were at it, we ordered the $12 14 pc. fried chicken for dinner and 3 mini bentos at $2 ea. for "snack". :D

alohacandy
April 9th, 2006, 04:41 PM
Took the family to KJ's in Kaneohe for a "brunch". Hard to beat a New York steak and eggs breakfast for only five bucks. Not the thin, nameless cut most places offer for way more. Mel had the eggs and bacon for around $3.50. Each came with 3 eggs and 2 scoop rice. While we were at it, we ordered the $12 14 pc. fried chicken for dinner and 3 mini bentos at $2 ea. for "snack". :D

Where is KJ's?

Thanks!

Da Rolling Eye
April 10th, 2006, 02:30 PM
Where is KJ's?

Thanks!

Ooops. Windward City Shopping Center, right at the bottom of the Likelike Hwy. Just go round back and they're right next to a sushi place. I think it was Genki Sushi. Across the ways from Ross.

According to Cheap Eats, it's their fried chicken that's the draw. After having it, it's very homemade tasting, better than Zippy's and cheaper than Zippy's or KFC. The chicken is simply seasoned and dredged in flour and fried. No batter. Lots of crispy chicken skin. Kind of "okazuya" style. Gotta go early to get their chicken. They usually sell out before 2 pm. so forget about ordering it for dinner, although they do have some interesting and tasty items not normally found elsewhere.

My wife has made comparable tasting chicken, but we'd go back for more only because it's cheap and we don't have to clean up a mess after cooking. :D

helen
April 27th, 2006, 08:36 AM
A couple of tuna sandwiches and a bottle of water.

Leo Lakio
April 27th, 2006, 08:48 AM
McDonald's gut bomb: sausage mcmuffin, hash browns, orange juice.

helen
May 6th, 2006, 09:58 AM
A couple of oranges and some Capri Sun drinks.

helen
May 14th, 2006, 10:34 AM
Hotcakes and sausage, sausage breakfast burritos and orange juice from McDonalds.

SusieMisajon
May 15th, 2006, 08:55 AM
Hello, everybody in here. I just HAD to register, after reading this thread...I don't know whether to feel sick, or jealous, about all that lovely junk-food you are all starting your days with. Mountain Dew?! Gotta be some crabby people for the rest of the day, ya?

pzarquon
May 15th, 2006, 10:24 AM
I normally just make myself a PB&J (chunky PB with guava jam, actually, on toasted white) for breakfast, but this morning a coworker gave me a baked char siu manapua from Royal Kitchen. Mmm!

helen
May 16th, 2006, 09:54 AM
Right now Spring Semester is over and the Summer session doesn't start until next week so at HCC the cafeteria is closed and the building where the bookstore is, is closed due to electrical work.

So that leaves just the vending machine, wanted to get a bottle of water, put in my $1.25 into it, press the button and it says "Sold out". There is a second button for water and I press that and it too says "Sold out".

So then I press the Mountain Dew button and a bottle comes out. I shouldn't be drinking it but what the heck.

SusieMisajon
May 16th, 2006, 10:12 AM
Right now Spring Semester is over and the Summer session doesn't start until next week so at HCC the cafeteria is closed and the building where the bookstore is, is closed due to electrical work.

So that leaves just the vending machine, wanted to get a bottle of water, put in my $1.25 into it, press the button and it says "Sold out". There is a second button for water and I press that and it too says "Sold out".

So then I press the Mountain Dew button and a bottle comes out. I shouldn't be drinking it but what the heck.
Hi Helen...I guess I'm really out of the habit...no coke machines, here...but, wouldn't it be cheaper (and healthier) to just pop a bottle into your backpack, each morning? It hurts to think of what you could spend, in a year, on machines alone.

helen
May 17th, 2006, 08:22 AM
Sipping on a new bottle of Mountain Dew for this morning since the vending machine hasn't re-stocked yet.

There is a 3-7/8 ounce unopened bag of Doritos sitting on my desk, going to leave it as just in case thing if I can't get away to eat lunch outside the campus today.

helen
May 18th, 2006, 09:06 AM
A couple of manapua and a bottle of water.

SusieMisajon
May 18th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Does nobody eat breakfast at home?

helen
May 18th, 2006, 09:24 PM
It was take out and I took it home to eat it.

SusieMisajon
May 18th, 2006, 09:28 PM
I've forgotten about life. Except for going to the bakery, and picking up croissants, that just doesn't happen, over here.

Pomai
May 19th, 2006, 07:43 AM
I've forgotten about life. Except for going to the bakery, and picking up croissants, that just doesn't happen, over here.Speaking of France, many people assume French Toast - A popular American breakfast dish made by pan frying sliced bread dipped in an egg mixture - was originally from there, but several arguments claim otherwise (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_toast).

I heard about "Freedom Fries", but never "Freedom Toast".

I usually make it by mixing sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in the eggs first, then dip and soak slices of Safeway's "French" bread. Fry it in butter and serve it with more butter, chopped Macadamia nuts, sliced banana and coconut syrup. Mo' buttah, mo' bettah! ;)

LikaNui
May 19th, 2006, 07:56 AM
Does nobody eat breakfast at home?A lot of folks who have to commute to work leave well before sunrise to try to beat the traffic on the roads. And at that time, dinner is still settling!
:p

LocoBoy
May 19th, 2006, 08:21 AM
Breakfast fo me today was a "grab and go" - spam musubi & orange juice :eek: :) .

SusieMisajon
May 19th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Try French/freedom/whatever toast with a little rum, or cointreau, splashed into the egg, milk, sugar, cinnamon mix...Mmmm!

Or better yet, make pudding. Put bread, day-old bread, or even dry old bread (or even cornbread) into a greased baking dish. I stand the bread on edge, to really pack it in. Shake over sugar, or cinnamon sugar, toss in some raisins or chopped apples, or whatever...can even just dollop some jam on top. Top with butter flakes. Make up a mixture of two or three eggs for each cup of milk, mix it well, and pour it over the bread...keep adding more, till it's all soaked up. Leave it to sit in a cool place, for several hours, or overnight, than top it up with more egg and milk mix, chop up some more butter for the top, and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Bake at about 325-350f (150-180c) til it's puffy and golden...try shake it, if it wobbles too much, leave it in for a bit longer. Good hot, warm, or cold.

Instead of sugar, add cubed or sliced cheese and ham, then it's called a Strada. It might be good with Portuguese sausage, too, or char siu...hey, maybe even with fishcake and green onions.

SusieMisajon
May 19th, 2006, 08:55 AM
A lot of folks who have to commute to work leave well before sunrise to try to beat the traffic on the roads. And at that time, dinner is still settling!
:p
Ohhh! Sounds like a 'pit pony' existance. What do you do wid da kids?

Pomai
May 19th, 2006, 09:13 AM
Try French/freedom/whatever toast with a little rum, or cointreau, splashed into the egg, milk, sugar, cinnamon mix...Mmmm!

Susie, I think I'll try that. Sounds "cest ci bon"! Perhaps drizzle more rum on AFTER it's cooked and let it absorb in for extra "kick". :D

SusieMisajon
May 19th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Susie, I think I'll try that. Sounds "cest ci bon"! Perhaps drizzle more rum on AFTER it's cooked and let it absorb in for extra "kick". :D
Remember tha Bacardi cake? The one where you poked the hot cake, and poured a mixture of boiled sugar, rum, and butter over it? That mixture might be good on top, too. I used to make that cake with Amaretto, instead of rum, and make little almond-pate roses, to decorate it.

What was that sauce? Maybe one cup sugar, one half cup butter, boil, then add one quarter cup booze?

LikaNui
May 19th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Ohhh! Sounds like a 'pit pony' existance. Yes, it surely does, I guess.

(Pssst: what does "a pit pony existance" mean?)

What do you do wid da kids?Don't have any. And I'm one of the lucky people who can actually walk from my home to work. What I meant was that those other people who have to fight traffic usually leave before sunrise and that it's too early for breakfast.

SusieMisajon
May 19th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Yes, it surely does, I guess.

(Pssst: what does "a pit pony existance" mean?)

Don't have any. And I'm one of the lucky people who can actually walk from my home to work. What I meant was that those other people who have to fight traffic usually leave before sunrise and that it's too early for breakfast.
A pit pony is the ponies that were kept underground, right down in the mines, to pull the carts loaded with whatever the miners were digging up. The ponies lived their whole lives down there, and usually finished up blind. To be called a 'pit pony' means you go to work in the dark, before sunrise, and go home after dark, when the sun has already set....living always in the dark, just like those ponies.

LikaNui
May 19th, 2006, 10:25 AM
A pit pony is the ponies that were kept underground, right down in the mines, to pull the carts loaded with whatever the miners were digging up.Okay. Thanks for the explanation. We don't have a lot of mines or miners here. :p

To be called a 'pit pony' means you go to work in the dark, before sunrise, and go home after dark, when the sun has already set....living always in the dark, just like those ponies.Kind of like employees who are called 'mushrooms' because the bosses keep them in the dark and feed them lots of sh**... er, manure.
;)

1stwahine
May 19th, 2006, 10:51 AM
I never eat breakfast anymore. :(

Why? Cause I busy serving it! :p

Rice, @ 2 eggs the way you like it, choice of meat (corned beef hash, bacon, pork links, port. sausage, or spam) rice, toast & bottomless coffee for $3.00.

Wea? I not going tell.

I no like work hard. :eek:

Auntie pUpUle :D

helen
May 24th, 2006, 09:43 AM
Bottle of Mountain Dew.

LikaNui
May 25th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Someone brought in sweet bread from Ani's Bake Shop in Aiea. It's gooooood!
:)

helen
May 27th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Cold cut sandwiches, orange, strawberries and water.

U'ilani
May 27th, 2006, 06:55 PM
This a.m. my daughter made me fried sweet bread. Ono!

pzarquon
May 27th, 2006, 07:16 PM
On weekends, I've gotten into the habit of making home-made 'Egg McMuffins.' Toasted English muffins from Costco, scrambled egg, and bacon.

A geeky kitchen show on PBS called "America's Test Kitchen" featured a tip to buy cut bacon in bulk, roll each piece individually, and freeze them. It seemed like a hassle, but it's turned out to be a flash of genius. Now I don't feel like I have to "use up" a standard package of bacon before it goes bad, or thaw a whole package even when I just want a couple of strips. I just go to the freezer, snap off a couple of bacon rolls, thaw 'em in the micro, and fry 'em up.

Man. Now I feel like having bacon for dessert.

SusieMisajon
May 27th, 2006, 08:38 PM
On weekends, I've gotten into the habit of making home-made 'Egg McMuffins.' Toasted English muffins from Costco, scrambled egg, and bacon.

A geeky kitchen show on PBS called "America's Test Kitchen" featured a tip to buy cut bacon in bulk, roll each piece individually, and freeze them. It seemed like a hassle, but it's turned out to be a flash of genius. Now I don't feel like I have to "use up" a standard package of bacon before it goes bad, or thaw a whole package even when I just want a couple of strips. I just go to the freezer, snap off a couple of bacon rolls, thaw 'em in the micro, and fry 'em up.

Man. Now I feel like having bacon for dessert.
Bacon and peanut butter sandwich, for dessert?

That's a good idea, for bacon. We don't have the same kind, over here. It's thick and hard and salty, so it wouldn't work. I make my own, anyway, when it's pig-killing time...and then hang it up, by the fireplace...jess gotta cut off a chunk, whenever, and by the time it gets to the end, it's so hard that the only place for it, is the soup pot.

pzarquon
May 27th, 2006, 09:20 PM
Bacon and peanut butter sandwich, for dessert?Never tried it, but might... since I already eat PB&J almost every day. I've heard of it, and frankly, there are much stranger combinations out there.

Didn't Elvis like that pairing? Fried all together, even? Or was that peanut butter and banana?

ETA: Here's a recipe (http://www.handcoding.com/archives/2003/09/02/the-elvis-peanut-butter-bacon-and-banana/) for fried peanut butter, banana, and bacon sandwiches, called, of course, "The Elvis."

SusieMisajon
May 27th, 2006, 09:28 PM
Yum!!!!!!!

helen
June 1st, 2006, 08:51 AM
A couple of sandwiches and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

helen
June 6th, 2006, 08:51 AM
A couple of sandwiches and bottle of Mountain Dew.

pzarquon
June 6th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Deja vu, Helen!

Kilinahe and I have basically been having our bacon-and-egg toasted English muffins all week. Er, though I think I settled for a brown sugar and cinnamon Pop Tart yesterday.

helen
June 8th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Sipping on a bottle of Mountain Dew.

Leo Lakio
June 8th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Kilinahe and I have basically been having our bacon-and-egg toasted English muffins all week. Er, though I think I settled for a brown sugar and cinnamon Pop Tart yesterday.

Mmmmm.....Bacon: The Candy of Meats.

Have you tried the "Cinnamon Roll" Pop-Tarts yet? Not as sweet as the classic frosted bs+c ones, so a little more manageable for the older palate.
(Notice I didn't say "grown-up"...)

SusieMisajon
June 8th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Awwww.....you guys are SO lucky! We don't even have pop-tarts, over here.

Leo Lakio
June 8th, 2006, 10:14 AM
Awwww.....you guys are SO lucky! We don't even have pop-tarts, over here.Yeah, but all the boulangerie here either make great bread OR great pastries - never both in the same place, for some reason. (Actually, other friends in France tell me that's the situation there as well.) Bon appetit!

Mangoseed
June 12th, 2006, 01:29 PM
If I really wanted to pig out and stupidly disregard the health hazards, it would be Portuguese sausage, four fried eggs, toast with guava jam, and two scoop rice. Oh wait. I forgot the kimchee.

helen
June 13th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Sipping on a bottle of Mountain Dew.

Lei Liko
June 13th, 2006, 10:04 AM
I skipped breakfast again...so all I have is a bottle of Aquafina and that Diet Coke I'm about to open in 30 seconds.

[wonders where I'll pig out for lunch]

helen
June 14th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Turkey sandwich and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

helen
June 15th, 2006, 08:46 AM
Ham and cheese sandwiches and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

helen
June 16th, 2006, 08:30 AM
Sipping on a bottle of Diet Pepsi.

helen
June 17th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Can of Diet Pepsi (vending machine had sold out on Mountain Dew and Diet Coke).

scrivener
June 21st, 2006, 09:54 AM
I have established a rule for myself this summer: Two healthy meals per day. I have found it easiest (most days) to make breakfast one of the two. This has not always been the case, as I am often in such a rush to get to school so I can be ready for the day. The drive-throughs are just much, much too convenient and quick. Plus there's Myra, whom I've mentioned in other threads.

However, they have opened a new Jamba Juice at the newly rebuilt Moanalua Center (formerly Moanalua Shopping Center), which is ALMOST as quick and convenient as the drive-throughs. I know the smoothies are loaded with calories, but you still need those fruits and antioxidants, so I think it's a good trade-off. I have been in love with Jamba since before it came to Hawaii, and seldom deviate from my favorite order: Orange Berry Blitz. Orange juice, blueberries (antioxidants up the wazoo, or down it, I guess), pineapple sherbert, strawberries, and ice. I've been getting the "power" size with two boosts, Vita-Boost and Fiber-Boost.

Oh, and a Diet Pepsi.

helen
June 22nd, 2006, 09:02 AM
Sipping on a bottle of Diet Pepsi. Vending machine was out of Mountain Dew.

Pomai
June 22nd, 2006, 09:24 AM
Helen, have you ever tried that VAULT "energy drink"? It tastes like an EXTREME Mountain Dew. Pretty good and reasonably priced, unlike most other "energy drinks".

Ever since Red Bull took off (gross), everyone's offering some sort of "energy drink", which is all SNAKE OIL if you ask me.

1stwahine
June 22nd, 2006, 10:39 AM
Onolicious Chopped Steak from Uptown Cafe on School Street!

A tall glass of Iced Tea. :D

Auntie Lynn

helen
June 23rd, 2006, 03:24 PM
Buffet breakfast at the Pagoda Hotel.

helen
June 24th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Buffet breakfast at the Pagoda Hotel (again).

Pomai
June 24th, 2006, 01:22 PM
O.K. Helen, you went there TWICE in consecutive days? That's a great gig you've got!

Any chance elaborating what they offered on the breakfast buffet line?

I've only eating their Sunday Brunch Buffet ($20), so I'd like to know the difference in selection and price. Sunday Brunch pretty much got "da works".

Last time I was there, I almost overflowed my little bowl with soft-serve ice cream. Talk about make "A". lol

helen
June 26th, 2006, 09:18 AM
Manapua, spring rolls and cup of Mountain Dew.

O.K. Helen, you went there TWICE in consecutive days? That's a great gig you've got!

Any chance elaborating what they offered on the breakfast buffet line?

Price is around $8.95, they had white and fried rice, choice of 3 breakfast meats, pancakes, fresh cut fruits, pastries, fruit juices, boxed ceral. Did notice that Friday's and Saturday's omelettes where different.

My dad was staying at the Pagoda over the weekend. So he and I had breakfast there on Friday and on Saturday my cousin and his family came to pick us up for a trip to the swap meet so we had breakfast there again on Saturday.

helen
June 27th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Sipping on a bottle of Diet Pepsi.

helen
June 28th, 2006, 08:56 AM
A bottle of Mountain Dew and a Twik candy bar.

Pomai
June 28th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Helen! he he

That good ole' TWIK again, eh? The singular description of the two cookie bars you get in a TWIX. This time it wasn't a typo' and you DID only eat one of the two bars, right?

That Pagoda breakfast buffet sounds like a pretty good deal.

helen
June 29th, 2006, 09:57 AM
I ate both bars yesterday. In any event today it's chicken cup of noodles, a bag of Fritos and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

1stwahine
June 29th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Beef Tofu and Ice tea from Uptown Fountain on School Street! :)

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f358/1stwahine/birthday317.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f358/1stwahine/birthday316.jpg

helen
June 30th, 2006, 08:19 AM
A bottle of Diet Pepsi.

1stwahine
June 30th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Pork Link Sausage(4), two sunny side eggs, toast, one scoop rice and coffee for $3.00 @ BBQ Hut on N. King Street! :D

Auntie Lynn

SusieMisajon
June 30th, 2006, 08:52 AM
Cream of wheat with cinnamon sugar and raisins. Orange juice.

helen
July 5th, 2006, 10:22 AM
Turkey sandwich and a bottle of water.

MadAzza
July 5th, 2006, 10:26 AM
Coffee with antidepressants.

SusieMisajon
July 5th, 2006, 10:40 AM
Coffee with antidepressants.
Awww....sad, ya?

pzarquon
July 5th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Leftovers for me... those bacon-wrapped steak fillets from Costco, plus rice and steamed broccoli. Plus arare from a giant tub in the next office for a snack!

1stwahine
July 5th, 2006, 11:06 AM
I ate a Korean soup made with boiled brisket. Shredded thin and then boiled into a Kim Chee base mixed with long rice, green onions and topped with a raw egg which was cooked by the hot soup. (courtesy of my boss)

Ahhhh...it so so delicious but I drank several tall glasses of iced cold water. :)

Ok., ok...I cried! :p

Auntie Lynn

craigwatanabe
July 5th, 2006, 12:09 PM
Pepsi and a handful of Horlicks. Been on HT too long for morning nourishment! :D

kupomog
July 5th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Had one of those Raisin Bran Crunch cups and some vanilla silk. I like how I hate Raisin Bran but love Raisin Bran Crunch.

scrivener
July 5th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Two large handsful of frozen blackerries, just thawed, with plain nonfat yoghurt and a sprinkle (okay, two spoonsful) of brown sugar.

Yow.

helen
July 13th, 2006, 08:25 AM
Turkey sandwiches and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

tutusue
July 13th, 2006, 08:36 AM
A leg from a Costco roasted chicken and a medley of fresh fruit already cut up by...Costco!

Costco is my friend!

helen
July 14th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Turkey sandwiches and a bottle of kind of lukewarm Mountain Dew.

SusieMisajon
July 14th, 2006, 09:51 AM
We had cream of wheat with raisins and cinnamon sugar. Tomorrow morning it'll be baguettes with butter and cherry jam and hot chocolate.

helen
July 15th, 2006, 09:02 AM
A can of Mountain Dew and a banana.

tutusue
July 15th, 2006, 09:16 AM
A few Costco meatballs and a medley of edamame, green beans and mushrooms. I'm not very traditional when it comes to breakfast!

helen
July 16th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Strawberries, bananas and a can of Mountain Dew.

Erika Engle
July 16th, 2006, 02:19 PM
Coffee and boiled peanuts for me; boiled peanuts and a small, bottled Starbucks strawberries-n-cream drink for my youngest.

Odd, yes, but we got to town for a deal on graphing calculators before the store opened, so, looking for a place to get him a drink, we ran across an open liquor store. I knew he'd find something age-appropriate to drink inside; and I got sudden onos for boiled peanuts, which I suspected/hoped that they'd have -- and which I was happy to find, that they did!

scrivener
July 16th, 2006, 03:13 PM
blackberries with plain nonfat yoghurt and brown sugar.
with two ears of (uncooked) kahuku corn as a chaser. yum.

helen
July 18th, 2006, 08:23 AM
Sipping on a bottle of Diet Pepsi (vending machine is out of Mountain Dew).

helen
July 20th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Turkey sandwiches and a can of Mountain Dew.

pzarquon
July 20th, 2006, 08:56 AM
I almost always have a peanut butter and jelly sandwhich (on toasted white), making it difficult to contribute to this thread lest I post the same thing every day. However, today, I treated myself to a breakfast bento from the little store inside 33 N. King (a.k.a. the HBC building) -- bacon, "little smokies" and spam with eggs and rice. Yummy!

1stwahine
July 20th, 2006, 09:52 AM
French Toast Special $3.95 at BBQ Hut
2 French Toasts, 2 Sunny Side Eggs, and 2 pieces Fried Ham slices.
with butter and maple syrup. Coffee included. :D

Auntie Lynn

helen
July 21st, 2006, 08:49 AM
Turkey sandwich, chips and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

helen
July 23rd, 2006, 10:51 AM
Plate lunch from U-Choice Drive Inn. With spring rolls and a large cup of Mountain Dew.

helen
July 26th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Bottle of water from the vending machine. It was out of Mountain Dew.

helen
July 27th, 2006, 08:48 AM
A couple of turkey sandwiches from Tom's Chervon mini-mart and a can of Mountain Dew from a nearby vending machine.

Leo Lakio
July 27th, 2006, 09:04 AM
Yesterday: Sausage McMuffin (no egg), hash-browns, orange juice. From McDonald's, obviously. I generally don't like much at McD any more, except the gut-bombs of breakfast.

Today: toasted bagel w/cream cheese from a downtown deli near work, orange juice.

As much as I love Mt. Dew, I just can't handle it at breakfast. Though I live in the coffee Mecca of America, I've just never acquired the taste for that popular hot, burnt-bean beverage.

hawaiifiveoh
July 29th, 2006, 08:27 AM
bowl of cheerios with freshly sliced bananas and blueberries and milk of course.

localgrl
July 29th, 2006, 09:21 AM
2 Scoop Rice, 2 Over Easy Eggs, 1 Can Vienna Sausage and finished it off with a can of Arizona Green Tea (my kitchen)

helen
July 29th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Kind of late breakfast of noodles, black bean chicken, spring rolls and a large cup of Mountain Dew from U-Choice Drive Inn while watching a tape of last night's Stargate SG-1.

Linkmeister
July 29th, 2006, 01:27 PM
Half a Safeway onion bagel, with a coating of Philly Cream Cheese.

Did I mention coffee?

helen
July 30th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Salad from Sam's Club and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

Leo Lakio
July 30th, 2006, 05:37 PM
AF made biscuits with cheddar cheese in 'em (from pseudo-scratch = Bisquick), which I then sliced open and filled with Portuguese sausage.

SusieMisajon
July 30th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Home-made cereal (tastes alot like the bought kind, and stays crunchy in milk), blueberries, and milk, orange juice.

Beat together two egg whites, one cup of sugar, one tablespoon cinnamon, and two tablespoons of orange juice til a soft meringue forms. Pour over nine cups of cubed dried bread and mix well. Bake at 300f (150c) for about 45 minutes, stirring often, until lightly browned and crisp. Store in a covered container.

One cup of chopped peanuts added before baking, optional. Chopped dried apples are good added after baking.

helen
August 2nd, 2006, 09:53 AM
A couple of bananas and a bottle of Diet Mountain Dew.

helen
August 5th, 2006, 11:09 AM
Assorted small bags of chips and a bottle of Mountain Dew from a vending machine.

MadAzza
August 5th, 2006, 12:21 PM
Leftover Chinese food and a quart of vodka.

Palolo Joe
August 5th, 2006, 12:24 PM
Fish and eggs from Nico's @ Pier 38.

Leo Lakio
August 5th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Hashbrowns with sausage gravy, bacon, toast, orange juice - at a little Greek-run restaurant near my sister's place in Bellevue WA (went there between radio shows; went to the Eastside early, due to the bridge closure for the Blue Angels airshow.)

helen
August 10th, 2006, 09:34 AM
A bottle of water.

blueyecicle
August 10th, 2006, 10:22 AM
a plum...that was not ripe..YUCK

helen
August 18th, 2006, 10:54 AM
A couple of sandwiches and a can of Mountain Dew.

Leo Lakio
August 18th, 2006, 10:56 AM
Two "Cinnamon Roll" Pop-Tarts (Leo? Pop-Tarts?? At your age?!?) and lots of orange juice.

Kelly0040
August 18th, 2006, 11:23 AM
south beach diet breakfast burrito. it was actually not bad and i'd buy another box again when they're on sale 2 fer 5. and it had 15g of fiber :eek: (must be the wheat tortilla)

Erika Engle
August 18th, 2006, 08:53 PM
Last night I made about twice as much rice as I'd need for dinner, thinking, 'kids are home tomorrow ... they're probably going to want food ... and I'm working so I can't spend a lot of time in the kitchen.'

This morning I made flavored rice balls; a few with my favored shiso fumi furikake (the purplish stuff that gives ume and some types of pickled vegetables its purple to magenta color); and the lion's share of it with nori fumi furikake, which da keeds prefer.

Mixed up some of the rice with shiso, the rest with the nori furikake ... formed musubi and it got scarfed up.

helen
August 21st, 2006, 09:32 AM
Tuna sandwiches and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

helen
August 23rd, 2006, 09:35 AM
A bottle of Mountain Dew.

blueyecicle
August 23rd, 2006, 10:40 AM
Malt O Meal with toast and homeade strawberry jam. Whole milk...Oh I gave some to the kids too! Hungry morning! :D

scrivener
August 23rd, 2006, 12:25 PM
Pecan pancakes from Koa House in Moanalua Center. Quite yummy.

helen
August 24th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Tuna sandwiches, spam musibi and a bottle of Mountain Dew.

helen
August 25th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Bottle of Mountain Dew.

blueyecicle
August 25th, 2006, 09:42 AM
CAKE! It fell apart and I ate it!

Leo Lakio
August 25th, 2006, 09:55 AM
CAKE! It fell apart and I ate it!Well, what else COULD you do in a situation like that? Oh, the sacrifices you gotta make for your family...

blueyecicle
August 25th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Well, what else COULD you do in a situation like that? Oh, the sacrifices you gotta make for your family...

I needed a good laugh this morning!! Thanks :D

helen
August 28th, 2006, 10:19 AM

Paul Ogata
August 28th, 2006, 12:17 PM
A banana and a whole wheat english muffin. Washed it down with a bottle of water.

For lunch I'm torn between veggies (carrots, celery, snow peas, broccoli and cherry tomatoes) and Fatburger's Double King Burger With Cheese. Hmmm.

localgrl
August 28th, 2006, 12:26 PM
Well not much of a breakfast eater, but I did have my usual 2 to 3 strong cups of Yuban coffee :D (gotta have my caffeine in da morning to get me goin!) w/vanilla nut creamer (liquid) and a blueberry bagel w/cream cheese at my hale!

Mataiva
August 28th, 2006, 12:29 PM
2 sushi rolls, spicy tuna ~ coffee, and popcorn...eating @ work between calls and customers, you chow down at every opportunity, right...?

helen
August 31st, 2006, 08:48 AM

pzarquon
August 31st, 2006, 09:25 AM
Some chocolate bread from Zippy's (thanks to a fundraising neighbor). A coworker's also just brought in some kind of purple yam pastry-type thing, but I haven't gotten up the nerve to bite into it yet.

Fat Jeff
August 31st, 2006, 09:25 AM
Whole grain toast with smoked turkey & cheddar cheese, Activa Yogurt (Strawberry), and a Nectarine...washed down with decaf Lions Vanilla Macadamia Nut coffee...burp (Senceo).

helen
September 1st, 2006, 08:48 AM
A bottle of Diet Pepsi (vending machine ran out of Mountain Dew).

Leo Lakio
September 1st, 2006, 08:49 AM
A boring ol' bowl of Corn Pops, orange juice.

Leo Lakio
September 1st, 2006, 08:50 AM
A bottle of Diet Pepsi (vending machine ran out of Mountain Dew).Helen (congrats on reaching 2700 posts, btw), assuming you prefer Diet Pepsi over the leaded kind, what do you think about Diet Dew vs. regular?

blueyecicle
September 1st, 2006, 09:41 AM
Scrambled eggs and chedda' rolled in a tortilla shell.

Jake's Ohana
September 1st, 2006, 10:53 AM
Took the day off to be with the family before school starts. Made a quick hawaiian royale: tomato basil chicken sausages in some scrambled eggs with some veggies over rice with teri sauce. Gobbled it up! ;)

1stwahine
September 1st, 2006, 11:12 AM
I made Fried Rice. Fresh Mushrooms, Portugese Sausage, Bacon, Maui Onions, Green Onions, Ebi, Garlic, Black Pepper. Fry till meat is cook. Add rice. Put 1 tablespoon of Oyster Sauce on top, shoyu, green onions. Scramble egg in separate bowl and pour over rice. Turn back fire on and mix well.

Broke da Mouth! :D

Auntie Lynn

Note: You can add anything in Fried Rice. Fish cake, Shrimp, Ham, Spam, etc.

Erika Engle
September 1st, 2006, 05:16 PM
The usual. Two cups of black coffee.

Leo Lakio
September 3rd, 2006, 05:55 PM
Toasted garlic bagel with cream cheese, crispy bacon, orange juice.

helen
September 6th, 2006, 08:47 AM
A bottle of Mountain Dew from a vending machine.

blueyecicle
September 6th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Pancakes and strawberries and milk.....

Maybe I should start trying the mountain dew breakfast...seems to be popular! :p

SusieMisajon
September 6th, 2006, 06:48 PM
I'll be waking the kids for school in a few minutes. We'll be having hot oatmeal porrige with cinnamon sgar and raspberry jam on it, and single cream to pour on top. With orange juice to drink.

christa
September 7th, 2006, 06:46 AM
tried the new muffin at starbucks. pumpkin spice. it's good if you have them toast it a bit longer than normal and get some cream cheese. sinful.

hawaiidreamin
September 7th, 2006, 06:58 AM
Not the topic to wander into when one is hungry- My pineapple smoothie and oatmeal bkfast a faint memory :)

pzarquon
September 7th, 2006, 07:00 AM
A breakfast bento from the little shop inside 33 N. King... a 5"x10" tray with "little smokies" sausages, portuguese sausage, spam, and scrambled eggs, on a bed of white rice. Oh, and a Diet Coke.

helen
September 8th, 2006, 08:58 AM

helen
September 10th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Baked manapua, spring rolls and a bottle of water.

helen
September 11th, 2006, 08:44 AM
Tuna sandwich and a bottle of water.

localgrl
September 11th, 2006, 09:04 AM
BBQ Hot Pockets and coffee

Got2HaVKaYaNoW
September 11th, 2006, 09:17 AM
POP Corn & Coffee

Leo Lakio
September 11th, 2006, 10:06 AM
Fun to see how many people here do not restrict themselves to traditional "breakfast" foods.

Today: small bowl of Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries. (Really. Sometimes, I just want sugar-bombs.) And orange juice.

kupomog
September 11th, 2006, 03:51 PM
Apple turnover from Aala Bakery with some fat freee milk.

helen
September 12th, 2006, 08:31 AM
Tuna sandwiches and a bottle of water from the HCC Cafeteria.

blueyecicle
September 12th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Eggs and English muffins for one kids, french toast for another and toast for me...I am a freaking resteraunt today! :p

helen
September 13th, 2006, 08:47 AM

blueyecicle
September 13th, 2006, 09:22 AM
Zuchinni bread, banana bread and chocolate no bake cookies....I'm in a baking Mood! :D

SusieMisajon
September 13th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Chocolatines (like a croissant with chocolate inside) and raspberry juice.

Leo Lakio
September 13th, 2006, 11:24 AM
Chocolatines (like a croissant with chocolate inside)Are these different from pain au chocolat?

SusieMisajon
September 13th, 2006, 11:47 AM
Are these different from pain au chocolat?
Nope, it's the same thing. Puff pastry dough rolled around a stick of dark chocolate and baked. If you go over the border to Spain, there is a shop that sells the same thing, but with nutella inside the pastry...Mmmmmm!

Then, there's almond cream, too. Or pastry cream and cherries. Or bechamel with ham and cheese. Or raisins. Or chocolate chips......

SusieMisajon
September 13th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Tomorrow morning, we'll be just having plain old toast and jam and butter....but sweet, unsalted butter, the best kind.

Leo Lakio
September 13th, 2006, 12:09 PM
So, Susie, maybe you can confirm or correct what I've heard from others in France. Granted this is a generality, but still...

In a French boulangerie, if the pastries are great, the breads will be mediocre; while if the breads are fantastic, the pastries will be of a lesser quality. It seems that the bakers can do a great job with one or the other - but not both in one shop (unless it's a big enough one to hire enough bakers to specialize.)

What's been your experience?

SusieMisajon
September 13th, 2006, 12:24 PM
True.

This is a very small town I live in...less than five thousand people, and that includes all the farms and outlying villages...and we have five bakeries, six if you include the one at the supermarket, and also two pastry shops.

If you want good bread, you go to one or the other, depending if you want whole grain, baguette, or sourdough. For a fancy cake to take to Granny's on Sunday you go to another one. A special yummy pastry, yet another. Even better pastry, or special gourmet chocolate, yet another.

If you don't like the baker or if his wife has insulted you, there are others. One gives candies to the kids, if they're the ones fetching the loaf. When the credit hasn't been paid off at one, turn the corner and go to the next one....til you have no more credit there, either (at the end of the month, you can pay off the debts, and begin again). If the one that is a bit 'touchy' (he LIKES to knead things) gives you the creeps, go to the one that sings. If the one with the three little kids that touch each pastry gives you a bad taste in your mouth, go to the one with the stringy un-tied-back hair.

Lots of choice between bread and cake.

helen
September 14th, 2006, 08:50 AM

SusieMisajon
September 14th, 2006, 09:15 AM
We went apple-picking after school today, so tomorrow's breakfast will be baked apples, cream, and cinnamon toast.

Jake's Ohana
September 14th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Wuz on da go! Gobbled down a rice krispy treat and a bottle of wattah.

helen
September 15th, 2006, 08:50 AM

blueyecicle
September 15th, 2006, 08:51 AM

Man, you really dig those tuna sandwiches...
I think I am going to make me one right now ! :D

Fat Jeff
September 15th, 2006, 08:55 AM
It's Friday so I picked up some Apple Napples from Nepoleans Bakery/Zippys. It's kind of a Friday tradition at our shop and the lady at the counter said they sell more pasteries on Friday than any other day...so I guess we aren't alone.

achow
September 15th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Raisin Bran Cereal with Silk soy silk milk

Lei K
September 15th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Waffles, bacon and some orange juice.

SusieMisajon
September 15th, 2006, 07:43 PM
It's Saturday morning, and the kids are still in bed. I'm drying apples and making apple butter, so I expect that that's the menu for breakfast, maybe with some hot bread from the bakery, and sweet butter, too.

1stwahine
September 15th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Gosh Susie, It's 7:47 p.m. here in Honolulu. That Apple Butter sounds heavenly....would go great with my Toasted Sweat Bread and Hot Coco right now! :D

Auntie Lynn

SusieMisajon
September 15th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Gosh Susie, It's 7:47 p.m. here in Honolulu. That Apple Butter sounds heavenly....would go great with my Toasted Sweat Bread and Hot Coco right now! :D

Auntie Lynn
We're exactly half a world apart, Auntie, it's 7:55 am over here, and just getting light outside. You like I send you a pot of my apple butter? Can. And some dried apples, too? (sometimes I shake um in cinnamon sugar before drying....Mmmm! but makes such a mess in the dehydrator)

1stwahine
September 15th, 2006, 08:00 PM
We're exactly half a world apart, Auntie, it's 7:55 am over here, and just getting light outside. You like I send you a pot of my apple butter? Can. And some dried apples, too? (sometimes I shake um in cinnamon sugar before drying....Mmmm! but makes such a mess in the dehydrator)

You send me some apple butter, I'll send you some pineapple and coconut stuff! PM me. :)

Auntie Lynn

helen
September 21st, 2006, 08:43 AM
Chicken salad sandwich, tuna sandwich and a bottle of water.

helen
September 22nd, 2006, 08:32 AM
Chicken salad sandwich, tuna sandwich and a bottle of water.

Leo Lakio
September 22nd, 2006, 08:41 AM
Don't pose this question to Menehune Man today --- you may get t.m.i. :eek:

helen
September 23rd, 2006, 10:53 AM
About to eat a Jumbo Jack, Ultimate Cheesebugrer and drink a can of Mountain Dew.

kupomog
September 23rd, 2006, 12:48 PM
Someone threw away my raspberry shortcake tart thing from A`ala Bakery :(

So I ate 2 pieces of some frozen pizza triangles we got from Sam's Club. Drank chocolate Silk.

helen
September 24th, 2006, 10:41 AM
Sunday Brunch at the Pagoda Floating Restaurant.

blueyecicle
September 24th, 2006, 04:54 PM
a peice of my sons birthday cake...before the guests arrived!

helen
September 25th, 2006, 08:41 AM
Tuna sandwich and a bottle of Diet Coke.

helen
September 26th, 2006, 08:29 AM
Tuna sandwich and a can of Mountain Dew.

helen
September 27th, 2006, 08:57 AM

blueyecicle
September 27th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Monkey Bread and Cake..again!! :rolleyes: My other son's brithday...I may have to quit this cake for breakfast tradition...I think I am going to be sick. :D

craigwatanabe
September 27th, 2006, 09:45 AM
Stopped by Malama Market in Pahoa and picked up a cup of coffee, an ensemada (spelling?) and some salmon sushi rolls for breakfast. Yummy :)

helen
September 28th, 2006, 08:18 AM
Tuna sandwiches and a can of Mountain Dew.

Leo Lakio
September 28th, 2006, 08:28 AM
Gut bomb, a/k/a Sausage McMuffin w/hash browns & o.j. - from you-know-where.

helen
September 29th, 2006, 11:05 AM
A couple of pastries and a glass of water from a meeting room at the Sheraton Waikiki Hotel.

Just had a baked manapua that used sweet bread that a co-worker brought in.

helen
October 2nd, 2006, 09:03 AM
A bottle of Mountain Dew.

helen
October 3rd, 2006, 11:04 AM
Sipping on a can of Mountain Dew.

helen
October 4th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Bottle of Mountain Dew.

helen
October 5th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Bottle of Mountain Dew.

blueyecicle
October 5th, 2006, 10:08 AM
Homeade coffee cake and milk

craigwatanabe
October 5th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Homeade coffee cake and milk

With a bottle of Mountain Dew...Urhhhhghhhh piss break please:eek:

craigwatanabe
October 5th, 2006, 10:31 AM
I had a piece of custard pie and another and one more.

Oh and a bottle of....:confused: