Favorite Author

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite Author

My favorite auther is Dan Brown. Who is yours and why???
    backwoodlessons2

Re: Favorite Author

I still like the writing of J.R.R.Tolkien the best though there are others I enjoy too. I like the fullness of the characters and of each enviroment they're in. The good versus evil is played out in a captivating way. Plus being a hobbit's cousin doesn't hurt either. HaHa! Hey Backwoodlessons2, what has the author Dan Brown written? And why do you like his works?
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by backwoodlessons2
      My favorite auther is Dan Brown. Who is yours and why???

well, first you... tell us why ya like D.B..

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
        well, first you... tell us why ya like D.B..
        Cause da chick's name is da secret code. No matter if we are talking the first book, the popular book, or a future D.B. book, da chick's name is da secret code....trust me.

pax

Comment

Two Adams' --- Richard Adams, author of "Watership Down," and Douglas Adams, creator of "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy." They must be my favorites as I've read everything I could find by them.

Comment

Dan Brown has written Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, Deception Point, and The Digital Fortress. I have read all of them. I like to read his works because they are very suspensful.
            backwoodlessons2

Comment

I like Stephen King and Terry Brooks. Local author Lois Ann Yamanaka is also a fave because of the Hilo connection.
              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
              Flickr

Comment

It's hard to choose just one.....hmmmm....

I like Ann Rule because she writes true crime in a way that is like reading a good mystery. I like Amy Tan because she is a great storyteller, even though after awhile, it seems like she writes the same book over and over. Right now, I am on a Michener kick, and I like him because.....just because.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio
                  Two Adams' --- Richard Adams, author of "Watership Down," and Douglas Adams, creator of "The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy." They must be my favorites as I've read everything I could find by them.
                  Oh yeah, "Watership Down" is a great book. Gonna have to reread it sometime. Thanks for reminding me.
                  Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Papa John Steinbeck.

Cannery Row, one of my favorites. I read when I'm bummed. Crack up every time I get to the spot in Chapter 30, at the height of Doc's party:

"It was then that someone lit the 25-foot string of firecrackers" in the middle of the party.

I love his writing, the way he selects words and crafts sentences. I read his books over and over again, even if they're kind of sad and depressing in spots.

John Steinbeck paints movies in my mind while I read his words. I love that!
                    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Somerset Maugham is my favorite all time author but I really like Henry Miller's books as well. Of more contemporary authors I'm a fan of Elmore Leonard and Carl Hiaasen.
                      “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                      http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

hunter thompson (duh), ernest hemmingway, kurt vonnegut, the short stories of o'henry and, most recently, the irish writer roddy doyle...wanna know why? pick up a tome and figure it out for yourself...(i mean this in no way to be condescending, but it's early, i'm cranky and my vacation is still two weeks away)...

speaking of vacations, add kerouac to the above list...
                        Don't be mean,
                        try to help.

Comment

Working...
                        X