Cream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cream

attended the Cream dvd release party last nite at da pipe. Very cool vid.
    Shot thru a few nites May 2005 at the Royal Albert Hall. Ginger, Jack, Eric still in top form. great to see and hear all those tunes I grew up with and caught the day the albums were released way back then.

Re: Cream

Originally posted by kimo55
    attended the Cream dvd release party last nite at da pipe. Very cool vid.
    Shot thru a few nites May 2005 at the Royal Albert Hall. Ginger, Jack, Eric still in top form. great to see and hear all those tunes I grew up with and caught the day the albums were released way back then.

KIMO!
    One of the guys at work brought this in and we watched it in the conference room where there is a great Bose sound system. OK. So you might be a year or two older than me, but, when I was watching this, I was thinking how good Eric Clapton looked, how painfully polite and still the audience was. But, the drummer looked like he needed an oxygen tank and the bassist was certainly looking long in the tooth. They didn't look that good. They looked like they had done a helluva lot of hard liquor, hard women and psycho drugs!
    It was a well done production, so I say if you're a Cream fan, then this is a fine DVD to have.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

a lady friend of mine attended the show and said the same thing lavagal did: that they looked really old...i believe the way she put it was "how long has ginger baker been dead?"
      Don't be mean,
      try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
        They didn't look that good.
        uh, they didn't look WHAT good!?
        They looked like they had done a helluva lot of hard liquor, hard women and psycho drugs!
        yeaaaa.... soooo....?

lissen. these guys produced much of the what is now known as classic rock which was released in 1966 to 1970... sorry to say it but:
        "do the math".

also this was the era and that was the mileu for the aforementioned activities. so no surprises here!

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
          a lady friend of mine attended the show and said the same thing lavagal did: that they looked really old...i believe the way she put it was "how long has ginger baker been dead?"
          I just hope I am that active and talented when I am that "dead".

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal
            They looked like they had done a helluva lot of hard liquor, hard women and psycho drugs!
            Having survived the rock and roll biz from those days, I can testify that you got those last two wrong. It should be "hard drugs and psycho women."
            Trust me.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
              I just hope I am that active and talented when I am that "dead".

At this rate, you'll be quite the spunky ole fart with a twinkle in your eye. Power to ya, dude.
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                Having survived the rock and roll biz from those days, I can testify that you got those last two wrong. It should be "hard drugs and psycho women."
                Trust me.
                I stand corrected. And I agree. After the Steely Dan concert last spring, we were driving by the front of the NBC where the stretch SUV was picking up the stars. Along side it were two professional groupie chicks, who obviously had experience chasing rock stars and doing things with rock stars. They looked like they had been doing that sort of thing since 1974. It was actually a tragic scene to behold.
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by jdub
                  a lady friend of mine attended the show and said the same thing lavagal did: that they looked really old.
                  Couple of years ago when the Rolling Stones were here, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards had dinner at Roy's in Hawaii Kai. Several folks told me they were shocked that the guys were very well behaved, conservatively dressed, and had a quiet dinner and conversation.
                  I noted that it had been quite a while since one could really expect them to grab waitresses or start bar brawls, etc.
                  Sort of.

But ya know, there are a helluva lot of rockers from the '60s and '70s who are still performing and are still 'superstars' (for whatever that title is worth). Makes me wonder which of today's young musicians will still be performing (or even remembered) when they're 60+ years old.
                  Food for a new thread, methinks.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui
                    Makes me wonder which of today's young musicians will still be performing (or even remembered) when they're 60+ years old.
                    Food for a new thread, methinks.
                    I remember Mint Bisquik.

Comment

Great to see (and hear) Clapton play some amazing solos on the Cream DVD--so much better than his middle of the road junk of the last 20 years or so.

Comment

Eric Clapton is still amazing. And seeing him live in concert is a religious experience.

Comment

that's why they usta say
                          clapton is god

http://clapton.onecom.com/biography.htm

Comment

(clapton pis dog)

http://www.stratcollector.com/images...lapton/god.gif

Comment

"that's why they usta say
                              clapton is god"

Exactly! Although Eric Clapton probably thought that that was silly back then.

I remember running home every day after school to play my Yardbirds album. He really has had an amazing career, and no, I really don't think that anyone now can ever sustain the kind of longevity that he and his peers have. No brag, just fact.

Comment

Working...
                              X