Motley Crue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motley Crue

They play the Blaisdell on December 14. Anybody going?

Re: Motley Crue

I'm seriously thinkin' about it.

Don't care much for their new material though. Hopefully they'll do mostly the classics.

Surprised they weren't booked at Anna Banana's or Pipeline Cafe.

Thought about going to the Eagles too, but I think it's sold out.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
      Surprised they weren't booked at Anna Banana's or Pipeline Cafe. .
      Anna's. hmmm 150 cap max.

Nooo, i dunthingsewwww...

Pipe. hmmmm.. 1200 cap max. hmmmm... noooo, Idunnnthing....
      M.C.'s deposit would far exceed the total revenue generated at a smaller club. No, H.I.C. would be the smallest they would wanna do.

Comment

I'd go if I were there. I'm a 80s Glam Rock geek. I'll be back home a month too late for it though.
        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe
          They play the Blaisdell on December 14. Anybody going?
          Not this tutu! However, should Raul Midon come to town...I am sooooo there! Kem, too. And, definitely...Joss Stone! I'll leave Motley Crue to you younguns!

Comment

Darkest Side of the Hawaiian Moon

Wouldn't the title of this post make a great name for a local Pink Floyd tribute band? Me thinks!

Anyway, with all these big 70's and 80's rock bands coming in the next few months, this has me longing to hope that some how, some way a promoter could bring PINK FLOYD here! Man how that would ROCK! I'd be willing to pay big $$$ to see them!

And none of this Blaisdell Arena stuff.. let's talk Aloha Stadium! Like booked 3 shows solid, easy!

Any Pink Floyd fans out there, I highly recommend you pick up PULSE. A live concert video produced about 10 years ago at Earl's Court in London, England. Features David Gilmour and gang at their absolute BEST! Much better than Delicate Days of Thunder. Features all their work, including the entire Dark Side of the Moon cover, up to Division Bell. My fav' on that's gotta be Gilmour rippin out "Cut You Into Little Pieces".
            ROCKS!
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Yup, I'm going and also The Eagles.

Comment

As long as they don't do any of Tommy Lee's new songs they should be alright.
                TOMMY LEE sucks( but so does Pam ) as a solo artist.
                Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                Flickr

Comment

So, how was it?

It was late and I was groggy, but I think I remember someone saying something about midgets and demented lesbian nurses handling fluid-ejecting marital aids... Guess that means it was a good show!

Ah. Here's an Advertiser write-up. Whee!

Comment

A root canal would be more enjoyable.

Comment

Here's Jason G's write-up in the Honolulu Star-Bulletin.
                      After blazing through "Shout at the Devil" and "Too Fast for Love," lead singer Vince Neil paused long enough to ask the Blaisdell Arena crowd, "Who was here the last time we were here?" Judging by the enthusiastic response, a majority had returned after 15 years for one more night with Neil and bandmates Tommy Lee, Mick Mars and Nikki Sixx. Only this time they brought their kids, and the show wasn't sold out.

Comment

I had a great time. Scrivener is a great concert buddy.

The thing about the Crue is that you know exactly what you're going to get when you see them. And they didn't disappoint. I would have been more surprised if there weren't strippers and midgets. When they played the opening chords of "Dr. Feelgood", I thought to myself, "A ha! The strippers are going to come out in naughty nurse get-ups now". And they did.

Vince's voice is really, really bad, though. He was never Pavarotti but he really needs a voice coach at this stage.
                        Last edited by Kilinahe; December 16, 2005, 07:41 AM. Reason: oops

Comment

Originally posted by Kilinahe
                          [...]Vince's voice is really, really bad, though. He was never Pavarotti but he really needs a voice coach at this stage.
                          If he didn't have one early on then what you might've been listening to is irreversible damage. Just a guess!

Comment

A more detailed review after I hibernate for a few days. I can't believe how tired I am!

Anyway, yeah, Vince's voice was thrashed, but then again it was the last show of an eleven-month tour, so I'm cutting him some slack until the next time.
                            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

If you missed the concert, don't fret (even on the fretboard). The Carnival of Sins tour is available on DVD...
                              http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...v=glance&n=130

In the meantime, I'll be awaiting Scrivener's review in all its detailed, uncensored glory. I'm just shocked Scrivener actually went to that. Now that's what I call a cool sensei!
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                              X