2004-2005 Prius recalled for software glitch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004-2005 Prius recalled for software glitch

It probably won't cause many accidents, and it's really not equipment failure per se, but there is a glitch in the software that switches the Prius engine from electric to gas that might cause the engine to die. So Toyota is voluntarily issuing a recall for Priuses built between late 2003-2005.

Bugs in software that is now installed in all new vehicles will probably become as common as the bugs in Microsoft software.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: 2004-2005 Prius recalled for software glitch

Originally posted by Miulang
    It probably won't cause many accidents, and it's really not equipment failure per se, but there is a glitch in the software that switches the Prius engine from electric to gas that might cause the engine to die. So Toyota is voluntarily issuing a recall for Priuses built between late 2003-2005.

Bugs in software that is now installed in all new vehicles will probably become as common as the bugs in Microsoft software.

Miulang

<sponteneous tinikling dance groove when talking about hybrid vehicles>

I am immensely attracted to hybrid autos, the same way I am attracted to those intense roller coaster rides that employ "free fall" as its main feature.

Immense attraction, yes. Gutsy enough to ride one? Nopenotyetnuhuh. I *really* wanted to get a hybrid Toyota Highlander. Kiddie hauling issues dictate our needs for a minivan, but there isn't one on the market yet. Even though sitting in the third row bench in a Highlander is akin to sitting on a curb, it really was appealing to me.

But I didn't go through with it. Because I cannot quite tuck my guts into a vehicle that doesn't *start up*, but must be {{{booted up}}}. Our ancestors might have felt the same way about the Eidsel.

Now, if the OS under the hood was a Mac....

pax

Comment

Working...
    X