Fisherman's Wharf Closing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fisherman's Wharf Closing?

I heard that the Fisherman's Wharf restaurant is closing or moving. Is this true? Although it's been awhile, I used to go there.
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: Fisherman's Wharf Closing?

again, as we cover in the restaurant closing threads; this is one major reason it is closing. People stop patronizing the place.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
      again, as we cover in the restaurant closing threads; this is one major reason it is closing. People stop patronizing the place.
      Huh? What is "one major reason that the restaurant is closing"? Ahh, "people stop patronizing the place". Well, why aren't people patronizing the place? And would you mind linking to the restaurant closing threads?
      Your post is negative in my mind, but since I found that someone with a "negative reputation" couldn't contribute to Reputation scores, I'm saying it out in the open.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickyrab
        Huh? What is "one major reason that the restaurant is closing"? Ahh, "people stop patronizing the place". Well, why aren't people patronizing the place? And would you mind linking to the restaurant closing threads?
        Your post is negative in my mind, but since I found that someone with a "negative reputation" couldn't contribute to Reputation scores, I'm saying it out in the open.

Never had a meal there worth remembering. Went maybe twice. While its real estate was quite choice, it's food was mediocre, mediocre, mediocre. With all the new development going on around it, including across the street at Ward Warehouse, the time has come to raze the place.
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Huh? What is "one major reason that the restaurant is closing"? Ahh, "people stop patronizing the place". Well, why aren't people patronizing the place?

they are choosing to frequent the many multinational/mainland corporate chain restaurants instead, that are innundating our lill island. That is an educated guess and based on feedback.
          aside from that, I am not privy to why many others choose no longer to go there.
          And would you mind linking to the restaurant closing threads?
          yes.
          Your post is negative in my mind,
          I care not what occurs in your mind
          but since I found that someone with a "negative reputation" couldn't contribute to Reputation scores, I'm saying it out in the open.

da hell....?!

Comment

The closing is probably due in part if not whole on the proposed large scale development for the a major portion of the Kakaako Waterfront arrea that was recently approved by the HCDA.

http://www.hcdaweb.org/index.cfm?section=news13

Also see these stories:

A & B to Develop Kakaako Waterfront

$650M Kakaako Project Unveiled
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

they are choosing to frequent the many multinational/mainland corporate chain restaurants instead, that are innundating our lill island. That is an educated guess and based on feedback.
              aside from that, I am not privy to why many others choose no longer to go there.

yes.

I care not what occurs in your mind

da hell....?!
              Look at the FAQ...

I apologize. That wasn't very nice, but the solicitation of "negative" scores, without explaining why, on my previous comments got on my nerves. Sometimes, being more articulate about what you mean goes a long way towards facilitating discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
                The closing is probably due in part if not whole on the proposed large scale development....
                the development is going forward in large part because of the turn of events surrounding the whole area, the restaurant, the plans (and apathy) the owners of the restaurant have, and many other seeminingly disparate but connected events...
                Look at the FAQ...

I apologize. That wasn't very nice,
                the FAQ wasn't very nice?
                huh!?
                da hell ya tawkin bout?

Comment

the development is going forward in large part because of the turn of events surrounding the whole area, the restaurant, the plans (and apathy) the owners of the restaurant have, and many other seeminingly disparate but connected events...
                  the FAQ wasn't very nice?
                  huh!?
                  da hell ya tawkin bout?
                  The FAQ explains the reputation system. I wasn't trying to make it an example of "nice" or "not nice"!

Thanks for the explanation.

Comment

All I wanna' know is:

1.) Before or when Fisherman's Wharf closes, who can hook me up with some of the memorabilia from the restaurant. It might be worth lots of money on eBay.

and

2.) How's their steak and lobster?

sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

You know, except for a field trip in elementary school that included the Glass Bottom Boat, I've never set foot inside Fisherman's Wharf. Whatever its target market was, I don't think I was included. It was a landmark for giving directions, but that's about it.

Comment

Casper's Fish N' Chips

Oh also, any ghost stories about Fisherman's Wharf?

It's really old and near a boat harbor. Always a formula for that kinda' stuff.
                        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Follow Him My Lord to Fisherman's Wharf

The girls of the group FORTE originally met each other at Fisherman's Wharf in the upstairs Karaoke Lounge.

That's the only trivia I can provide top-of-mind. Heard about that many times in interviews with them.
                          Last edited by Pomai; October 16, 2005, 05:47 PM. Reason: Trivial Error that needed correcting
                          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: Follow Him My Lord to Fisherman's Wharf

Originally posted by Pomai
                            The girls of the group FORTE originally met each other at Fisherman's Wharf in the upstairs Karaoke Lounge.

That's the only trivia I can provide top-of-mind. Heard about that many times in interviews with them.
                            That was Al Waterson's gig for years. Eventually it was cut back from 2 nights a week (Fri. & Sat.) to one night as patronage fell off downstairs. Eventually Al relocated to Don Ho's Island Grill where he's remained for about 3 years, hosting a successful singing contest (a la karaoke!) every Sunday night. Al's wife, Nancy, managed Forte and when she's available, helps keep me in line during my casting sessions! And, if I've been a real good girl I sometimes get to judge the contest!

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                              All I wanna' know is:

1.) Before or when Fisherman's Wharf closes, who can hook me up with some of the memorabilia from the restaurant. It might be worth lots of money on eBay.
                              lazy.
                              mercenary.

Comment

Working...
                              X