Need help choosing songs for bday event

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help choosing songs for bday event

Of course, I'm not a DJ, but my Mom said that there won't be any "professional entertainment" at my Dad's bday party, but we will have karaoke (it is just me, or does every filipino family have one?) but I need some ideas on some music to play during the dinner. So far, I have various Adult Contemporary music (think KSSK or Krater 96) but also I'll need some music to keep the young ones entertained also.

I'll be playing it from my ipod (if I had a smaller computer, then I'd use that) so the selection must last long.

Any ideas?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Need help choosing songs for bday event

I promise to give you an excellent list if you promise you won't be downloading the tunes illegally. Deal?
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener
      I promise to give you an excellent list if you promise you won't be downloading the tunes illegally. Deal?
      most admirable, this anti-piracy policy of yours, man...
      Don't be mean,
      try to help.

Comment

we do like to entertain here at our house and during dinner we always like to put on some jazz. A nice mix of instrumental jazz and some with vocals. Its smooth, delightful and easy to converse over.

Comment

Play a good mix of some local music.....Classics like Kalapana, C&K,IZ,Na Leo, etc. The young and toung at heart will love it!
          Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
          Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
            we will have karaoke (it is just me, or does every filipino family have one?)
            My girlfriend is Filipino. She HAD to have one. No ifs, and or buts. So she went out and bought one, plus a whole library of Karaoke VCD's.

We find the most versatile, make-everybody-happy and feel-good party music is to simply tune the radio to KINE 105.1FM or 99.5FM for some good ole classic and contemporary music of Hawaii. Commercials don't bother since we're all talking anyway. Never had a complaint. Even the kids enjoy it.

When it's time for the youngin'z to shake it, pop in the iTunes booty grooves.

Black Eyed Peas is quite popular.
            Last edited by Pomai; October 18, 2005, 01:21 PM. Reason: Her Humps, My Heart
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
              My girlfriend is Filipino. She HAD to have one. No ifs, and or buts. So she went out and bought one, plus a whole library of Karaoke VCD's.

We find the most versatile, make-everybody-happy and feel-good party music is to simply tune the radio to KINE 105.1FM or 99.5FM for some good ole classic and contemporary music of Hawaii. Commercials don't bother since we're all talking anyway. Never had a complaint. Even the kids enjoy it.

When it's time for the youngin'z to shake it, pop in the iTunes booty grooves.

Black Eyed Peas is quite popular.
              OT: Hey did you know that APL from Black Eyed Peas is half-filipino/half-black?

Doc... what kinda music does your dad like? Play that ... it's HIS birthday.

Comment

Perhaps an idea would be to show your Mom a list of what songs you have or have her help you with the song selections. She probably knows what your Dad likes the best. If you need help with a list of oldies, PM me and I can provide you with a possible list.
                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Also, you must play Happy Birthday.
                  backwoodlessons2

Comment

Working...
                  X