Commander in Chief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commander in Chief

Any comments about Commander in Chief on ABC? I didn't see the beginning of the series so I am kind of wondering why the Speaker of the House is trying to undermine the President by asking her cabinet to resign.

Re: Commander in Chief

I only watched the premiere epsiode of this series... and if I remember correctly...

The president died in office.
    The president asked the VP to step down. She was only on the ticket to get votes.
    Of course she did not resign.

She is an "independent" and not a member of either major party as I recall.

The Speaker is a Republican and the Pres. was one too. This is kind of a scifi show in that the setting is somewhere after the 2008 presidential election. I remember in the premiere they mentioned President Bush and VP Cheney.

I am watching way too much TV this fall season, so after one viewing I decided to stop watching this show. Looks like it will be a success for ABC and pundits are already saying this is a veiled election vehicle for Sen. Hillary Clinton.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Helen I've been watching the show. I enjoy it thus far. It came out yesterday that Donald Sutherland's character wants to be president himself.
      I guess it is an interesting thought, What if the U S had a woman for president someday? Hhmmmm
      www.myspace.com/cc_splace http://www.heavenlyrainbows.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by junebloom
        Helen I've been watching the show. I enjoy it thus far. It came out yesterday that Donald Sutherland's character wants to be president himself.
        Yea and he asked her COS to be his VP!

In this ep Mac hosts her first Summit with the Russian Prez and his wife attending. At the end of the ep they end up dancing together against the advice of her staff.
        Lovena

Comment

Last night's episode (12/6) was a repeat of the first episode. I hope the next two weeks are repeats so I can catch up.

Comment

Geena Davis, sadly, will be a one-season (rather than one-term) president, falling short of the seven-season, two-term record of Martin Sheen on "The West Wing" (which bid its final farewell recently). "Commander in Chief" was dropped by ABC this week, although there may be a two-hour TV movie put together to wrap things up.

Comment

It became a sacrificial lamb to American Idol when that started up its fall season, had a long hiatus which gave the casual viewer time to forget about it, and then brought it back on a different day of the week. I'm convinced NBC did the same thing to "The West Wing" by moving it to Sundays.

Network programming executives are not the brightest tools in the shed sometimes.
              http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

An episode airs on Wednesday at 9:00 pm (HST) after Lost.

Comment

I understand that last night's episode of Commander in Chief was the last episode.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
                    I understand that last night's episode of Commander in Chief was the last episode.
                    Yes it was, and it was a pretty boring episode too, sorry to say.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                    X