PDA

View Full Version : Fat Boys

backwoodlessons2
October 20th, 2005, 09:18 AM
How many people have gone to Fat Boys. Anyone go to the one in Kailua. If yes to either of the questions, have you had their garlic chicken bento. OH SO GOOD!!!

Pomai
October 20th, 2005, 09:27 AM
The one behind that liquor store near Kalihi st. right?

We went there when they first opened. HUGE portions, so they definately live up to the Fat Boys name. In fact, Garlic Chicken is what they recommended, so that's what we ordered. Not bad. Mitsuken is better though. IMO ;)

backwoodlessons2
October 20th, 2005, 10:37 AM
That's the one.

backwoodlessons2
October 23rd, 2005, 05:11 PM
nobody else has been to Fatboys????

SouthKona
October 23rd, 2005, 08:23 PM
When I hear "FatBoy", I think "Harley". If not that, then I think of the "FatBoy Icecream sandwiches" that are sold at Costco. But then again, I live in Kona .... so my references are limited :D

backwoodlessons2
February 28th, 2006, 02:13 PM
I take it that's how you got your name ;)

hawaiiguy
February 28th, 2006, 08:05 PM
On a side note: Compare the garlic chicken to that of Waiakamilo Drive Inn---I like it better there that of the Mitsuken chicken (which I just so happened to have for lunch today) or Sugoi's.

craigwatanabe
March 1st, 2006, 12:14 PM
The one behind that liquor store near Kalihi st. right?

We went there when they first opened. HUGE portions, so they definately live up to the Fat Boys name. In fact, Garlic Chicken is what they recommended, so that's what we ordered. Not bad. Mitsuken is better though. IMO ;)

If you think Mitsuken is that good you really gotta try my wife's Korean Garlic Chicken wings and drumettes. It makes Mitsuken taste like a piece of cardboard. It's that good.

Shan-n
March 7th, 2006, 09:47 PM
I eat at Fat Boys in Kailua at least once a week. They have great food. I usually get the beef stew plate or the tuna chef salad. Oh and I can't forget the yummy mushroom chicken on Wednesdays. DELICIOUS!!!