New comer to this beautiful island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New comer to this beautiful island

Aloha everyone. My names Dustin, but everyone calls me Dizzle. I am actually just visiting, wish I lived here. I'm here visiting my Mom and little sister for acouple months, chillin up in Kaneohe.

Anyways, I just wanted to say What's Up and I'm lovin' it here. It's so beautiful, I'll never forget it. Totally different from what I'm used to. I live in Kansas (yep, Land of the Oz) out in the country. We got 20 acres, got some horses, and ofcourse four-wheelers.

I noticed you guys have a lot of Lifted trucks here. Makes me mis my truck. I got a '94 fullsize Blazer with a 6" lift and 38.5" Super Swamper Boggers. I love that thing. By my house, we have this open field, that when it rains, it becomes a serious mud pit.

Where you guys go Muddin' or Offroadin' at? I imagine you guys have sand dunes and go Rock climbin' and stuff, huh?

Well, I just wanted to say what's up and possibly get to know you guys.

I really do enjoy my time being here,you people are really nice and welcoming people, everyone I've talked to has been really cool and fun to talk to.

Not too many people like that at home. We got nice people out in the country, but back in the city, people are not so nice and we have extremely crazy drivers.

So, Mahalo to your kindness and hospitality. It's much appreciated, and will not be forgotten.

Re: New comer to this beautiful island

Howzit Dizzle! Enjoy your stay here.

Comment

Aunty Em'! Aunty Em'! Toto! Toto! It's a Twister! It's a Twister!

Aloha Dustin,

So good to hear the great experiences you're having on your visit to Hawaii. Sho'sizzle Dizzle... Kaneohe in da' ha-youse, yay-YAY!

While we have our share of problems like anywhere else, Hawaii's still a very special place with lots of beautiful, wonderful people and Aloha Spirit to go around.

Be sure to take the Aloha Spirit you received here back to Kansas. Even if people don't reciprocate there, you've done your part in making the rest of our great country a better place.

How did you find HawaiiThreads.com? Just curious.

Mahalo again for that kind introduction.

Aloha,
      Pomai
      sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: Aunty Em'! Aunty Em'! Toto! Toto! It's a Twister! It's a Twister!

Originally posted by Pomai
        Be sure to take the Aloha Spirit you received here back to Kansas. Even if people don't reciprocate there, you've done your part in making the rest of our great country a better place.
        Nicely put.

Aloha, Dizzle - I've got family in Kane`ohe as well, so that's where I spend most of my time when I'm in Hawai`i (except when I'm working, which usually takes me all over O`ahu.) The Windward side is a great place to be - more comfortable (to me, at least) than, say, Waikiki, and you can spend more time interacting with people, rather than being inundated with tourist-centric activities and locations. (No dig meant to the town side folks, though; there are great places to be all over Honolulu.) Have a great visit - keep an open mind and soul, observe and learn, participate without imposing, and you'll find that "aloha spirit" can be much more than just a slogan.

Comment

I found Hawaii Threads actually through a search. I did a search on Dog the Bounty Hunter and it brought up a topic on here. I'm a pretty big fan of the show and of the Chapman's and I'd like to meet them. Especially, Leiland, he reminds me so much of one of my buddies that is stationed in Iraq. I dunno whether it's just a put on for the show, or what, but they seem like the coolest people to hang out with. I think it'd be cool to meet them.

I met acouple people from the show Lost, my mom works at St. Francis Hospital, and they film the hospital scenes there I guess. They came n filmed one day last week, and she brought me up there and I met the Doctor dude and that big guy that won the lottery.

I also went to the WWE Raw last weekend, and I met John Cena and Lita. That was pretty cool. I really haven't met any Celebrities before. I did meet Gretchen Wilson (hot country singer) when she came to Kansas, but that's it.

I really do feel welcomed here. I've traveled a lot, been to Mexico and Jamaica and all over the mainland, never felt as welcomed as I do here.

Everywhere else, I felt like a visitor, but here, I feel like I belong, kinda like I've lived here all my life.

And I definately will take the Aloha spirit with me. Also, I know you guys have a lot of history here, and i wanna learn and soak in as much as I can here, so, What books would you reccommend me getting that talks about the Hawaiian history and such.

I want to learn all i can so in 15 or 20 years from now, I can bring my kids here and share the experience with them.

Mahalo and Good Day.

Comment

Hey Dizzle,

Glad you're enjoying your stay in the islands. A great book to read about the history of the islands is "Shoal Of Time" by Gavin Daws.

Comment

Working...
            X