Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redneck Aloha

Howzit Everybody,

I stumbled across Hawaii threads while looking for some good ol' hawaiian music to download. I was born and raised on Oahu, My Mom is a beautiful hawaiian lady from Hilo. My dad is a haole guy from Kentucky. I came out very HAOLE looking (My user name Haolegirl) but I love my hawaiian heritage and culture. As a young girl my friends and their parents nicknamed me Haole girl, so I thought it was a suiting name for me. I moved away from Oahu when I was 18 and relocated to THE MOST REDNECK state I could find...........MONTANA!! I love it here. I have lived in Montana for almost 15 years now. I do visit home as often as I can afford it. I love my home in the Islands, but it breaks my heart to how packed with people Oahu has become. I feel like I can't breath. And the cane fields are being turned into Housing subdivisions in order to accomodate the ever growing population. I used to love all the Cane fields with the big A$$ cane spiders. Got some good memories of those spiders
    Anyway, I grew up mostly on the Waianae side of the Island and moved to Redhill when my mom remarried a military guy. I went to highschool at Radford high. Well, my motor mouth has officially kicked in. Great to be here looking forward to meeting some new friends possibly relatives (HA HA HA).

Re: Redneck Aloha

Aloha and Wlcome to Hawaii Threads!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Now THAT'S a real change of venue! From an island to a wide-open space - quite an adjustment that must be, still. But Montana has some absolutely gorgeous country to it; I'm especially fond of the western third of the state, from the well-known (Glacier National Park) to the tiny (Porter's Corner.)

Welcome to HT!

Comment

Aloha and welcome HaoleGirl.

West side in da hah-'YOUSE.

I hear you on the whole crowded Oahu thing. That's the only bummer. It's such a cool place to live, EVERYONE wants to move here.

Looking forward to more "hanabadda dayz" stories you have to share with us!

See ya around.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

E komo mai, Haolegirl.

I never realized how large Montana was until I had to drive all the way across it to get from New Jersey to Seattle. Took us almost 3 full days! We stopped in Butte, Billings and Missoula, encountered some wicked snowstorms (this was around New Year) and very beautiful scenery.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X