Rosa Parks 1913 - 2005

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosa Parks 1913 - 2005

RIP Rosa Parks! The lady had spunk and believed in what she thought was right. It changed a Nation.

Rest in peace, Dear Rosa Parks.
    Rest in Peace!

Lynn V.
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Re: Rosa Parks 1913 - 2005

A courageous woman.

It seems almost absurd now, but it's still a clear part of my memory ... black people with their separate drinking fountains, toilets, balconies in movie theatres ... and sitting in the back of a bus, or even standing there despite plenty of vacant seats in the front.

Well done, indeed, Rosa Parks!

Comment

...and the battle rages on without her; we are richer for her bravery.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
        A courageous woman.

It seems almost absurd now, but it's still a clear part of my memory ... black people with their separate drinking fountains, toilets, balconies in movie theatres ... and sitting in the back of a bus, or even standing there despite plenty of vacant seats in the front.

Well done, indeed, Rosa Parks!
        I, too, remember that era and Rosa Parks' bravery. I thank my lucky stars for being raised in a home where comments about the color of people's skin related only to their summer tans!

Quite a gal, that Rosa. She's proof that one person can make a difference.

Comment

My mom happened to come over yesterday and we got to talking about her...both she and my father knew her pretty well. She was really a nice person. A very sweet lady and she liked young people. I met her a few times when I was younger because my father worked in the Fed building in Detroit (probation officer then later as chief of probation). Once when I was 16, I went work with my Dad and got my moon time along with a severe case of cramps, so I had to go to the lounge to lay down and she took the time to fuss over me a bit with wet paper towels for my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe
            My mom happened to come over yesterday and we got to talking about her...both she and my father knew her pretty well. She was really a nice person. A very sweet lady and she liked young people. I met her a few times when I was younger because my father worked in the Fed building in Detroit (probation officer then later as chief of probation). Once when I was 16, I went work with my Dad and got my moon time along with a severe case of cramps, so I had to go to the lounge to lay down and she took the time to fuss over me a bit with wet paper towels for my head.
            Wow! To have known the living legend is remarkable. To be taken care by her, even for that mere minutes is priceless...

Thank you for sharing. Chicken skin!

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

My younger sister knew her better than I did because after high school I went off into the Air Force and she went to work for the bankrupcy courts as a secretary in same the Fed building....'course she also got a rose from the 'Don of Detroit'...made her paranoid for weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe
                [...] I met her a few times when I was younger because my father worked in the Fed building in Detroit (probation officer then later as chief of probation). Once when I was 16, I went work with my Dad and got my moon time along with a severe case of cramps, so I had to go to the lounge to lay down and she took the time to fuss over me a bit with wet paper towels for my head.
                Ok...I'm officially envious! I've met more famous people than I care to admit to. I would've given up meeting all of them in exchange for meeting Rosa Parks just once.

Comment

Heh...at the time all I was doing was curling up in a ball and answering,

"Yes Mrs Parks"...

"No Mrs Parks"....

"Thank you Mrs Parks"....

...*~urg~*....

I had seen her off and on since I was real young and I don't think I made the connection that she was 'THAT' Mrs. Parks until I was watching something with my Dad one day years later and he said how soft spoken she was and other stuff.

After I get finished with the stuff I have coming up...and if I remember (I have a memory like Echer's stairways)....I'll see if my Mom has any of my Dad's old office party pics left (promotions, Christmas and the like), Mrs. Parks might have been in a couple backgrounds....dunno.

I'm not positive she has any left though...because when my Dad passed away in '99 she gave all the office pics to his friend from the office. If she does have any it'd be the random 'shoot at the room and see who you get' type pics.

Warning though...it may not be until after New Years or later that I can do 'photo suitcase' look through. Depends on how things go with my kid.

Comment

Working...
                  X