Look! Up in the sky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look! Up in the sky

For the last 10 to 15 (roughly 3:10pm HST) minutes there are high altitude jets leaving some interesting contrails in the sky over Oahu.

Re: Look! Up in the sky

I was wondering what got me up! I though it was the Micro Dots again! LOL

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by helen
      For the last 10 to 15 (roughly 3:10pm HST) minutes there are high altitude jets leaving some interesting contrails in the sky over Oahu.
      Oh, so that explains the streaks in the sky I seen this afternoon.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
        Oh, so that explains the streaks in the sky I seen this afternoon.
        Duh!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I saw one and took a picture of it.

Strange yeah ? Did any one hear on the news what is going on ?

Comment

There's a whacky weather guy in Idaho who believes the government is manipulating the weather through the use of contrails to slow global warming through "global dimming".

http://www.journalnet.com/articles/2.../opinion04.txt
            * I would be most content if my children grew up to be the kind of people who think decorating consists mostly of building enough bookshelves. *
            - Anna Quindlen

Comment

Originally posted by U'ilani
              There's a whacky weather guy in Idaho who believes the government is manipulating the weather through the use of contrails to slow global warming through "global dimming".

http://www.journalnet.com/articles/2.../opinion04.txt
              Or it could be flights coming in from Asia landing Kona
              GO WARRIORS!!

Comment

One set of contails was circling overhead. Two sets where heading westward.

Comment

it's dem crop circles in da sky, ya know dem aliens are a comin' Quick hide the children Martha!!!
                  Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

When we visited Waimea Canyon on Kauai, I noticed spiral cork screw contrails dotted the sky above. No sound of jets or sonic booms though.

Perhaps they're testing the Aurora hypersonic X-plane project out of Barking Sands Air Base?

Or it could be just atmospheric conditions in that area whic cause standard commercial jets to leave these types of contrails (condensation trails).

Here's some quick trivia: McDonald Douglas' YF-23 lost to Boeing/Lockheed Martin's YF-22 to replace the F-15 due to higher production costs and EXCESSIVE CONTRAIL generated off the wing tips.

Man, the YF-23 sure LOOKED cool though.
                    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                      When we visited Waimea Canyon on Kauai, I noticed spiral cork screw contrails dotted the sky above. No sound of jets or sonic booms though.

Perhaps they're testing the Aurora hypersonic X-plane project out of Barking Sands Air Base?

Or it could be just atmospheric conditions in that area whic cause standard commercial jets to leave these types of contrails (condensation trails).

Here's some quick trivia: McDonald Douglas' YF-23 lost to Boeing/Lockheed Martin's YF-22 to replace the F-15 due to higher production costs and EXCESSIVE CONTRAIL generated off the wing tips.

Man, the YF-23 sure LOOKED cool though.
                      I wonder who slept with who to grab that bid! Yeah that 23 did look cool. But didn't Boeing buy out McDonald Douglas?

My friend who is an engineer at Boeing told me that when they acquired the DC-9 they simply revamped and renamed it the 717 or the plane that Hawaiian is currently flying. So in the end it was Boeing after all.
                      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                        More likey it was a jet going from Oahu to Japan, I heard that they fly over the north shore of Kauai.

Comment

Man Spots UFO "Disguised as a Cloud" Hovering Over His Row House (msn.com)

It's too cloudy to tell.

Comment

Green comet will swing by Earth for the first time in 50,000 years | National | kitv.com

Don't try to catch a ride on the this comet.

Comment

Working...
                            X