Clear All

• Where's uncle frank?

Frank Fasi that is.

Where is he?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Where's uncle frank?

who cares?!
    he destroyed the Queen's Surf.
    and I am happy he is not in the limelight.

Comment

They put him in cold storage and he will be thawed when needed again for cloning or other stuff.
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

or when another election begins to gt too boring and we need some goofy entertainment...

Comment

I never cared for Frank Fasi while he was in office with all the shenanigans he pulled, but the guy had a lot of guts and the smarts and he made it all work getting himself elected Mayor of Honolulu for 22 years, and I have to admire him for that. He became 86 years young in August.

Comment

Originally posted by kimo55
            or when another election begins to gt too boring and we need some goofy entertainment...
            Hawai`i elections get boring? Is that because all politicians, regardless of party affiliation, appear to be equally corrupt? (Yeah - like that's unique to Hawai`i...)

Comment

I loved Frank. I have little trust and faith in politicians as a class, but it's a bonus if they can at least also be decisive and occasionally entertaining. The man spoke his mind, damn the torpedos. Even when he called environmentalists "wackos" and attacked the gay rights movements (both moves that would generally offend me personally), I chuckled more than growled.

Building up TheBus, stomping the T-shirt vendor plague in Waikiki, rescuing Hanauma Bay, pushing affordable housing, building satellite City Halls, backing mass transit... and as icing on the cake, a tendency to get a little wacky and make entertaining headlines now and then.

His time has passed, and I can say I don't think he can or should return to public service... but compared to the debacles that followed, I have to say I miss those days.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                His time has passed, and I can say I don't think he can or should return to public service... but compared to the debacles that followed, I have to say I miss those days.
                Yeah, I never did hear any stories about him such as what just came out about the legislator copping a feel of a sleeping passenger sitting next to him on a flight.
                Frank was pretty straight-forward, like him or not. Oahu has a relatively great bus service, thanks to Frank.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKona
                  Yeah, I never did hear any stories about him such as what just came out about the legislator copping a feel of a sleeping passenger sitting next to him on a flight.
                  Frank was pretty straight-forward, like him or not. Oahu has a relatively great bus service, thanks to Frank.

And you probably never heard any stories about occurrences of domestic abuse every time he lost an election, or so I heard from someone who had heard that someone had heard he had.
                  Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

The legislator I was referring to was just CONVICTED, hardly "just a rumor".

Comment

Originally posted by SouthKona
                      The legislator I was referring to was just CONVICTED, hardly "just a rumor".

Sure was. For goodness sake! If you're gonna persue a career in politics, keep your hands to yourself, don't unzip anyone's fly, let alone your own! Talk about a lapse in judgment!
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

This could perhaps be the topic of a new thread:
                        "Logical excuses why you unzipped the next-seat passenger's pants".
                        Only problem is, I can't think of a single logical excuse!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon
                          I loved Frank. I have to say I miss those days.
                          anyone who destroys a locally (and nationally) well loved Waikiki landmark, esp. based on a personal grudge, deserves derision and will lose alotta points in my book. what he did was not pono.

Comment

Working...
                          X