No announcement yet.

How much do you spend on lunch weekly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much do you spend on lunch weekly?

I just realized that I spent close to $60 on lunch alone last week. After my first class, I just walk down to Zippy's and just use my debit card and order. That means, that for October, I probably spent about $200 on lunch!

The card is staying at home, no matter how hungry I get, but I'm sure other people spent more just on lunch.
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: How much do you spend on lunch weekly?

Originally posted by doc1456
    I just realized that I spent close to $60 on lunch alone last week. After my first class, I just walk down to Zippy's and just use my debit card and order. That means, that for October, I probably spent about $200 on lunch!

The card is staying at home, no matter how hungry I get, but I'm sure other people spent more just on lunch.
    I feel your pain. I spend way too much just on lattes.

Comment

I usually just eat whatever we have at home, but on certain days between classes I go to Zippy's to get either a drink, or a drink and a burger. I doubt I spend more than $10 a week on lunch. I get $20 from my mom whenever I run out and I usually don't run out for 3 weeks. It helps that I often don't eat lunch, too...
      myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Avg. $1.50 to $2.50/work day (home lunch).

This is where buying food in bulk at Costco or Sam's can really save you on meal expenses.

Which really just saves us more money to splurge at restaurants over the wekend.

But yup. Zippy's has gotten' a bit pricey in comparison to the avg. take-out joints.
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Probably just under $50/week; working in downtown Seattle, there are a lot of great lunch choices, and it's usually the biggest meal of my day - plus, it gets me away from my desk for an hour.

Comment

About four dollars a day, with an extra three for a dessert beer.

Comment

Originally posted by Albert
              an extra three for a dessert beer.
              Beer? For dessert??? Good lord, what is wrong with you?!?!?

Beer is one of the basic food groups, and should be a regular part of your dietary requirements - not just an occasional treat.

Comment

Just the price of groceries. I don't have time to go out for lunch so during down time when I'm at home, I cook in quantity and freeze. That's kept in the office freezer. A refridge/freezer and microwave in the office is equally as important as my videocamera, dvd burner and computer!

Comment

Same here. The price of groceries.

I used to always get takeout but I have been cooking a lot in the past year. I usually have leftover dinner for lunch.

I think I save on gas too because I don't have to go get lunch on the weekdays.

Comment

"Beer is one of the basic food groups, and should be a regular part of your dietary requirements - not just an occasional treat."

Well, if you have one for dessert after breakfast, lunch and dinner, surely meeting your daily requirements. Especially when we are talking a 40oz bottle.

Comment

Working...
                    X