New Report Cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Report Cards

Read in this morning's Advertiser, this story on the new report cards for Elem. schools. It says that the HSTA is not happy about the new cards. IMO... not only is your child being graded, but so is the teacher.
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: New Report Cards

The new report cards suck. They look just like job performance appraisal forms.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
      The new report cards suck. They look just like job performance appraisal forms.
      They are......For the Teachers! Why do you think HSTA is against them? .

Flickr

Comment

Report cards are not about teachers, they are supposed to be about the students. I want to know how my kid is doing. If the principal wants to know how the teacher is doing, then do a separate appraisal, don't go and muck up my kid's report card with bureaucratic bullshit.

Alohabear, I know you're down on the teachers, but I am down on the #$%@ DOE bureaucracy that thinks grading kids like they're employees is a good idea.

Comment

I hate them. They're the most utterly useless, doublespeak-laden, bureaucratic pieces of paper ever produced. They perform absolutely no function whatsoever.

Comment

I read that Advertiser article a little closer, and it's clear now that the new report cards should be blamed on NCLB and the whole damned standard-based curriculum idea.

Comment

And now DOE is backpedaling and saying that the new format is optional. (Read it in in the Advertiser and the Star-Bulletin.) At least they're listening to the criticisms and attempting to respond. That's something.

Comment

Originally posted by Glen Miyashiro
                And now DOE is backpedaling and saying that the new format is optional. (Read it in in the Advertiser and the Star-Bulletin.) At least they're listening to the criticisms and attempting to respond. That's something.
                Da Union made thm do it.... When are adminatrators going to learn they have a UNION too? They not in HSTA anymore... They HGEA! They don't owe thier former teaching peers NOTHING because they decided to BETTER themselves. The DOE leadership needs to get a spine and SHOW leadership ... Stick to your guns HAMAMOTO!

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                X