help for birthday lunch/dinner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help for birthday lunch/dinner

we will be in oahu staying in waikiki (will travel for food) week before thanksgiving for my husband's birthday.

where can we go that will give us b-day discounts?? don't have to be fancy just good food.

thanks in advance

Re: help for birthday lunch/dinner

Aloha COCO RAMA --- if I might suggest a website to check out, where this kind of question gets asked and answered often - chowhound.com. You might get some useful answers there as well. (Not discouraging anyone here at HT from answering as well, mind you.)
    Last edited by Leo Lakio; November 3, 2005, 01:02 PM. Reason: adding link

Comment

You might also try looking at the eGullet Hawaii forum.

Comment

Happy Birthday to You... I'm Hungry Too

Last I've been there, Hanaki Japanese buffet restaurant in Manoa offered a FREE lunch to the birthday person. Must be there on day of birthday with paying guests. Lunch only. Cost about $12 per paying persons. EXCELLENT FOOD!

Hanaki Restaurant
        - Manoa
        2752 Woodlawn Dr. Suite 102
        Honolulu, HI 96822
        #(808) 988-1551

Also heard TODAI Japanese buffest restaurant in Waikiki offers FREE dinner to birthday person (with paying guests). Cost about $25/paying guest. Never been, but heard food is also excellent. Especially if you like seafood.

Todai Restaurant Waikiki

1910 Ala Moana Blvd Unit 5
        Honolulu, HI 96815
        #(808) 947-1000

Just across the street of Todai is the Wailana Coffee Shop. If not mistaken, I've seen an ad about a birthday deal there. EXCELLENT local and American diner style menu. Something for everyone. Open 24 hours.

Wailana Coffee House
        1860 Ala Moana Blvd
        Honolulu, HI 96815
        #(808) 955-1764

Also try calling..

Bubba Gump Shrimp Company
        1450 Ala Moana Suite 3253
        Honolulu, HI 96814
        #(808) 949-4867

*Please call restaurant(s) to verify. Valid I.D. required at most places.

Or, if still in the mainland, take your hubby to Farrell's for their famous "Fire Engine Siren Ice Cream" birthday experience!
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I cast a second vote for Todai, if you like Japanese style food. Their normal dinner price is somewhere around $25 per person (depending on location), so taking someone there for their birthday is a real bargain, since their meal is free. Go for dinner (lunch is slightly cheaper) because that's when they bring out the boiled King Crab legs and more seafood type entrees. They have lots of food besides raw fish there, if you're worried about that.

Miulang
          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X