Best Bi Bim Bap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Bi Bim Bap

Where is your favorite? I've been searching for one. My wife says Mililani BBQ but I have to think there is something better out there.
    just started: mililaniblog.com

Re: Best Bi Bim Bap

My house! Seriously, the dol sot bibimpap at Choi's Garden on Rycroft is very good. It's the kind that comes in the super hot stone pot that creates a nice crust on the rice. The only problem is it costs $13.50 which is more than my budget allows except for splurges. I'd love to find something less expensive but still good.

Comment

Dol sot bi bim bap at Sorabol (on Keeaumoku) and Ok Cho (McCully Shopping Center) rock. It's so much better in the stone bowl.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Thanks for the advice I'll have to go check them out. Is bi bim bap a local Korean dish or one that they serve in Korea?
        just started: mililaniblog.com

Comment

I ain't got
          best bi bim bap
          but I do have;

http://www.andersonbutik.com/Merchan...L_flicka_ricka

http://65.24.76.65/sounds/televis/st...habet_song.mp3

http://myhomeoflove.tripod.com/nurse...linkinnod.html

and i got a whomp pop a loo bop a lop bam boom!

Comment

There's a place called Jay's, behind CompUsa in Kakaako. A couple of coworker buddies and I go there occasionally. My friend loves their bi bim bap, but I think the real reason he always orders it is so he has an excuse to say "bi bim bap."

Bi bim bap!

Why do the grungiest places always have the best food? I'm scared to eat there, but I can't stay away.
            Last edited by MadAzza; November 5, 2005, 11:06 AM. Reason: to pose a query

Comment

Originally posted by jkpescador
              Thanks for the advice I'll have to go check them out. Is bi bim bap a local Korean dish or one that they serve in Korea?
              Bibimbap is a traditional Korean dish and literally translated means "thrown together rice" - bi bim means to throw together and bap is rice.

Comment

Bi So Bim Gong Bap Dong

Has anyone tried SO GONG DONG (Kapiolani Blvd., across Heald) yet? What in the heck does that name mean?

Every time I drive past there in the evening it's PACKED.

Their specialty is soondubu. A sort of Korean stew. Not sure if they offer Bi Bim Bap, but most likely they do.

To my understanding, Bi Bim Bap looks like the Korean version of the Japanese Oyaku Donburi (chicken and egg on rice), except with more vegetables.

I'm pretty much mainstream: BBQ Kalbi or Meat Jun with Korean style watercress, tofu, marinated potatoes, bean sprouts and Kim Chee on the side. In that regard, the Kim Chee restaurant chain on Oahu is always a proven winner.
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: Bi So Bim Gong Bap Dong

Originally posted by Pomai
                  Has anyone tried SO GONG DONG (Kapiolani Blvd., across Heald) yet? What in the heck does that name mean?
                  So Gong Dong is a neighorhood in Seoul which borders Nam Dae Moon (great South gate) on the West - "So" means West.

Comment

Million Dollar Yakiniku or Han Yang in Kalihi!

Auntie Lynn
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
                    X