Need casting ideas for upcoming commercial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need casting ideas for upcoming commercial

This one has me baffled enough to ask for help outside the film industry! I just received a phone call from a mainland producer who is hoping to find 20-30 people on Oahu who are capable of precision and synchronized movement...eg: the wave movement similar to what happens in stadiums; synchronized movements where everyone does the exact same movements at the exact same nano-second! Coordination and timing are very important. Oddly enough, this isn't as easy as it sounds.

If this project does, in fact, come to Hawaii, we'll be looking for all ethnicities and age ranges. Cheerleaders and marching band members come to mind. Dancers and synchronized swimmers are another idea. But, the majority of people who participate in these types of activities are young. What about older folks...like me?! If any of you have additional ideas...I'm all eyes!

Ryan...if this is the wrong place for this message please feel free to move it to where it belongs!

Huge mahalos

Re: Need casting ideas for upcoming commercial

Hula dancers spring to mind immediately.

Which leads me to a silly question: If one synchronized swimmer drowns during a performance, do all the others sink (or "sync," if you prefer) along with 'em?

Comment

How about martial arts-related groups, to maybe even include Tai Chi exercise groups that practice controlled, precision routines?
      Last edited by lurkah; November 4, 2005, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Dancers come to mind, just play some music and choreograph the movements. Later on, you can wipe over the music and you now have your commercial. I know that I may have oversimplified this whole thing. I guess it's easier said than done.
        Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

maori haka dancers

Comment

I know that there are generally no formally organized tai chi groups, but I think tai chi fits the bill.

Comment

High School ROTC Drill Team!

Auntie Lynn
              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Outrigger canoe paddlers.

Check out The Movement Center--They have this incredible group of young people who have some incredible and synchronized dance moves! My kids go there!

Pineapple pickers.

A chamber full of snoring legislators.

A church gathering.

Soccer parents on the sidelines.

A queue of shoppers at the grocery store or during Christmas shopping season.
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Wow...some really creative suggestions! Especially yours, lavagal! I called the producer and rattled off all of the ideas. She was thrilled to hear that at least part of the cast might be found here. She's hoping I can find 10 snoring legislators.

Should that project come to Hawaii, finding a majority of people in the 35-70 age range will be the most difficult. I'll keep accepting suggestions! TIA.

Comment

I know of at least one afternoon aerobics class with middle-agers and senior-citizens. That might also be one way to go. Or perhaps a yoga studio. Oh, and I know there are a few Japanese cultural dance groups who could probably help you out...they seem to be ALL seniors!
                    Last edited by scrivener; November 4, 2005, 09:41 PM. Reason: "I have only come here seeking knowledge . . ."
                    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

yea lava. good idea. something out of the norm. unusual. unexpected. something that makes people enjoy watching it a few times. Intriguing. almost like. Wow. How did they do that?
                      and, or; "that'd be funny if i saw that in real life, and it probably could happen."
                      Water Cooler fodder.
                      Unforgettable commercial level stuff. But then that's what we all strive for eh?

Like actions of a lotta people seemingly discordant but at the same time, all in unison, in direction, speed, in pauses... I am reminded of a dance club scene in that dawg of a movie with eddie murphy.
                      http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0180052/

I can visualize a buncha break dancers all doing quite different stuff, then we notice them doing just slightly different moves and then they all start to slowly end up doing the same move.
                      Maybe utilising a new hybrid of locking and popping or ticking and breakdancing (see Tony Sylva)
                      Or the stuff seen in Rize
                      http://www.davidlachapelle.com/news.html

Comment

Thanks for the additional ideas...but, at this point, I'll retract my request for more ideas. It appears, according to an anonymous, red chiclet donor, that "almost every post which you write contains your business. Nobody else does that. Please consider stopping that.". While I tend to wear my red chiclets with pride, the last thing I want to do is offend the HT denizens. I am, after all, one of the newer kids on the block. If discussing my experiences or answering questions about an industry that I know a little something about within the forums "The Tube" and "Hawaii Television" is inappropriate I would like the opportunity to apologize to the offended party personally. S/he is free to PM me.

Comment

Sue, NEVER hesitate to say anything. NOthing you have offered here has to any degree been over any line of demarcation in the minds of any intelligent person. Most all of the ohana here don't want you to ever check your qty or quality or subject matter. Don't hold back. The red chiclet giver didn't. why should you? we sure as hayull don't hold back and haven't, for the most part for years, so you ought not either.
                          So motomout' away girlfreyund!

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue
                            Thanks for the additional ideas...but, at this point, I'll retract my request for more ideas. It appears, according to an anonymous, red chiclet donor, that "almost every post which you write contains your business. Nobody else does that. Please consider stopping that.". While I tend to wear my red chiclets with pride, the last thing I want to do is offend the HT denizens. I am, after all, one of the newer kids on the block. If discussing my experiences or answering questions about an industry that I know a little something about within the forums "The Tube" and "Hawaii Television" is inappropriate I would like the opportunity to apologize to the offended party personally. S/he is free to PM me.

I enjoyed your posts and hope you continue. I saw no problem with them and didn't think they crossed any line. I think you'll find that there are many people here who agree with me, and I suspect that the red-chicklet giver is a party of one.

Comment

Sue,
                              The good thing about this thread is everyone is entitled to their own opinion. The person that "red chickleted" you had their opinion. As you can see, others have followed with their own opinions which is contrary to that belief. I do not believe you were or are out of line. Put it this way, if people thought you were out of line, they would simply not respond to your posts and ignore it, that has not happened in this case. You should not be discouraged.
                              Whoa, Mista Buss Driva, eh, you can stop the buss o wat?

Comment

Working...
                              X