Do you eat to feel good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you eat to feel good?

I just realized that I eat a lot whenever I feel angry or whatnot. Tonight, I ate about 3 big bowls of chicked w/ rice and leftover fried egg from breakfast after coming home from a class lab (lets just say that computers are beginning to irritate me).

To make matters worse, I still feel hungry! Is this a problem?
    How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Re: Do you eat to feel good?

Somebody's avoiding his schoolwork …

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456
      I just realized that I eat a lot whenever I feel angry or whatnot. Tonight, I ate about 3 big bowls of chicked w/ rice and leftover fried egg from breakfast after coming home from a class lab (lets just say that computers are beginning to irritate me).

Yes. You're living to eat, not eating to live. You need to find less fattening ways to reduce your stress...go take a brisk walk around the block or something. Stress eating is the kind that can kill you.

Miulang
      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang
        Yes. You're living to eat, not eating to live. You need to find less fattening ways to reduce your stress...go take a brisk walk around the block or something. Stress eating is the kind that can kill you.

Miulang
        Always easier said than done. We all have our weaknesses, some are over-addicted to exercise, others to food, others to various illegal substances, overspending, etc. Wish there was some way to trade genes, no? I'll trade my "need-to-always-have-every-minute-of-the-day-planned-and-packed-full-of-activities" for somebody's "laid-back-go-with-da-flow" gene...

However, I agree with Miulang's advice. Now that you recognize your problem, you can find ways to avoid the temptation. My vice happens to be cheese. I absolutely can't refuse it. No matter how full I get, I find more room for the stuff. The plus for me? I'm not a big fan of sweet foods at least...

G/l to you and to everyone else fighing all those personal demons and those trying to stick to their "should do this" type resolutions/goals!

Comment

Originally posted by doc1456

You're what, 18 or 20 years old? And male? Sounds to me like your eating habits are perfectly normal.

Then again, if you're eating as a stress reliever, that can be a bad habit to get into, because as you get older you won't be able to burn it off as easily. But you've probably got about 10 years before you have to worry about that.

Or maybe you have a tapeworm.

Comment

M&M's Stew with Poi

Eating always feels good. Otherwise most people wouldn't eat. 'Nuff said.

Sometimes I eat to make HER feel good. Does that count?

I like the scene in Nutty Professor when he's all depressed (about being fat), and scorfs a bowl of M&M's. Hilarious!
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: M&M's Stew with Poi

>Eating always feels good. Otherwise most people wouldn't eat. 'Nuff said.

hey! but ya kept sayin! No fair!

>Sometimes I eat to make HER feel good.

Uh, no naughty stories here pweeze. we'z innocent.

>Does that count?

only to three.

Comment

Endorphin's effect on Estrogen

Chocolate silly. What were YOU thinkin'? I said EAT. Not LICK.

Medical research has found that Chocolate releases endorphin, a neurological chemical known to stimulate pleasure (feeling good).

That's what I meant! Or did I?
                sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                X