Eat kimchee to ward off bird flu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eat kimchee to ward off bird flu?

I don't know if the reason eating kimchee seems to keep people (and birds) healthy is because of the ingredients that go into the making of the kimchee or if it's because the hauna smell that floats off people who eat lots of it keeps sick people (and everyone else, for that matter) so far away that it's hard for the viruses to get into the body...but hey, at least kimchee tastes good.

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: Eat kimchee to ward off bird flu?

Originally posted by Miulang
    I don't know if the reason eating kimchee seems to keep people (and birds) healthy is because of the ingredients that go into the making of the kimchee or...
    According to this story it's the acids that kim chee develops in the fermentation process.

What baffles me is this:
    Smith said Frank's Sauerkraut and other products of the 100-year-old food company are distributed to retail outlets and food services nationally, including distribution to food services in Hawaii.
    We're getting some of our kim chee from the mainland? That offends me!
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Scrivs,
      Embrace the mainland. Vinegar is pretty much the same anywhere.
      Kepano. I mean Stefano. I mean Stephen

Comment

My favorite Food to eat is Korean food. Especially hot and spicy ~ Kim Chee. I also prepare many dishes with vinegar. I still caught the FLU last month. Shit happens. Just got to deal with it.

I usually get my Flu Shot in October. I will still get one even if I already got the flu. Knowing how my body is, I'm prone to get a double whammy!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

A news report just the other night said the those who eat sauerkraut regularly have fewer colds and milder flus. Sauerkraut is just German Kimchee, isn't it?

Comment

Working...
          X