what time do you watch teevee?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what time do you watch teevee?

I am thinking about my kids' habits. My middle schooler is a big fan of the 6pm news and whatever gameshow happens to follow it, which is evident when I hear her hollering answers at the tv.

My older teen cannot be bothered with the tv at that time of night, preferring to get whatever she needs to out of the way at those hours. Yet, she does catch the 10pm news because her tv vegetablation time starts around 8pm.

And me? I have found myself pretty much weaned off the sucker, except to scrap with the elder teen at the 8pm hour to make her watch Daily Show/Colbert Report (not as funny; needs time to develop) with me. Then I am off just in time for her to watch someone network whodunnit gore. *gaaagggg*

What is your idiot box consumption like in your hale?

pax

Re: what time do you watch teevee?

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o
    [...]What is your idiot box consumption like in your hale?
    Not much watching going on. I turn on the tv when I get up in the morning to see if there's been any catastrophic event during the night but don't have the luxury of sitting down and watching it! When time allows, I do watch Oprah. I really like the direction she's taken her talk show. I usually try to watch the 5:00 or the 10:00 news. And I fall asleep watching Jay Leno! There isn't any prime time show I follow on a regular basis. I try to remember to watch '3 Wishes' and 'Extreme Home Makeover'. So far, this season, I've watched the former twice and the latter not at all! I prefer the sound of the ocean to the sound of the tv!

Comment

The TV is normally on when I am home and awake. Of course it may be on when I am taking a short nap.

Comment

I usually watch tv from about 8-10, and then hit the hay.
        backwoodlessons2

Comment

TiVo allows for much more convenient and targeted television viewing. Some nights we don't watch any, some nights we gorge... but whenever we do watch, we skip ads and watch only shows we like. Especially fun is catching up on several episodes of a series in a sitting, like Alias. It's easier to follow the continuity (or catch the lack of it) that way. As for the time (for us grown-ups), though, it's always after 8 p.m., after the kids are in bed!

Comment

When new Korean Movies comes out...it's marathon time @ my Hale! Anywhere from 24-40+hrs for me and MAMA

Auntie Lynn
            Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
            Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Working...
            X