Farrell's returning! Woo hoo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farrell's returning! Woo hoo!

I was so excited to be able to report this!
    I normally don't post my own links to my reporting (seems like boasting, or something), but I know lotsa folks will be excited to see this, so I wanted to share.

http://starbulletin.com/2005/11/11/business/engle.html
    Last edited by Erika Engle; November 11, 2005, 11:02 AM. Reason: improved some wording
    I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Re: Farrell's returning! Woo hoo!

How's it go? Oh, yeah...

WoooT!
    http://www.linkmeister.com/wordpress/

Comment

OMG!! That's AWESOME!!!

Hope to be there next fall and if they're open, gonna plan to eat there! Maybe I'll tell them it's my burfday so that they can beat the drum and put the siren on!
      Lovena

Comment

I remember my sister used to be a server at the Maui Mall Farrell's. One time when there was a Zoo ordered I got to pound on the bass drum while all hell broke loose in the place. A highlight in my strange life...

I wish I still had my fake straw hat from the place...

Comment

I can't wait to take my grandson! I cant wait to eat a Trough.

Fun, fun, fun!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

OMG!!! *faints*

Farrells! YAY..YAY... Better start saving money now..lol
            I haven't celebrated my birthday in years. This was the last place -- in Waikiki! I remember the stairs leading up to a huge tree. I was around 8 I think. Its gonna be so awesome to take my 3 kids there.

yay...yay
            See Reny's Gallery For Great Stuff!

Comment

There was also a Farrell's at Kahala Mall, according to message board posters recalling small-kid-time birthday parties there.
              Hee! I know Farrell's was invoked more than once on HawaiiStories, as well as here (most recently in the Business Memories thread). Neat news! And it might be a good shot in the arm for Windward Mall, which hasn't had a "draw" for a while. I think a big noisy birthday party would most certainly be worth the drive!

I only remember the Farrell's at Ala Moana, and the event I remember most wasn't my birthday, but that of a classmate - a blonde girl I had a crush on (c'mon, I was in the first grade!). I can still hear the pounding of that drum... or was it my little heart?

Comment

Okay would anyone care to run by each Farrell's location on Oahu and what is in its place these days? I did not know there was one in Waikiki.

I'd even be interested to know where the Kauai location was as well!!

Thanks!

KalihiBoy

Comment

Originally posted by Kalihiboy
                  Okay would anyone care to run by each Farrell's location on Oahu and what is in its place these days? I did not know there was one in Waikiki.

I'd even be interested to know where the Kauai location was as well!!

Thanks!

KalihiBoy
                  Across the street from Windward Mall is Time's Coffee Shop. On that spot, there used to be a lounge called Honey's "the original home of Don Ho". Anyway, they razed that and built a Farrell's late '70s. When Farrell's left, various restaurants used the same building, the latest being TCS.

I went to Windward Mall today, looks like they're gonna have an IHOP too.

Comment

There was a Farrell's in Pearlridge, too, in the early '70s. It was in the current location of Taco Bell/Pizza Hut by the center entrance on the lower level of Phase I or "Uptown."

I still have a whole pile of Trough ribbons from back then. We used to go and order Troughs for everyone, then would RACE to see who could eat it the fastest! I was champ: 1:30.

Woot, indeed!! I can't wait to take my kid there!
                    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

I think...no guarantees, tho'...that there was a Farrells in Kahala Mall, ewa side, across from Patty's Chinese Kitchen. Please correct me if I'm wrong. If it wasn't a Farrells it was another ice cream/kids type place...late 1970s.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue

I think...no guarantees, tho'...that there was a Farrells in Kahala Mall
                        Someone else recently mentioned in another thread about the Kahala Mall Farrell's I remember being located at the makai side entrance where Pizza Hut is now.

Comment

SUGGESTION!

When the new Farrell's open, let's set a date and time on a weekend afternoon and we all go meet over there! What you think?

Instead of a picnic or something, it could the the Hawaii Threads Ice Cream Pigout or something like that...

What you tink?

(Sorry East Coast, Lurkah, Miulang, Lika, odda mainland guys...)
                          Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype

SUGGESTION!
                            Wow Blaine, that sounds like a shaka suggestion, and a perfect fun and family-oriented venue for taking the kids along too.

(Sorry East Coast, Lurkah, Miulang, Lika, odda mainland guys...)
                            I'm sure we won't mind as long as you can share some pics of the event.

Comment

That's a great idea, and you can mark me down as an attendee right now. I love ice cream, of course, but I'm not especially fond of it in huge quantities. However, I do have my own Farrells memories, too. Especially how you had to walk through the candy shop to get out, and we almost never got to get anything there. That was uncool.

I remember enormous rainbow-spiral lollipops and jawbreakers in many ridiculous sizes -- were the sizes named "baby," "mom," "dad," and "grandpa?" -- and how I swore that when I got older, I'd go there with my own money and get a huge jawbreaker.

You know, it saddens me to think of this. How I long for days when something like a jawbreaker could make me happy, or even the thought of someday having one. Right now, I have a stack of Rolling Stones that I haven't had time to read, and I remember when I had to save up for an issue of that same magazine, and how I'd read it so many times I practically had it memorized. That doesn't happen anymore. I am not sure I know what delayed gratification is, at least for little things like that, and I don't know if there's anything in my life I enjoy as much as I once enjoyed those magazines I saved up for and bought on the way home from school.

Someone buy me a double-scoop of coffee ice cream!
                              Last edited by scrivener; November 11, 2005, 10:18 PM. Reason: "Your love is better than chocolate . . ."
                              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Working...
                              X