Proper Wedding Attire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proper Wedding Attire

I could use some help dressing my father for his upcoming wedding on Hawaii island. Many years ago I attended a ceremony at Turle Bay on Oahu and remember the groom wearing white slacks and a white shirt with some kind of red sash at the waist. I remember because it reminded me of sashes similar to those in my Gung Fu past.

What would be the most "traditional" attire for grooms in the "local" custom?
    “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
    http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Re: Proper Wedding Attire

It varies. Some go with the formal tux, some go with the white shirt, pants and sash.

I haven't been to wedding for over eight years but around here it seems whatever works for the bride and groom. Took this photo last spring during the last HawaiiThreads/HawaiiStories gathering where this bridal party was jumping up and down for the photographer, don't know why. In any event it looks like the guys were wearing tuxes and the gals were wearing chemgsons.

Comment

Re: Proper Wedding Attire

Well, there are a lot of variations in island weddings. Locals might do the groom in white slacks, sash and maile lei, the bride in a white holoku and haku lei... but they might also do the "standard" tux and dress with Hawaiian accents, or even go with "island casual" (indistinguishable from local banker wear, save the abundance of lei).

Heck, a "local" wedding could be a Filipino wedding, or a Japanese wedding, or a Korean wedding, or a fascinating mix of cultures!

Still, I guess what you're describing is essentially the local/Hawaiian wedding style. Here's a video I posted of a friend's recent and beautiful wedding that had such elements.

Comment

Working...
      X