sweet brown rice mochi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweet brown rice mochi

Has anyone ever made mochi from sweet brown rice. I heard it was different and very good. Get back Twobacas

Re: sweet brown rice mochi

you mean the filipino style? with molasses or brown sugar???

Comment

No, like the regular sweet rice (mochi kind) but it's brown. I heard that you can get it at the Korean market. Just heard about it and it sounds interesting. twobacas

Comment

Originally posted by twobacas
        No, like the regular sweet rice (mochi kind) but it's brown. I heard that you can get it at the Korean market. Just heard about it and it sounds interesting. twobacas
        That sounds really good. I'd really like to try it. twobacas, any particular korean market you're refering to?

Comment

Hi Vale, here in the mainland any Korean market has the sweet brown rice, so I guess any korean market on the Islands should. We are planning to make mochi this weekend so I'll let you know how the sweet brown rice turns out. Later

Comment

Hey twobacas
            Thanks for the info. I should go and hunt these things down at a local korean market then. Sounds really ono.
            Please keep us posted on how yours turns out! I'd be interested in trying to make it myself too.
            Vale

Comment

Hey, Vale, Just reporting back after a day of making mochi. Everything went allright except the weather...it rained off and on. No problem, we made of total of 55 lbs mochi. No, not all for us, there were many families.
              Reporting on the sweet brown rice mochi, it tasted kind of nutty and alot of texture. I guess alot like brown rice versus white rice. So if you like brown rice you will love sweet brown rice mochi. If you wrap a red bean paste ball with the sweet brown rice mochi, like regular mochi, it's very good.
              Tell me how your's turn out..........(^o^)

Comment

Ooooh, now that sounds ono! 55lbs is a LOT of mochi. Makes me want to go try make it right now! Heck, I'd buy some from you if i could.
                I can only imagine that the taste would have more flavor and texture, but thats exactly what makes brown rice taste good.
                I can't wait to try it. I just hope it can come out as good as yours did.
                Thanks for the update twobacas!

Comment

Working...
                X