Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gobble gobble...I'm STUFFED!!!

Oh man I ate too much...again!

I don't think I'll wake up in time for WalMart's 5am opening on Black Friday....ohhhh my tummy
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Re: Gobble gobble...I'm STUFFED!!!

Had the Big City Diner's Turkey Special for a late afternoon meal after watching a movie at Ward. The meal was pretty good for a reasonable price of roughly $13.

Not really stuffed but I ate well today.

Comment

Ah the ritual...TG lunch, TG dinner (overeating at both, of course), then the long round of TG leftover meals begins...

I just need good stuffing and the mashed potatoes (with Tabasco). The rest is just extras.

Time to start planning the next overeating adventure--Xmas dinner!

Comment

Originally posted by AbsolutChaos
        Ah the ritual...TG lunch, TG dinner (overeating at both, of course), then the long round of TG leftover meals begins...

I just need good stuffing and the mashed potatoes (with Tabasco). The rest is just extras.

Time to start planning the next overeating adventure--Xmas dinner!

Who's brilliant idea was to have a Christmas turkey? I mean wasn't Thanksgiving enough?

My kids were so bad today leaving their clothes all over the floor, in a moment of frustration I told them I'm gonna ban Christmas this year. It's amazing how fast their room got cleaned up and how the bird's water dishes were filled and did I mention the breakfast dishes? Interesting how a little persuasion can motivate a kid.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I opted out on Helen's choice of the full platter at Big City Diner since I couldn't eat more than half of it last year. So I gave a nod to tradition instead with a smoked turkey and cranberry sandwich. Was still pretty stuffed.

Comment

why is it called Black Friday?

I ate too much too.... but redeemed myself by not eating a piece of pie till today.
            Aloha,
            Mokihana

Comment

Originally posted by Mokihana
              Why is it called Black Friday?
              Because the shop-owners accounting books go from being "in the red" to being "in the black" with all these holiday shoppers.
              Seriously. That's the answer.
              And having said that... don't get me started on the over-commercialization of Christmas. Every time I see hordes of Christmas shoppers and get sick of being inundated with Christmas ads, I try to remember this slogan:
              Jesus = the reason for the season.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

[QUOTE=craigwatanabe]Who's brilliant idea was to have a Christmas turkey? I mean wasn't Thanksgiving enough?
                QUOTE]

Perhaps we should call this phonemenon "Ben Franklin's Revenge." Since his wild turkey was not adopted as the US State bird, he ensured that the turkey remained important to Americans in other ways instead. Sneaky, that Ben Franklin...heehee...

Letter from Ben Franklin to his daughter on why he favored the wild turkey over the bald eagle as America's state bird:

http://html.clickondetroit.com/sh/ho...13-135438.html

Comment

Working...
                X