HT Recipes: Dessert

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HT Recipes: Dessert

This is the place for Hawaii Threads members to share your favorite dessert recipes.

The finale to every good meal is ever-so-sweet. Sometimes sour. Sometimes hot, other times cold. But always sweet.
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Robert Redford Dessert

One of our accounting dept. staff brought this supah' ono dessert to several office party pot lucks and it always got wiped out! I guarantee if you try this, you won't be able to eat just one serving.. it's THAT GOOD. The flavors and textures are similar to Ted's pies.. just to give an idea of what this is about. I've also done one where I substituted Pistachio pudding instead of Chocolate. Pretty good! But I stll prefer the chocolate-vanilla version. It's called "Robert Redford" because of the implied decadence, but you may just as well name it the "Angelina Jolie".

ROBERT REDFORD DESSERT

Bottom Layer:
    • 1 cup unsifted flour
    • 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, softened
    • 1 cup finely chopped pecans

Middle Layer:
    • 1 8-oz. package cream cheese, softened
    • 1 cup sugar
    • 1 9-oz. carton frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed

Top Layer:
    • 1 6-3/4 oz. (large) pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
    • 1 6-3/4 oz. (large) pkg. instant chocolate pudding mix
    • 3 cups cold milk

Make the bottom layer by mixing together the flour, butter and pecans until crumb-like. Press the mixture into a greased 9"x13" pan. Bake in a preheated 350º oven for 15 to 20 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Cool.

Make the middle layer by beating the cream cheese with the sugar until smooth. Fold in half the thawed whipped topping. Spread the mixture over the cooled crust.

Make the top layer by beating the milk into the pudding mixes until smoooth and thickened. Spread over the middle layer. Spread the remaining whipped topping over the top. A grated chocolate candy bar may be sprinkled over the top for garnishment and further decadence.

Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours, then indulge and enjoy.
    Last edited by Pomai; November 26, 2005, 02:49 PM. Reason: Refrigeration time
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: HT Recipes: Dessert

Kukui Nuts

¾ c butter
      3 ¼ to 3 ¾ c sifted powdered sugar
      1 c peanut butter
      ½ tsp vanilla
      16 oz semi sweet or dark chocolate
      1 tbsp paraffin wax

Microwave butter for 1-2 minutes until melted. Combine melted butter and 2 cups of the powdered sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Beat until smooth. Add peanut butter, beating until combined. Stir in vanilla. Beat enough of the remaining powdered sugar to make firm, crumbly mixture. Roll mixture into 2 inch balls. Arrange on tray and chill for 30 minutes. Melt chocolate and wax in a saucepan over low heat. Using a fork coat entire peanut butter ball into chocolate mixture. Place balls on wax paper lined tray and chill in fridge until firm. Makes about 72.

Comment

Working...
      X