Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

I have to admit that I am not a Harry Potter fan, never read the books, never saw the first three movies and it wasn't my idea to go see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire but I did let Albert pick the movie for Thanksgiving day and that's what we saw.

For me I was kind of entertained by the movie, the flying sequences were well done as well as the underwater scenes. Did notice a slight issue with a plot point not being resolved, but maybe that might be in the next movie.

Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

My brother was supposed to take me (we planned 4 days in advance), but he decided to go to a concert the night before, have hangover the next morning, and stand me up. So my parents took me instead. I was worried they'd be totally confused since they saw, at best, one HP movie in the past, but to my surprise, they followed along pretty well although I had to explain some things that the movie foolishly neglected to, like the reason for/behind "Priori Incantatem" between Voldemort and Harry.

The most satisfying part was that they enjoyed the movie as much as I did, which is a lot. This is the best HP movie to me, just as well since GoF was my favorite book along with Order of the Phoenix. I love the way it was directed, I love the general atmosphere, and it's just great to see everyone grow as people and actors (the post Yule-ball scene with Ron and Hermione was great).

One thing that I didn't care for was Dumbledore's aggression (he was always supposed to be calm and collected) which would be the one major thing I dislike about Gambon's Dumbledore opposed to Richard Harris's... and another thing is the beginning, which was a little too condensed and short for me, going from the World Cup to Moody's class in nearly 10 minutes. I think I would've rather had more content in the beginning than the Hungarian Horntail chasing Harry around Hogwarts. And the last thing that I'm miffed about is the lack of school life. I realize that it was necessary for them to cut out things like other classes to save time and be able to focus on the Triwizard Tournament, but that was a whole lot of the charm of HP for me.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the movie and the job Newell did opposed to Columbus and Cuaron. With the amount of action (and angst) that is supposed to be in the 5th movie, I'm very hopeful, despite a new director taking over.
    myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Re: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Good movie BUT it was almost like a foreign movie. I think I missed at least 1/3 of the lines. Should have "American" subtitles.

Comment

Working...
      X