I'm back in Hawai'i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm back in Hawai'i

..and boy, I'm having a tough time reacclimating myself to the humidity! At one time in my life I would have thought that the 70 degrees it's currently at in Kailua was chilly...now I think it's "wicked hot"! I'm supposed to run a marathon in this weather, after having just run a 12 miler in RI when it was 25 degrees and windy? I've clearly become a cold weather person...I suppose I'll get used to this again in short time. I arrived in Kailua about 2 hours ago..my flight from NYC was awful...took 11.5 hours, as the winds over the Great Plaines were fierce.

Anyway..I'm going to bed now as I'm still on East Coast time. I do hope to meet up with some of the Hawaii Threads ohana during my two+ weeks here. It's neat posting in here while I'm actually here in HI...now maybe I can go out and search for clues PZ's Zoom game....maybe I can get back into the contest!!

Aloha ahiahi,

Surfingfarmboy

Re: I'm back in Hawai'i

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy
    ..and boy, I'm having a tough time reacclimating myself to the humidity! At one time in my life I would have thought that the 70 degrees it's currently at in Kailua was chilly...now I think it's "wicked hot"! I'm supposed to run a marathon in this weather, after having just run a 12 miler in RI when it was 25 degrees and windy? I've clearly become a cold weather person...I suppose I'll get used to this again in short time. I arrived in Kailua about 2 hours ago..my flight from NYC was awful...took 11.5 hours, as the winds over the Great Plaines were fierce.

Anyway..I'm going to bed now as I'm still on East Coast time. I do hope to meet up with some of the Hawaii Threads ohana during my two+ weeks here. It's neat posting in here while I'm actually here in HI...now maybe I can go out and search for clues PZ's Zoom game....maybe I can get back into the contest!!

Aloha ahiahi,

Surfingfarmboy

Kailua is tuckering you out?? Lucky you no stay Ewa Beach!
    aloha, PM

pax

Comment

Aloha! Welcome back to Hawai'i! See ya!

Auntie Lynn
      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Spend plenty of money. It's good for our economy, tourism and taxes.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Welcome home, Mahi'ai me ka Papahe'enalu! Wheeha! Take a deep breath, relax, enjoy!
          Blaine
          Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by mel
            Spend plenty of money. It's good for our economy, tourism and taxes.
            Absolutely. Indeed, I will. In fact, I'm willing to start off my spending spree here in Hawai'i by treating you to a Jamba Juice at the JJ here in Kailua...I'll be over there around 9:30 AM or so. Just look for guy who looks like farmboy wearing bib overalls and a John Deere cap. Introduce yourself and have a JJ on me!

Howzit Blaine: As you said "Welcome home, Mahi'ai me ka Papahe'enalu! Wheeha! Take a deep breath, relax, enjoy!" Blaine

Enough relaxing for now! I have to get out into the city and track down clues for Zoom pt. 7...I have to get back into the game! I'm getting drilled! (By you and Scriv!)

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy
              Absolutely. Indeed, I will. In fact, I'm willing to start off my spending spree here in Hawai'i by treating you to a Jamba Juice at the JJ here in Kailua...I'll be over there around 9:30 AM or so.
              Thanks for the invite. Considering I am looking at this at 9:40 AM or so and the fact that I am on the other side of the island, it is quite impossible to make it there now. I hope you have a good time during your stay on the island. I take you're running in next Sunday's marathon, always a big event in December. Good luck with that and the game too.

mel
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

welcome back, farmer...good luck in the marathon and don't forget to carbo-load with dry pasta and budweiser!
                Don't be mean,
                try to help.

Comment

A bunch of us got to meet and talk "story" with "Surfingfarmboy" last night at Todai's!
                  Good fun, great conversations and one of Holiday Cheer!

Pictures can be viewed at my Blog at http://www.auntiepupule.com/blog

We'll be cheering you on Surfingfarmboy, #4442 and another member here at HT, Keith H.

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Auntie, Mahalo for the photos on your blog! Since I can't meet up with you folks in the Islands (well, not easily - but I'll let you know when I am next back to visit), it's a real treat to see what a handsome/beautiful bunch of folks you are. (There are photos of me out there in the web-world, too, like at the sites for our SUPA `ukulele group, and the Hawai`i Radio Connection radio shows, but I'm not always identified in 'em.)

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine

A bunch of us got to meet and talk "story" with "Surfingfarmboy" last night at Todai's!
                      I heard from an inside source that one of Todai's staff almost had lickens from someone in the group.

Comment

Great pictures and I'm happy you are having a wonderful time back home. Even though according to Auntie's blog there were almost "whack whack" moments. Love to hear about that sometime!

I'm back home on January 10th. Anything going on around then?
                        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

My boyfriend's running the marathon too. Perhaps we could have a little get-together at Kapiolani Park if there are others participating--and those of us NOT running could cheer them on and greet them at the finish line...? Or perhaps meet for a celebratory meal afterward?

My boyfriend's aiming for around four hours to finish, I think...

Good luck to all the participants!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine
                            I was trying to figure out a way to say this that doesn't sound offensive in some way, but I'll just go ahead and blurt it out: Auntie, you look so young in person!

Thank you, Randy, and everyone for a delightful evening. I'm looking forward to another get-together sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by MadAzza
                              I was trying to figure out a way to say this that doesn't sound offensive in some way, but I'll just go ahead and blurt it out: Auntie, you look so young in person!
                              MadAzza, thank you. You made my year!

Leikaina, nothing planned but I'm all ear's! I would love to meet you!

...as for the Whack Whack incident, I got a bit of a scolding from a sushi chef over taking pictures. I had to ask our waitress, Christine if that was true and she told us no. So, I said "Whack Whack!" Da bugga lucky I wasn't drinking!

I had fun with my fellow members of HT. They are all down to earth and very interesting to have conversations with. I also learned a bit of History from Surfingfarmboy about Potatoes grown on Maui & the Civil War.

Auntie Lynn

VOTE Auntie Pupule for Governor!!!!!
                              Last edited by 1stwahine; December 5, 2005, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X