Favorite CGI Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorite CGI Movies

What's your favorite movie made strictly by Computer Generated Imagery (CGI)?

Toy Story? Ice Age? Shrek? Robots? Shark Tale? Final Fantasy? Other?

Shark Tale is by far my favorite and one of very few movie DVD's that I replay from time to time. That whole Italian Mob thing gives it substance that adults can relate to, yet playful enough for kids to enjoy. Also dig how they turned the undersea world into a metropolis like New York. The concept of a vegetarian Great White Shark was also very clever. Robert De Niro's voice was the perfect choice for "The Boss".
    Last edited by Pomai; December 3, 2005, 12:50 PM. Reason: Typo
    sigpic The Tasty Island

Re: Favorite CGI Movies

I think Shrek and Shrek 2 were pretty good movies as far as parody the fairy tales and put a modern twist to them.

Comment

Yep. Shrek, Shrek2, and coming up....Shrek3.

Comment

There aren't too many all CGI movies out there that I know of, so at this point in time I'll also go with "Shrek" and "Shrek 2". I also liked "Final Fantasy". I even paid to see the movie on the big screen in Waikiki when it first came out.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

...Shark Tale! I enjoyed the Music! Especially, Car Wash!!!!

Auntie Lynn
          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Pretty much anything and everything that Pixar did, especially The Incredibles. Shrek and Shrek 2 are hilarious, and Antz is an okay movie. Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within was a good movie when I got past the fact that it didn't really use any of the familiar elements of the video games. Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children is kind of the opposite. Totally a fan service movie for fans of FFVII, but actually not that good when you get super technical. But it looks gorgeous and the action is ridiculously great (the creators admit that's all they really focused on, too, heh) and it still rocked my world.
            myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

I loved The Incredibles and Finding Nemo, least favorite Monsters Inc . As far as CGI characters go... my favorite will always be Gollum from the Lord of the Rings. Least favorite... CGI Yoda, the Yoda in The Empire Strikes Back was more "human" . Looking forward to Cars this summer.
              Father Of The Pride was also funny.
              Last edited by alohabear; December 5, 2005, 05:13 AM.
              Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
              Flickr

Comment

Though "Toy Story" was early in the development of all-CGI films, I still liked it a lot, and thought it had a lot of heart. The smooth surfaces, tight polygons and great textures were secondary.

As an early experiment, I also liked "Final Fantasy." I can also see why it was not a commercial success, though.

Movies like "Shrek" and "Shark's Tale" (and our recent acquisition, "Madagascar") were definitely lots of fun, but were not movies I'd say were great films. Sure they were hip and current and I laughed out loud. But ten years from now I'm pretty sure they'll be forgotten.

I thought "Finding Nemo" was one of the best looking CGI films out there, and the story was pretty good... though the whole "Disney's Broken Families" theme was starting to grate on me by that point. I liked the story of "Monsters, Inc.," actually, and also appreciated the apparent advances in technology in computer animation.

Comment

Anything pixar does never fails to impress. Always outdoing themselves. The original TOY STORY series still has to be one of the classics in the genre and is still good for a laugh. Finding NEMO and THE INCREDIBLES definitely raised the bar pretty high again.

Comment

Working...
                  X