Aeon Flux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeon Flux

My friend and I saw Aeon Flux at Ward on Sunday afternoon. Kind of a strange movie as far as the sci-fi element goes but what was stranger still is that my friend and I didn't discuss this movie after it was over.

Re: Aeon Flux

i'm so disappointed to see that the reviews seem consistently bad for this flick i had high hopes for this and i'll still watch it but i love sci fi and i was hoping that this would blow the audience away.... oh well....
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I loved the animated original and will see this one despite its reviews. As long as it has that dark, quiet foreboding of the original, I'll be pleased.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I didn't see the original works and while I was aware of the bad reviews that this movie has gotten I didn't read those articles. Some parts of the movie I got including the plot, one part I didn't get was a device that Aeon Flux wore to move between a lab and the library, didn't know where there two places in relation to one another.
        Last edited by helen; December 5, 2005, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Haven't seen it yet, I was fan enough of the animated original. I'm actually excited to see how it came together on the big screen. Haven't read reviews yet though, is it really bombing that bad?
          I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Selection of quotes from the always entertaining RottenTomatoes.com movie review aggregator (here's the Aeon Flux page):
            Originally posted by New York Post
            Aeon Flux is by far the year's worst movie, a most dubious achievement.
            Originally posted by The Boston Globe
            Thanksgiving is over, but those gluttons still hungry for turkey should enjoy picking at the carcass of Aeon Flux.
            Originally posted by Kansas City Star
            Charlize Theron has her Oscar. Now she has her Catwoman.
            Seems Paramount was asking for the abuse when it specifically tried to keep this movie from critics in advance. Though there appears to be consensus that it's half-hearted promotion of the movie also makes sense. A pity.

Comment

Wow, sad to hear that. It could have been a good Sci-Fi flick. I'll check it out but now I'm sorta scared at how bad it may be. I still haven't seen Harry Potter though which I keep "meaning to do." So that comes first if it's still in theaters by the time I get around to it.
              I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

I always liked the animated series. Reminded me of the way people dressed and acted in the clubs I used to frequent. Good times.
                “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
                http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Hmm..., debating if this is one of those 'wait for DVD' movies. It wasn't attractive enough to be a opening nite movie and its starting to feel a little like maybe I can wait.

Comment

i felt so depressed after the uh women's volleyball team lost to mizzou that i decided to watch a movie to help me get out of my funk.

guess what? i didn't think aeon was great but i also don't think that it stunk as the reviews would have you believe. (as a small aside, i was amazed at how fit she was--great tights!--considering that she consciously put on so much weight for her role in monster.)
                    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

I was never a fan of the cartoon. I mean while people were watching it on Mtv I was watching Dragonball GT. But I was planning on watching the movie next week but since it has low ratings I'll wait till it come's out on DVD. Oh darn I was expecting it to be GOOD!
                      A Warrior does not give up on what he loves he finds the love in what he does.

Comment

If you are all by yourself, watching the movie now will be the cheaper method, that is assuming you buy DVD as opposed to renting it.

Comment

Working...
                        X