Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Hello :)

Hey,
    I'm new on this Board, and I've anounce just "to look", cause I'm interessted to meet other peoples and cultures .
    I hope my english is acceptabel and you will understand me ...

I think it will be funny at this Board and wish nice Greetings from Germany .

Re: Just Hello

Welcome and Aloha
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Ein Skorpion
      Hey,
      I'm new on this Board, and I've anounce just "to look", cause I'm interessted to meet other peoples and cultures .
      I hope my english is acceptabel and you will understand me ...

I think it will be funny at this Board and wish nice Greetings from Germany .
      There just might be times you won't be able to understand us!
      Regardless...willkommen und frohe Feiertage (I sure hope babelfish isn't playing dirty tricks on me!!!)

Comment

First, thanks for the Welcomes ...

And now:

tutusue wrote:
        There just might be times you won't be able to understand us!

I just say: Highly live "Langenscheidts Taschenwörterbuch" (it's an dictionary ).

Regardless...willkommen und frohe Feiertage (I sure hope babelfish isn't playing dirty tricks on me!!!)

Mhh... it's German, and I think the translation is OK .
        Thanks and I wish you and all others here the same .

Comment

[...]I just say: Highly live "Langenscheidts Taschenwörterbuch" (it's an dictionary ).[...]
          Ah, but will you find Pidgin definitions or translations? That is the question!

Here's a resource for you:
          http://www.dakine.net/hawaii/culture...y-pidgin.shtml
          It's just a sample and you'll see pidgin here in HT that varies from this web site. Possibly other members have better web sites.

Regardless...just ask questions if you're not sure what something means.

Comment

Welcome to the boards, Skorpion
            myspace | facebook | puppy moonwalk

Comment

Willkommen zu den Hawaii Gewinden!

Ausgezeichnet!
              Ich bin wie Sie neues hier. Vor vielen Jahren erlernte ich, Deutsches zu sprechen. Leider ich jetzt rostig bin.

Aloha,
              Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata

Ausgezeichnet!
                Ich bin wie Sie neues hier. Vor vielen Jahren erlernte ich, Deutsches zu sprechen. Leider ich jetzt rostig bin.
                Brah, wat kine pidgin dat?

Aloha, Skorpion. Have you met many people from Hawai'i where you are?

Comment

Ausgezeichnet!
                  I'm ashamed. I have 1/4th German, yet can't speak one sentence of it.

So yeah, what he just said.

Scorpions! Klaus Meine, Mathias Jabbs, Rudolph Shenker. One of my all time favorite metal bands!

Volkswagen. Audi. Mercedes Benz. Porsche. BMW. Yeah those too.
                  sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by lurkah
                    Brah, wat kine pidgin dat? [...]
                    Bwaha! I tried reading Paul's post from right to left, just in case! Didn't work!

It appears he said something along the lines of:
                    "Welcomely to the Hawaii threads! Distinguished! I am new like you here. Many years ago I learned to speak German. Unfortunately I am rusty now."

Better start brushing up on your Spanish, Paul!

Comment

Ha ha ha! Thanks, Sue.

The only coherent (?) phrase that I can remember from all my semesters is:

Für Jahre hat Mann die Umweltverschmutzung, besonders das Wäldsterben in Deutschland diskutiert.

Which (I think) means:
                      For years, man has talked about environmental pollution, especially the death of the forests in Germany.

Which won't really help if I ever decide to visit Germany.

BTW, "Still Loving You" is my favorite Scorpions song and the best metal power-ballad ever!

Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai
                        [...]Scorpions! Klaus Meine, Mathias Jabbs, Rudolph Shenker. One of my all time favorite metal bands!

Volkswagen. Audi. Mercedes Benz. Porsche. BMW. Yeah those too.
                        [...]BTW, "Still Loving You" is my favorite Scorpions song and the best metal power-ballad ever!

Paul
                        Aaaah jeez, you guys are making me feel so...OLD! Scorpions? They musta come after...long after...the Beach Boys and Dick Dale and the Deltones?! But, I recognize all of those cars! My mechanic works on German cars only...which means I'll buy a German car, only! I won't give up that mechanic. Huh uh. No way! But...no sprechen sie Deutsches!

Hey, Paul..."Mi nombre es Paul Ogata. Estoy muy, muy divertido. ¡El nombre de mi agente es (complete el espacio en blanco)!" Now, try that with a pidgin 'accent', rinse, repeat.

BTW...for all of you surfers, German, Spanish or otherwise...surf's up in Makaha!

Comment

Oha ^^.

tutusue wrote:
                          Here's a resource for you:...
                          Thank you for this site (yea... my dictionary has only translations, and only into "normal" english ).

kupomog wrote:
                          Welcome to the boards, Skorpion
                          Thank you, too ...
                          Last edited by Ein Skorpion; December 10, 2005, 06:35 AM.

Comment

Sorry for the Second post, but the board doesn't send so many "images"
                            OK, sorry... I think, I've found the mistake...

Paul Ogata wrote:
                            Ausgezeichnet!
                            hehe, cool ... I think You're german isn't worse as my english (and I hope it's OK ^^). But somebody tell me german is hard to learn for not Germans as ,for example, english for Germans.
                            Für Jahre hat Mann die Umweltverschmutzung, besonders das Wäldsterben in Deutschland diskutiert.
                            Hey, this sentece is very good, but when you tell from more forests, you must write "Wälder..." (otherwise you must write "Wald..." *Smart arse-Modus: off* -> sorry ).
                            Which won't really help if I ever decide to visit Germany.
                            Öhm, I think thats right ^^...

lurkah wrote:
                            Aloha, Skorpion. Have you met many people from Hawai'i where you are?
                            Hey, thanks for the Aloha and no, I don't met any people from Hawai'i here in my area
                            (only over the internet, and here I've found this forum ).

Pomai wrote:
                            ... I have 1/4th German ...
                            Sorry, but did it mean that you have Germans in your family, or do I understand it wrong o.O?

OK, now I think I'm... öh... Pau ^^ (for the moment ).
                            Last edited by Ein Skorpion; December 10, 2005, 06:42 AM.

Comment

Sorry, but did it mean that you have Germans in your family, or do I understand it wrong o.O?
                              My mother's family is from Hannover, Germany.

Skorpion, that was lots of quotes!
                              sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Working...
                              X